• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I bought Naruto which came with $10 credit from Amazon. How long until I get this credit? The wording made it sound like I would get it on the same day.

I got a Steam Library to increase!

Grief.exe

Oh my god, what is this. Kind of OT, I'm sorry.

This will be the only time you will see Monk swearing.

What is that website link?

gizoogle?

I bought Naruto which came with $10 credit from Amazon. How long until I get this credit? The wording made it sound like I would get it on the same day.

I got a Steam Library to increase!

Its tied to your account, no need to do anything extra.

Dear lord Naruto looks stunning. I played the PS3 version when it came out and thought it looked great, but the PC version at 1080p + SSAA with the new shaders they added to Full Burst can be mistaken for the anime in the intro.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam Client Beta Update - October 25
We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

General:
  • Added "High Priority" setting for games. Steam will prioritize updates for these games, downloading the before updates for other games.
  • Improve in-game performance when enumerating community items for some users who have used a very large number (thousands) of workshop items in Portal 2 or hero builds in Dota 2
Downloads page
  • Added section for games that need updates but are set to not automatically update
  • Added info showing the auto-update setting for each game, which is a link to the settings dialog
  • Updated Big Picture Mode's Downloads page for the new Queue behavior
Friends List
  • Fixed regression with inter-item spacing in compact view (no avatars)
  • Fixed various icons appearing next to every friend for a while if you hide then re-show avatars

Exuro

Steam Client Beta Update - October 25
We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

General:
  • Added "High Priority" setting for games. Steam will prioritize updates for these games, downloading the before updates for other games.
  • Improve in-game performance when enumerating community items for some users who have used a very large number (thousands) of workshop items in Portal 2 or hero builds in Dota 2
Downloads page
  • Added section for games that need updates but are set to not automatically update
  • Added info showing the auto-update setting for each game, which is a link to the settings dialog
  • Updated Big Picture Mode's Downloads page for the new Queue behavior
Friends List
  • Fixed regression with inter-item spacing in compact view (no avatars)
  • Fixed various icons appearing next to every friend for a while if you hide then re-show avatars
They're on a roll with these beta updates.

oipic

Probably very old news in SteamGAF terms, but I hadn't realised the second screen functionality was coming to the PC version of DE:HR DC as well - that's nice. Think I'll hold off on my play-through for now until this becomes available - posts on the Eidos forums don't indicate an ETA, though.

denx

What is that website link?

gizoogle?

Yep. I found that translator after someone posted a link to it on the comments of a Destructoid article. I had to see if the SteamGAF thread was translated, and sure enough...

Probably very old news in SteamGAF terms, but I hadn't realised the second screen functionality was coming to the PC version of DE:HR DC as well - that's nice. Think I'll hold off on my play-through for now until this becomes available - posts on the Eidos forums don't indicate an ETA, though.

You should wait. It seems like the DC is in need of some serious patching. I'll hold off buying it until the issues are ironed out.

btw, neither DEHR nor TML are available for purchase on Steam anymore, only the DC.

denx

What issues? I've been playing for hours and haven't run into anything...

People have reported some graphics problems like missing textures on some parts, but it's mostly performance problems. The DC runs like dogshit compared to the original game for quite a few people.

Zia

So, is there a story behind the appearance of the OOP Steam games? Dead stock, or an experiment to see if it's worth licensing this stuff from whatever holding companies?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, is there a story behind the appearance of the OOP Steam games? Dead stock, or an experiment to see if it's worth licensing this stuff from whatever holding companies?

Nothing official, just speculation. Although I believe that Konami re-acquired the rights to Saw since it's available "officially" once again. No idea on either Riddick or Ghostbusters.

Managed to order both Riddick and Ghostbuster through Tunnelbear, Paypal and using Google as my address. Guess I'll find out in a business day whether I'm successful!

Storm360

Oh my god, what is this. Kind of OT, I'm sorry.

This will be the only time you will see Monk swearing.

Monk's post is gold "Mista Muthafuckin Orange"

"hat should be one game dat could be possible ta git on Steam n' not just be kept on tha library but played. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Although I aint shizzle if it aged well."

Salsa

I think its cause I stupidly tried to use my card on the Eshop yesterday even tho it never worked. Last time around Nintendo held my money for like a week so im probably screwed

shit

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
GMG aint letting me buy Brothers, pretty sure I have funds maaan :s

I couldn't buy Lego Marvel from them the other day. After submitting my Paypal info, it told me there was an error processing my order. Tried a few times, at different times throughout the day, same deal.

I have bad luck buying games lately. Maybe the universe is telling me I don't need them.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Pinball Arcade will finally be available on November 1st (table packs 1 - 18)...

about time...

HYPE!

i waited years for this :D

Bluth54

Someone remind me why Ghostbusters was good?

I faintly recall it being one of those games that are adapted from movies, that are actually good.

I loved it. Then again Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time and when I was a little kid I wanted to be a Ghostbuster when I grew up.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1efunq.png

Half-Life 3 (Standard Edition) -- MB-64D5072141A11A81 - Taken by random. 9 entrants total.

t1382760824z1.png

Feeling lucky? There's a slight possibility this key will redeem Half-Life 3.

If you're not feeling lucky and just want Civilization V, you could just enter for that.

Pudge

Is it bad that I'm sad that I already owned Ghostbusters and Riddick from back when they were on sale and now I can't join everyone in the hype for rare Steam loot?

Colin.

Didn't for me, tried Paypal and Visa and got cancellation mails a couple of minutes later.

It wouldn't even accept my Mastercard when I tried by card first, so had to go through Paypal. Nothing yet, but time will tell. It's a game I've been meaning to try out, but not high on the want list. So worth a go at the price, but I wont be too gutted if it doesn't go through.

Storm360

It wouldn't even accept my Mastercard when I tried by card first, so had to go through Paypal. Nothing yet, but time will tell. It's a game I've been meaning to try out, but not high on the want list. So worth a go at the price, but I wont be too gutted if it doesn't go through.

How did you even get paypal to work? I just get a region error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom