• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No to be a Doggie Downer but it's a bit debatable. For example last year there was only 6 daily deals on a rotational basis for Autumn whilst the Summer and Winter sales both had 12 with all 3 having rotating Flash Sales every 6 hours. 2011 they all followed the same format (12 dailies on rotation) and 2010 was The Great Treasure Hunt. So it's been the lower key sale in recent history though all Steam Sales are big in scope. But hey you never know Valve might mix it up again. Just over an hour to find out.

You're misremembering: the Summer Sale had nine Dailies whilst the Autumn and Winter Sales had six. I should have clarified that by "scope" I was referring to the breadth of the discounts: i.e. virtually everything is discounted and select titles are promoted further as Dailies/Flash Sales/Community's Choice items. This is in contrast to the Halloween Sale during which only titles that fit the theme are discounted and there are no special deals.

DukeBobby

Wait, Steam and GMG sales? I've also just bought a PS4 and a Vita, as well as a ton of Christmas presents.

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ, I'm going broke.

Li Kao

Ok so with the PS4 out of the way I'm back full force on PC. What are the deals these days ? I know about the Amazon ones, GMG and Steam.
Are there good bundles or sale elsewhere ?

Funny think btw is that now I have avoided spending 400 bucks in a console I'm strangely looking at an upgrade costing 800 or even building a NAS (and not even daring to think about the cost). Fuck me.

JaseC

I desperately need to put together a NAS system as space is getting low, I've used up all the HDD bays in my case, and I'm running out of things to delete.

Jusoni

Pac-man CE DX+ is just so nice. I suck at the old school pac-man, but got all the achievements in just an hour here. Perfect game for those short moments when there's nothing else to do. Well worth it for 5 bucks.

Dr Dogg

You're misremembering: the Summer Sale had nine Dailies whilst the Autumn and Winter Sales had six. I should have clarified that by "scope" I was referring to the breadth of the discounts: i.e. virtually everything is discounted and select titles are promoted further as Dailies/Flash Sales/Community's Choice items. This is in contrast to the Halloween Sale during which only titles that fit the theme are discounted and there are no special deals.

Oh of course D'oh. It because all the other added bells and whistles and having Dailies lasting 48 hours. Proves how much I pay attention when I own most of what I want. Time to crawl back in to my hole.

Richard III. A pretty well reviewed production of it so I can't wait! Also not seen the girl in a month, so it's a double whammy.

Hahaha. Well enjoy. Twice!

Tizoc

I can't seem to be able to log into Steam, error is telling me there's a heavy load?
It's happening.gif

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Considering how cynical you are towards the majority of games... this surprises me to be honest.

More so than Euro Truck Sim 2... that has to be a troll....

About your spoiler comment, the game is actually very, very good. I do not think he was trolling at all, as it's probably in my top three for GOTY as well. And I'm being completely serious.

Bought PacMan and Borderlands bundle from Amazon for cheap, I don't have much to wish form the Steam Sale... maybe umm... Skyrim for 10 bucks?

Isn't Pac-Man Museum supposed to launch on Dec.5th? It includes Championship, but not the DX+ version. Don't know how much different it is from the regular version.

* Pac-Man
* Super Pac-Man
* Pac & Pal
* Pac-Land
* Pac-Mania
* Pac-Attack
* Pac-Man Arrangement (from the PSP's Namco Museum Battle Collection, also titled "Pac-Man Remix")
* Pac-Man Battle Royale
* Pac-Man Championship Edition

Derrick01

Banned
Considering how cynical you are towards the majority of games... this surprises me to be honest.

More so than Euro Truck Sim 2... that has to be a troll....

Why, Origins is great and it's more arkham city to be honest. It does some things not quite as good but it does other things better than Rocksteady's games. Don't trust those bullshit reviews that bashed the 2nd open world game of the series for being more of the same then gave AC4 a 7-10 literally a week or two later.

edit: And Euro truck is legit. You need to play it to understand it.

AsylumX

If it was Teraway, have no regrets my friend.

I really really enjoyed what I played of it. Messing about with the landscape and platforming is just bliss on that game.

Reminded me I need to finish it up though. I'll get on that this weekend.

I've looked at this and I hear it's somewhat good but on the short side so it may not be worth it to you.

Is there 3d platforming in the lego games? I've only played the first 10 minutes or so of lego lotr. If so, those might give you more bang for your buck.

I heard good things about, there's an OT for it, but it's very inactive:

Check your PMs.

Thanks.

I'll give that thread a look...

FloatOn

Isn't Pac-Man Museum supposed to launch on Dec.5th? It includes Championship, but not the DX+ version. Don't know how much different it is from the regular version.

* Pac-Man
* Super Pac-Man
* Pac & Pal
* Pac-Land
* Pac-Mania
* Pac-Attack
* Pac-Man Arrangement (from the PSP's Namco Museum Battle Collection, also titled "Pac-Man Remix")
* Pac-Man Battle Royale
* Pac-Man Championship Edition

Pac-Man Battle Royale is the greatest thing. Day one.

Regular championship edition doesn't have the ghost conga lines

Dolor

I still can't believe Steam's recommendation system is so useless after all this time. "Here are games we recommend to you because they're on your wishlist!"

Duh, they're on my wishlist. I know about them.

It'd be really easy to write an algorithm to recommend games based on your review scores. I wonder if they will do that sometime.

JaseC

Drobo? Being able to increase the Steam partition on the fly would be great.

The problem I have with actual NAS solutions is the cost -- I've not explored every such avenue but from what I've gleaned it'd probably be cheaper to just put together a very barebones system for a few hundred bucks and add HDDs to it as necessary.

denx

oh man, can't believe he even signed that with his name, lol

Can you feel the tension in the air? The sale is approaching and my wallet isn't ready.

tumblr_lunt92GhbX1r6984go1_400.gif

JaseC

I hope the first AssCreed built with only next-gen systems in mind marks a return to large, sprawling cities. I'm enjoying Black Flag more than 3, but I'm starting to somewhat sour on the focus on the naval component -- give me multiple cities comparable in size to Brotherhood's Rome at the least.

Twinduct

You're in luck, because the email also said that whatever discount shows up on the Autumn sale will also show up in the Winter sale, meaning the games will cost the same on both sales (I wouldn't be surprised if a Daily Deal shows up on the Autumn but not on the Winter Sale, but it's highly unlikely, as the Winter Sale goes for like two weeks).

Man. My reading comprehension does suck :/
Thanks though, would be nice to use this sale to scout then

Yeah, regret nothing. Need to get on P4G once I've finished this playthrough of P3P. Started a playthrough of P3FES but forgot to save before turning off, so thought I may as well start again on my Vita. Got a PS2 Persona 4 waiting for me too, but thinking I'll just get Golden at this point.

Yeah I also had Persona 4 on my PS2, but never got around to actually playing it. P3P just didn't click for me.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope the first AssCreed built with only next-gen systems in mind marks a return to large, sprawling cities. I'm enjoying Black Flag more than 3, but I'm starting to somewhat sour on the focus on the naval component -- give me multiple cities comparable in size to Brotherhood's Rome at the least.

As small and insignificant as most of the areas I've seen in AC4 are I give them credit for at least designing them to look unique. I haven't seen a duplicate area at all yet. It's just too bad most areas have no purpose besides being a collectible dump.

chupon

Ever since Enslaved came to PC I'd love to double dip, but is it improved over consoles? I'll keep it on my watch list if it doesn't go cheaper during Steam Sales.

Ass Creed needs to return to the cities.
Image one on ancient Rome!

Jawmuncher

Ever since Enslaved came to PC I'd love to double dip, but is it improved over consoles? I'll keep it on my watch list if it doesn't go cheaper during Steam Sales.

9.99 on amazon.
I know for sure it's already fixed in 2 ways

Unreal Engine works better on PC thus none of the crap loading and that other nonsense the systems had. As well as a better framerate.

JaseC

As small and insignificant as most of the areas I've seen in AC4 are I give them credit for at least designing them to look unique. I haven't seen a duplicate area at all yet. It's just too bad most areas have no purpose besides being a collectible dump.

I'm of the opinion that the size of most of the areas in the game renders their uniqueness moot. It's nice that they're not of the cookie-cutter variety, but when I can reach the other end in 20 seconds or whatever and there isn't much to do, there's little to appreciate.

The_Monk

Is this thread going to be locked for the Sale-specific one fellow GAFfers? I wanted to quote my tiny/silly guide for the Autumn Sale since its not that offtopic/bad.

Li Kao

It's better ! Well not really, it's personal preferences and all that. Championship is lighter on content but a more traditional Pac-Man experience in my mind. While DX is really good the line between it and a light puzzler can be a little blurry.
Championship is you, ghosts, and paku paku ensues.

Dr Dogg

Oh FFS just as the witching hour is upon us I get a "sorry you have reached you bandwidth allowance for the month" email. Well this is going to be a fun 3 days.

I seriously am worrying about Watch_Dogs at the moment. Might have to temper my expectations until it's out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
30 mins til countdown

I'm still laughing at you guys for needing "approval" on games, some of which are questionable even.

chupon

9.99 on amazon.
I know for sure it's already fixed in 2 ways

Unreal Engine works better on PC thus none of the crap loading and that other nonsense the systems had. As well as a better framerate.

Ah yea I guess I should have said I was referring to the Amazon sale haha.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on it.

Li Kao

The problem I have with actual NAS solutions is the cost -- I've not explored every such avenue but from what I've gleaned it'd probably be cheaper to just put together a very barebones system for a few hundred bucks and add HDDs to it as necessary.

Yeah I thought about that solution too, but I think I read that the point of a NAS is that it is constructed exactly for the task and better at it than a recycled PC.
Would be much cheaper though, a respectable Synology NAS costs an eye or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom