• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no sadness in the Steam-thread, here:

:)

161965_190395021066711_694457598_n.jpg

<20 games to go to reach 1000. My e-peen is strong =). This sale might be the one. Hoping for cheap Deadpool, Grid 2, Remember Me, Black Ops 2, Trials, Mars: War Logs, Castle of Illusion, Duck Tales & Naruto.

rezn0r

<20 games to go to reach 1000. My e-peen is strong =). This sale might be the one. Hoping for cheap Deadpool, Grid 2, Remember Me, Black Ops 2, Trials, Mars: War Logs, Castle of Illusion, Duck Tales & Naruto.

i'm 100 behind you! let's kick some ass this holiday season. thanks for reminding me of mickey & duck tales!

Dr Dogg

Will someone post the great Indie thread? I got a ton of great games from there over the summer.

I'm sure Toma will create a thread to highlight the Indie gems. Though the Autumn sale is usually the most low key sale so don't know about the quantity and deepness of the discounts will be. Guaranteed for Crimbo though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Something I've been wondering lately - do the bundles with Greenlight games in them update to give full Steam keys once the games are passed? I mean I guess I assume yes but I didn't know.

It's up to the developer but they usually do.

Hasney

I got paid today, which is the greatest of timings.

However, going away tomorrow and had a hotel and theatre tickets to buy, so I'm going to be ruthless in my spending...

I almost made it through that with a straight face.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sure Toma will create a thread to highlight the Indie gems. Though the Autumn sale is usually the most low key sale so don't know about the quantity and deepness of the discounts will be. Guaranteed for Crimbo though.

The Autumn Sale is shorter than the Summer and Winter Sales, but it's identical in terms of scope.

Really? :<
Does it really start today? :<
But that leaked mail thing showed it starting next week!

I spent my budget on a damn Vita game!

You're thinking of the final day (December 2nd).

kulapik

So... I run Fist Puncher for the first time, get a trading card. I go check and in the market there are 4 of them and the cheapest is 0.74€ (no foil). Now the game dropped another card. It's the same one. Lucky day I guess?

AsylumX

Quick question before the sale starts. Is this game really that good? I'm looking for a 3D platformer and I heard that this game is good but I just can't see that goodness. I'm willing to take a leap of faith but i need a little push... (I'm on a tight budget during this sale but on winter things will change...)

Hasney

Really? :<
Does it really start today? :<
But that leaked mail thing showed it starting next week!

I spent my budget on a damn Vita game!

If it was Teraway, have no regrets my friend.

Quick question before the sale starts. Is this game really that good? I'm looking for a 3D platformer and I heard that this game is good but I just can see that goodness. I'm willing to take a leap of faith but i need a little push... (I'm on a tight budget during this sale but on winter things will change...)

I really really enjoyed what I played of it. Messing about with the landscape and platforming is just bliss on that game.

Reminded me I need to finish it up though. I'll get on that this weekend.

Dr Dogg

Maybe for the best then, saved money is ok.

Well the beauty is you never know what might crop up with Indie discounts. All them $3-4/£1-2/€2-3 purchases soon add up

I got paid today, which is the greatest of timings.

However, going away tomorrow and had a hotel and theatre tickets to buy, so I'm going to be ruthless in my spending...

I almost made it through that with a straight face.

That's almost begging for an avatar quote. Plus I'm half tempted to ask what you're off to see. Must... Resist

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So... I run Fist Puncher for the first time, get a trading card. I go check and in the market there are 4 of them and the cheapest is 0.74€ (no foil). Now the game dropped another card. It's the same one. Lucky day I guess?

Hella lucky.

Twinduct

Well this kinda sucks. I'm usually ready every sale.
Might try and go on a blackout as to not have to deal with the disappointment.

@Hasney: It was, but also got P4G.

FloatOn

Quick question before the sale starts. Is this game really that good? I'm looking for a 3D platformer and I heard that this game is good but I just can see that goodness. I'm willing to take a leap of faith but i need a little push... (I'm on a tight budget during this sale but on winter things will change...)

I've looked at this and I hear it's somewhat good but on the short side so it may not be worth it to you.

Is there 3d platforming in the lego games? I've only played the first 10 minutes or so of lego lotr. If so, those might give you more bang for your buck.

I still can't believe Steam's recommendation system is so useless after all this time. "Here are games we recommend to you because they're on your wishlist!"

Duh, they're on my wishlist. I know about them.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well this kinda sucks. I'm usually ready every sale.
Might try and go on a blackout as to not have to deal with the disappointment.

You're in luck, because the email also said that whatever discount shows up on the Autumn sale will also show up in the Winter sale, meaning the games will cost the same on both sales (I wouldn't be surprised if a Daily Deal shows up on the Autumn but not on the Winter Sale, but it's highly unlikely, as the Winter Sale goes for like two weeks).

Hasney

That's almost begging for an avatar quote. Plus I'm half tempted to ask what you're off to see. Must... Resist

Richard III. A pretty well reviewed production of it so I can't wait! Also not seen the girl in a month, so it's a double whammy.

Yeah, regret nothing. Need to get on P4G once I've finished this playthrough of P3P. Started a playthrough of P3FES but forgot to save before turning off, so thought I may as well start again on my Vita. Got a PS2 Persona 4 waiting for me too, but thinking I'll just get Golden at this point.

MRORANGE

Quick question before the sale starts. Is this game really that good? I'm looking for a 3D platformer and I heard that this game is good but I just can't see that goodness. I'm willing to take a leap of faith but i need a little push... (I'm on a tight budget during this sale but on winter things will change...)

I heard good things about, there's an OT for it, but it's very inactive:

Check your PMs.

I am really hoping Steam sale has some type of meta game it makes the sale much more fun, and I spend more money so it is good for them. Come on GABE!

Dr Dogg

The Autumn Sale is shorter than the Summer and Winter Sales, but it's identical in terms of scope.

No to be a Doggie Downer but it's a bit debatable. For example last year there was only 6 daily deals on a rotational basis for Autumn whilst the Summer and Winter sales both had 12 with all 3 having rotating Flash Sales every 6 hours. 2011 they all followed the same format (12 dailies on rotation) and 2010 was The Great Treasure Hunt. So it's been the lower key sale in recent history though all Steam Sales are big in scope. But hey you never know Valve might mix it up again. Just over an hour to find out.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Great, one title I'll happily get now that I've forgotten all of the stages and patterns from the last time I played it.

Yes. Buy this now even if the last time you cared about Pac-Man was 1986.

I've never actually liked Pac-Man games, the traditional ones before the Championship Edition line. Normal Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, etc I could only play for a few minutes at most before I grew utterly bored.
Pac-Man Championship Edition on the other hand, and DX by extension, was something I easily and gleefully dived into because it's not just survival and maze aspect, but almost a puzzle discovering the best path, tactics, moments to eat a ghost or not, and so forth with perhaps the most satisfying sense of reward when you eat a a dozens of ghosts in one long chain.
High score competition with a friend also made it a must play every day.

It's worth trying out at least even if past Pac-Man maze games have left someone underwhelmed or bored. There is a demo to try it out.

So which is better, Pac-Man championship or Galaga championship?

Pac-Man Championship easily. It's a wonderful look at a classic series and a new direction and spin on it, while still honouring and maintaing a lot of the solid mechanics and style that made it one of the biggest gaming lines during it's peak period.

Galaga Championship is style over substance. Fun can still be had, but it just falls flat with how it tried to "evolve" as a franchise and catch this style of retro revival. You are better served playing one of the many other Galaga games.
If you do want a retro style revival of a shoot-em-up that does improvements to the core, I recommend finding Space Invaders Extreme on DS, PSP, or XBLA.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is $19.99. I'm tempted.

It's a 3D geometry platformer right out of the 90s made with modern graphics and sensibilities. Very easy, very "hey kids, have a new power up", and very much a title that few will ever replay again. Wait for it to be cheaper.

If anyone cares for a good game, I made the Tiny Brains PS4/PC OT.

Pretty excited for this one and there's even a nice 30% pre-order discount on Steam.

Congrats on getting a game out. I was just asking about suggestions for co-op puzzles a while back and this looks like it will fit my needs quite well.

What ever happened to that tokusatsu studio sim game

Still being made, currently in beta. http://www.chromasquad.com/

I haven't decided the order of my list yet. I'm getting kind of worried because I only have 5 games listed and while I didn't think this year was nearly as bad as 2010-2012 I had about 8 games on each of those years around this time. So I'm relying on the 3DS lineup to save things. There's nothing I really want that bad from the Steam sale either and I seriously doubt Splinter Cell will be good.

The games I have on my list, in no order right now, are

Last of Us
GTA
State of Decay
Batman Origins
Euro Truck Sim 2

Considering how cynical you are towards the majority of games... this surprises me to be honest.

More so than Euro Truck Sim 2... that has to be a troll....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom