• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If a game is VAC banned from your library while being shared with someone else, do the actual owner of the game get banned from MP?

Yes. The Family Sharing FAQ explicitly states that VAC bans imposed while the account is being shared are also final -- "But it wasn't me!" won't save you.

def sim

im61xLGD86uNx.gif

origin > steam

Playing some of this and then reading the digital foundry thread is really giving me some perspective here.

Milamber

Yes. The Family Sharing FAQ explicitly states that VAC bans imposed while the account is being shared are also final -- "But it wasn't me!" won't save you.

*knocks on wood*

Guess I'll put up offline mode. But if they're playing some games I didn't play yet, I may go online just so they can farm achievements for me.

jesus fucking christ people born in 99 are 14 already HELP
And people born in 1994 are 19 already. ;)

Christ, I'm old.

Salsa

Playing some of this and then reading the digital foundry thread is really giving me some perspective here.

next gen consoles seem ridiculously disappointing, at least at launch.BF4 is 900p in one, 720p in another and neither can mantain 60fps.

boggles the mind

JaseC

Why isn't RISE OF NATIONS???

It'll probably show up on the store once it's sold off.

Where is Age of Mythology. Also I thought RoN was added to the DB. I need my RTS'. Toss in SC:BW and I'm in love.

RoN Gold has been collecting dust in the registry for years. 38 Studios/BHG owned the IP but the game's manual states that portions of it are owned by Microsoft, so I'd guess the two never agreed to distribution terms.

Grief.exe

If you contact Warner Brothers, they should send you a key.

I think they are trying to get in contact with Microsoft to get the key situation sorted out. Probably waiting for a reply.

Battle.net has its own client now? Saw that in the News section of the Diablo 3 launcher, re-installing it now just to see how much (or how little) the game has changed since launch and for when I buy Reaper of Souls.

JaseC

Damn, this just popped up in the registry and I thought it was the XIII that was removed from GOG

0dae5c1b68e94332bb8d03a0c8748e0450c47ad4.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/34420/

Anuman Interactive has the XIII licence these days. I'd be very surprised if Ubi's game ever comes back to anything ever.

Battle.net has its own client now? Saw that in the News section of the Diablo 3 launcher, re-installing it now just to see how much (or how little) the game has changed since launch and for when I buy Reaper of Souls.

Yeah, details leaked back in June.

Edit:
No one gives a fuck, go get a livejournal account.

How long until ModBot snaps?

dk_

My download section looks messed up for a week now using pixelvision and the Steam beta. Is that a known bug?

Just a universal launcher with all the information in one place.

Bluth54

Why isn't RISE OF NATIONS???

Rise of Nations Gold is in the Steam registry and it has been updated recently (2 months ago, and before that 6 months ago) however there are no signs that it's going to be released soon. There are probably legal issues that must be worked out with Big Huge Games going out of business. I'm guessing the state of Rhode Island owns the IP now like they do with Kingdoms of Amalur and are in the process of selling the rights/IP.

It's too bad, Rise of Nations is my favorite RTS and I would really love to own it on Steam.

deleted

Hey guys, I was thinking about playing Lego Marvel tonight with a friend, but it doesn't unlock in Europe till Nov. 15th. What is the best way to download and unlock it (what software do I need)? I use hola for firefox, but that wouldn't work with a steam download I guess.
If there is no easy way, I'd rather not spend the money and just wait till a sale.

Arthea

Can I talk more of you in playing King's Bounty games? Keep in mind these are almost eternal, bought one, you have what to play till death. Interested?

Is anyone dressing up for the Halloween sale? What are you going as?

Everlasting death of PC gaming!
I think I should go for iOS gaming death costume next year, but that might not end well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom