• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet thanks :)

Pleasure :).

Hmm. Does ModBot need to be pointed back at this thread as the "active" one now that the sale thread's been shut down? I'm wondering if that's why it's not updating giveaway posts with the winners' names now.

Good to see you around again, Woo! Seems like you went quiet during the Steam sale (either that, or I missed your posts at the speed the thread was moving >.> )

Either that or ModBot is very busy and/or doing his Christmas Shopping?

Thanks :) good to be back to normal. I barely posted in the Sale thread as I wasn't enthused for it at all and there was just so much of it. There's only so many hours in a day you know? The normal thread can be a bad enough time sink but the Sale threads are smh worthy.

Grief.exe

DayZ Standalone seems to be coming alone fairly soon. They were updating the registry entry this morning and there were 40+ players playing the game for over 2 hours straight.

Then Dean tweeted this

GhZ7C27.png

I bought AudioSurf, and played it. I had so much fun with the game using my soundtracks. I'm glad that I got the chance to get the game in $0.99.

Oh god noob mistake. I forgot to add any restrictions to my giveaway. Is it possible to change the format of the giveaway once you've already gotten the PM from Modbot?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Surely an option controlling whether or not Steam continues downloads upon loading up a game can't be far off now that we're able to ignore detected updates.

Divius

Surely an option controlling whether or not Steam continues downloads upon loading up a game can't be far off now that we're able to ignore detected updates.
Yeah I actually thought there already was, that's why I asked. Also explains why I could not find the option/setting :lol

Humble fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magika Plus DLC -- MB-FEE9A415D8E91BA3 taken

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh god noob mistake. I forgot to add any restrictions to my giveaway. Is it possible to change the format of the giveaway once you've already gotten the PM from Modbot?

For future reference if you create a giveaway and never bother to post it, you can make a new giveaway without nuking the keys. You only need to nuke if any of the keys are marked taken or if someone else is reposting a key originally posted by a different user.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I already had Magicka and redeemed "Magicka + DLC". I thought I shat the bed somehow when Dungeons & Demons and Vietnam weren't painted green on the DLC page, only to remember that's an Enhanced Steam feature and I was on the client at the moment. Crisis averted.

My mom's got one that does the same thing all the time when I'm at her place. She's rounder than the she is long, though, so it's probably involuntary ;)

LOL nothing that putting your face in its belly and nuzzling wouldn't improve! :) [I like to do this with Lord Henry before I get up in the morning. Lord Henry is our big ginger tom who sometimes gets an avatar look in :p ]

William is a great name for a cat. Named after William of Orange, I hope.

Please rub his belly.

I don't know; I'll have to ask my partner who named him.

He said it was so both our boys would be named like the English Princes though so I'm afraid Willy of Orange is probably out of luck.

Sorry, he's moved posture now. Next time I do I'll say it was from Uncle cicero, okay?

Speaking of FTL, did you seen Galactic Princess?

Hm....I shall be following this one's progress with great interest.

*lawsuit from Lucas Disney in 3, 2, 1...*

Post-sale whatever thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for C00kie M0nster:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka & 2 DLC -- MB-656E75C082CDDDF0
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-2967D9424DBCD213
taken

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-6FA606143506B098
Garry's Mod -- MB-E66E7B1B95363834
Magicka -- MB-9E3DA9E2FA1A3BD9
taken

t1386102071z1.png

Good luck all.

MKUltra

I've won more than my fair share of giveaways in the past so here's a spare copy of Toki Tori I have, thanks for all the awesome giveaways!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori -- MB-DDF47426F0983FE9 - Taken by epaturun. 5 entrants total.

t1386111701z1.png

Did anyone else buy the Humble Weekly Shooters Bundle? It came with three stream keys. One for Duke Megaton and shadow warrior classic, a second for serious Sam hd, the first encounter, and a final key for serious hd the second encounter.

My issue here is, I redeemed the code for serious Sam hd the first encounter, and it gave me both the first and second encounter hd games. What's the code for the second encounter hd gonna offer?

Mairu

Anyone know from the Steam DB what games might be added to the Humble Jumbo Bundle (or is this not possible anymore with the new way they do the bundles)?

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Natural Selection 2 -- MB-851FB60447E30DEF taken

t1386102431z1.png

And no I did not buy NS2 during the Steam Sale.
Ok I did

Thanks to people for helping me during by giveaway blunders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom