• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
Damn, the end of Ass Flags was pretty sweet if you played 3.

"full circle bitches" - Christopher Nolan, film auteur

Totally gonna purchase AssCreed 4 if it goes on sale for $30. I bought 3 for $40 last year and I just can't see myself paying that much for the next game after 3 was such a broken mess.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah I thought about that solution too, but I think I read that the point of a NAS is that it is constructed exactly for the task and better at it than a recycled PC.
Would be much cheaper though, a respectable Synology NAS costs an eye or two.

I just need a place to dump my Linux ISOs now that my system is beginning to burst at the seams, really.

Totally gonna purchase AssCreed 4 if it goes on sale for $30. I bought 3 for $40 last year and I just can't see myself paying that much for the next game after 3 was such a broken mess.

History suggests that it won't be discounted until the Winter Sale, and only to the order of 25%.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm of the opinion that the size of most of the areas in the game renders their uniqueness moot. It's nice that they're not of the cookie-cutter variety, but when I can reach the other end in 20 seconds or whatever and there isn't much to do, there's little to appreciate.

True they're pretty small. I think I've only been to 2 actual cities so far and only Havana felt like it was legitimately big.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
True they're pretty small. I think I've only been to 2 actual cities so far and only Havana felt like it was legitimately big.

Yeah, Havana was nice, however Nassau felt bit a small. I haven't reached any other similarly-sized areas yet.

Jawmuncher

Glad salsa is making the sale thread.
Last time he made it he actually went through the trouble of changing the image host so I could see it on my computer my other deployment last year.

MRORANGE

Remember wait for daily/flash deals...

might as well get it over with:

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

allmyfriendsaredeal3n1x.jpg

bE7wc.gif

ibn78JA7HQEqcm.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
29 min till my wallet gets raped. :(

cant wait

I'm going into this sale on the reserved side, there are only a few games I'm looking to get as my backlist needs attention before I spend too much again. Besides, Winter Sale is right around the corner!

Watch Gaben make me eat my words now.... o_O

okayfrog

Banned
Guys, it's my first sale where I already have most things I want. I promise I won't project that into this thread as "OMG STEAM SUX NOW GABEN FAILED US"

You say all this now, but come Monday you'll be looking at your library and thinking, "Why did I buy all this?"

denx

Shit I still haven't sorted out my wishlist.

But really, only things I really want from this sale are Dishonored GOTY, Fall of Cybertron (ACTIVISION PLS) and Civ 5 Brave New World. I can do without buying anything else
(right..)

fantomena

Fuck, is the Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Plus PC still 720p only? It's so blurry that it's hurting my performance. :(

I agreed. Was so dissapointed. Thanks god I boguht it for 4,99$ and not at full price.

Releasing a PC game in 2013 without 1090p support is awful.

fantomena

Gonna wait for a good sale on Deadly Premonition. Hoping for at least 33% off. Since it's a recently new release on Steam I won't have my hopes up.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't think we should be as obsessed telling people to wait for the daily deals.

It's time to sink or swim.

MRORANGE

I hope everyone bothered to login through the Steam website rather than the client, it's going to be murder for the first hour.

Plus it's easier to grab games from a browser than the janky client.

Dr Dogg

I hope everyone bothered to login through the Steam website rather than the client, it's going to be murder for the first hour.

Plus it's easier to grab games from a browser than the janky client.

Of course. How else would you get all that Enhanced Steam goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom