• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'd actually play Riddick but I think it would bring more happiness to some of the obsessive types in this thread so I'm not gonna enter. :p

Blur and Outrun are the ones I want. Cryostasis and Neverwinter Nights 2 are both good too, but I have them already. NWN2 especially can't come back soon enough; I want to gift it to some friends to play through Mask of the Betrayer.

I remember that back in the day nVidia was giving away copies of Cryostasis to activate on steam and I couldn't get any :( Anyway I don't think the game was going to be playable for me at the time.

I remember that back in the day nVidia was giving away copies of Cryostasis to activate on steam and I couldn't get any :( Anyway I don't think the game was going to be playable for me at the time.

I remember getting Cryostatis from a bundle, but I can't remember which was it!

So real talk, is Ghostbusters any good? I don't care about collector appeal but I don't want to pass it up if it's a genuinely enjoyable game to play through.

The first level is a real joy. You have your buddies with you and you are walking around catching those ghosts and causing all sorts of destruction.

At the end of it, you are thinking, this is awesome, can't wait to see what is next!

Then you keep playing. The next level is as good as the first. This isn't a good thing though because you'll be thinking "didn't I just play this?" It remains solid, but you are pretty much doing the same thing over and over whilst the enemies wear different shoelaces.

I think it is worth the money, especially for fans. However if you find yourself getting bored bail out because there is nothing much else to see.

Jzero

Guys, i won a Steam Machine!
i wish i could say that but it's not likely with half a million entries.

erila

Neo Member
I'm tempted by Enslaved - does it play OK with keyboard + mouse or is it a game that really needs a controller?

Slacker

Is there a consensus around here on Forced? Looks like maybe a good one for game night once I get my Steam Machine™ in the living room.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't think he intends to play it.

It's true
:( I need help. But I'm still 660 games shy of JaseC.

Nobody likes rally racing? WRC finally came to steam! gonna drop 30 for it when i get home. Beats tje hell out of dirt and the shit xpand rally games.

Addnan

Nobody likes rally racing? WRC finally came to steam! gonna drop 30 for it when i get home. Beats tje hell out of dirt and the shit xpand rally games.

It's $30 in USA? £35 in the UK lol. Wish they released a demo on PC, the demo on console was horrible. Sub 30fps.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I have the following coupons, if anyone needs them just PM.

tUA1McT.png

man, so true:

RB: I gotta say I still don’t understand why it’s a reboot. I know the story was a bit shit in the first one, but there was still so much room to continue on from there, take the world that was built and keep building on it. But what did they mean? Reboot? There’s that bit in the trailer where it’s action and you’re thinking, ‘Shit, what is their plan? Are they making it into some kind of God-Of-War-in-firstperson beat ‘em up?’ Which is obviously the complete opposite of what we were going for in the first Mirror’s Edge.

The trailer is very almost-Battlefield – very colour-graded and cinematic, shall we say? The original was very stylised, fresh and different. One of my pet gripes is that every game today wants to look like it’s shot through Michael Bay’s sunglasses or JJ Abrams’ asshole. One of the things that defines Mirror’s Edge is that it wasn’t any of those things. It wasn’t set through a camera lens but someone’s eyes. When I saw the colour-grading on that trailer– I don’t know if you saw on Twitter, but someone posted to me a colour-corrected version and I RT’d that because, boom, they’d nailed it.

There are some really good guys I knew on that team, some from Grin, a couple from Starbreeze. They’re really good artists. But I don’t think Johannes is working on that any more, I’m not sure. So whether the art direction is going to stick with the original or be rebooted, I don’t know. But it’s one of those things where it’s like: they’re messing with my baby.

DET: I wonder if they’ll spare it the dirty camera lens effect.

RB: That’s a last-gen thing where they try and cover up limitations in the graphics with shitloads of post-processing, and you end up with a situation where someone’s got glaucoma. It’s just completely unrealistic and ruins what good art there is. Did you play Syndicate? From an art point of view, that just felt like instead of trying to work on the art they just smeared all this bloom and lens flare all over it to compensate. It just makes me cringe so hard when I see stuff like that.

kafiend

Steam Forums already came up trumps.

Only one complaint that really ruined this game for me...

The game plays fine- I like it - I really do BUT why the hell does the entire driver portrait gallery look like the FBI's Al Qaeda most wanted line up?

Playing as a terrorist rally driver? SOLD!

schwupp

has there been any information on region locks of cod ghost pre orders?
gifts of it are being sold as region free .. which sounds kind of shady having the history of cod region locks in mind.

Chronoja

Has anyone had a problem with the Indie Gala Store recently? for whatever reason it appears my account there has been deleted. I couldn't log in, waited forever for the system to send me my password thinking I'd forgotten it, hours later nothing. I tested it by making a new account with the same email address thinking it would prevent me from doing so "email already in use" but no, it accepted the new account and now I have no idea where the old one went.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ghostbusters page is no longer showing an "Add to cart" option, and the stuff about Steamworks and requiring Steam is also gone.

Nevermind, reloaded and it's back.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ghostbusters page is no longer showing an "Add to cart" option, and the stuff about Steamworks and requiring Steam is also gone.

Nevermind, reloaded and it's back.

It's still gone for me. Damn. I was planning on getting it when I get home. I don't like buying stuff while I'm on the work computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom