• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Fix this shit Steam.

t7zy33P.png

The_Monk

^ I loved Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Mr. Orange.

That should be one game that could be possible to get on Steam and not just be kept on the library but played. Although I'm not sure if it aged well.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Do all retail keys for Prey activate on steam? Do any other format rather than
Code:
AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
actually exist?

MRORANGE

^ I loved Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) Mr. Orange.

That should be one game that could be possible to get on Steam and not just be kept on the library but played. Although I'm not sure if it aged well.

Fahrenheit needs to come back, and it needs proper controller support.

I only got so far into the game, found it quite fun but stopped playing after the boxing match? Still have the save game files somewhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fahrenheit needs to come back, and it needs proper controller support.

It's self-published by Quantic on GOG. I e-mailed the company asking if a Steam release were possible but was ignored (as tends to happen -- I don't know why publishers hate me so much), but Grief jumped on Twitter to ask a QD employee the same question and was just told that it's available on GOG, which, in practice, was just as fruitless an endeavour.

I can't help but wonder if Atari will suddenly give GameStop Steam keys for the game, though, given the out-of-left-field resurgence of Ghostbusters and Riddick. Oh, how nice that would be...

Do all retail keys for Prey activate on steam? Do any other format rather than
Code:
AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
actually exist?

Yes and no, respectively.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Found a retail copy of Top Gun. Plastered all over the box it says that Steam is required and it has a bunch of Steam logos and stuff. Opened it up and there is no CD key.

Gonna try to pop the disc in and install when I get home. Fingers crossed but my guess is it's not going to happen.

JaseC

Found a retail copy of Top Gun. Plastered all over the box it says that Steam is required and it has a bunch of Steam logos and stuff. Opened it up and there is no CD key.

Gonna try to pop the disc in and install when I get home. Fingers crossed but my guess is it's not going to happen.

Joe encountered the same thing and later found that the retail version is just the Steam version with any and all Steam functionality patched out, but if for some reason his copy is just buggered and it's supposed to act like NBA 2K9 (the installation process tethers the game to your account), then I'd love it if you could assist me there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Joe encountered the same thing and later found that the retail version is just the Steam version with any and all Steam functionality patched out, but if for some reason his copy is just buggered and the retail version is supposed to act like NBA 2K9 (the installation process tethers the game to your account), then I'd love it if you could assist me there.

I'll keep you posted. My local shop has 2-3 copies left.

Dr Dogg

After the end of another week and happily sat down the boozer on a Friday night with the usual rabble seeing that Ghostbusters is back on sale had my eyes widening, jump up, make my excuses and was running home as fast as my legs could carry me. Managed to "convince" my cousin to get me a copy and now I'm doing his head in for any news on a key.

What is Steam doing to me?

JaseC

I'll keep you posted. My local shop has 2-3 copies left.

Fantastic. Cheers. :)

After the end of another week and happily sat down the boozer on a Friday night with the usual rabble seeing that Ghostbusters is back on sale had my eyes widening, jump up, make my excuses and was running home as fast as my legs could carry me. Managed to "convince" my cousin to get me a copy and now I'm doing his head in for any news on a key.

What is Steam doing to me?

steamhoarder82c4u.jpg

RS4-

Someone remind me why Ghostbusters was good?

I faintly recall it being one of those games that are adapted from movies, that are actually good.

I haven't put much time into Chivalry since picking it up during summer sale, but the workshop stuff, nice.

I stopped playing when they gave everybody the ability to be exactly the same colour :|

But I'm looking forward to the expansion, can't deny it is a very fun game.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha. All I can here now is Ms Ronan chanting "One of us, one of us, one of..."

This is how it starts isn't it? You convince yourself "It's just one game but it's special because it's not available anymore". Then it leads to harder stuff like importing retail editions from far and wide, double dipping on RU and CIS subs. Next you know you're spending so much time checking the database that it's effecting your work. You end up getting the sack but the addiction is still there, you can't give in now. Before you know it you're offering to "rock peoples world" for Rayman 2.

Well I'm not going down the rabbit hole, no sir!
I'm already in too deep.

If all else fails, ask a UK GAFer to assist you as Amazon UK is selling the game for roughly 4 pounds shipped. You only need the key, after all.

If a local CEX store has any in stock, you can pick them up for 40p.

Edit: they used to have loads but it looks like the supply is drying up. Still a few kicking about though.

JaseC

How do we know thatGamestops top 10 is based on numbers of orders? Steam is based on total dollars, maybe Gamestop is as well.

Regardless of how the list is organised, I still think it's an impressive feat given how hard EA is pushing BF4 and its predecessor's CoDesque success.

Hahaha. All I can here now is Ms Ronan chanting "One of us, one of us, one of..."

This is how it starts isn't it? You convince yourself "It's just one game but it's special because it's not available anymore". Then it leads to harder stuff like importing retail editions from far and wide, double dipping on RU and CIS subs. Next you know you're spending so much time checking the database that it's effecting your work. You end up getting the sack but the addiction is still there, you can't give in now. Before you know it you're offering to "rock peoples world" for Rayman 2.

Well I'm not going down the rabbit hole, no sir!
I'm already in too deep.

Don't try to fight it. Let the warmth embrace you. ;)

jediyoshi

How do we know thatGamestops top 10 is based on numbers of orders? Steam is based on total dollars, maybe GameStop is as well.

Or maybe it's not.

Also, BF4 mania from a GameStop usually revolves around their physical, console version SKUs. They probably even care more about pushing current gen versions than the PC. More so, PC BF4 is available all over the place and with far better deals elsewhere, if anything this is a message to publishers about Steam in the specific instance that things get pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom