• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I can't believe I'm doing this but here you go Jase

Homefront

FEAR 2

Metro Last Light

Dead Island

Risen 2

Roughly looking at it these are all Japanese retail copies (haven't checked the ISSN but you can look up the ASIN numbers in the normal database and it should give you an idea) and all appear to be sold by amazon directly.

Shipping to you is 800Y plus 400Y per item and then what ever customs charges you would incur.

I feel like I'm enabling an addict.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm currently trying to persuade my friends to buy the new Humble Bundle, so we can all play Natural Selection 2 together. I haven't had the game for long, but I played it for about it an hour this morning and I had fun with it

Tellaerin

I just keep thinking of the poor guy who kept asking if Garry's Mod would ever drop below 75% off, and everyone telling him no, that's the cheapest it's going to get. :(

jediyoshi

Most consistent naming scheme for DLC's ever
NcpxjOl.png

At least that's hidden in DLC menus

htBv4ua.png

Garry's mod is mostly just a creation tool right?

Not in the way that Minecraft is. A lot of multiplayer servers use the game's builtin game modes that just rely on building mechanics.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Natural Selection 2 -- MB-7B623C41CE0077E5
Magicka -- MB-AF6D23D243698178
Sanctum 2 -- MB-E68433E1C3DF31D3
taken

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Careful with that Magicka, I've been trying for months just to boot it for trading cards but it doesn't even launch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amazon.co.jp and be prepared to pay through the arse for shipping and tax. Though you might be alright seeing as it's relatively close.

Yeah, Amazon came to mind, but from a cursory glance it seems all the JP SKUs are ~$30+. I'll have to wait until next year.

Edit: Haha, thanks for the list! I'll bookmark your post for future reference.

Edit edit: The FEAR 2 you've linked to is the "import version". This seems to be the JP version and it's ~$40.

Lingitiz

Picked up EU4 last night and holy shit it's so overwhelming but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I can see why people get deep into these games, there's so much stuff happening.

Card Boy

Banned
Clocked Guacamelee, excellent game and it is a proper Metroidvania unlike most of the games on Steam that claim to be. I will say the ending was shit, basically a 10 sec cutscene and a Nintendo style congratulation screen, It literally says it without an s on the end which is a throwback to ghostbusters (The game is full of video game references). Alternate ending isn't much better.

Amazing game though outside the ending, 5 out of 5. Would love to see a sequel.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, Amazon came to mind, but from a cursory glance it seems all the JP SKUs are ~$30+. I'll have to wait until next year.

Edit: Haha, thanks for the list! I'll bookmark your post for future reference.

Edit edit: The FEAR 2 you've linked to is the "import version". This seems to be the JP version and it's ~$40.

Yeah that's the only FEAR 2 I could find and as you can see it's got a lovely GFW logo on the top. Bizarre that another came up for you but as with the Mafia II deal it seams you've got the touch. I need to play Shadow Warrior after that.

Newblade

New humble bundle, new mandatory giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Newblade:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-E43D8A43CDBC8A66
Magicka -- MB-687F501A7FE44725
taken

Tellaerin

I just keep thinking of the poor guy who kept asking if Garry's Mod would ever drop below 75% off, and everyone telling him no, that's the cheapest it's going to get. :(

And speaking of which...

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Garry's Mod -- MB-98483757F6B75AB6 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 17 entrants total.

t1386110081z1.png

JaseC

Yeah that's the only FEAR 2 I could find and as you can see it's got a lovely GFW logo on the top. Bizarre that another came up for you but as with the Mafia II deal it seams you've got the touch. I need to play Shadow Warrior after that.

Everybody talking about Shadow Warrior is making me want to join in on the fun, but if I start now I'll just put it down later to go back to Black Flag and then forget all about it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks for Magicka Intheflorsh.

Bit confused when I got two ModBot PMs and I'm curious as to why the games taken aren't being striked out, but I'm glad the return to our normal thread is still terrorised/supervised/assisted by him.

Need a bit of help. Want to do a giveaway with one of the games I got from the humble bundle but I'm not sure how to view the key. Upon buying the bundle I created a gift for the game I wanted to giveaway and it gave me a gift link. But I'm assuming for modbot that I need to give the CD key? So how do I view the key of the gifted game?

Turfster

Need a bit of help. Want to do a giveaway with one of the games I got from the humble bundle but I'm not sure how to view the key. Upon buying the bundle I created a gift for the game I wanted to giveaway and it gave me a gift link. But I'm assuming for modbot that I need to give the CD key? So how do I view the key of the gifted game?

You just send modbot the url for the gift.

LOL William [my avatar] is in almost that precise posture just beside me :D.

Rub the belly, human.

JaseC

You can just use the gift URL as a "key" with ModBot.

Edit: Beaten.

Either the key or the link works with ModBot.

Easiest way is to right click copy the link to clipboard.

Tellaerin

Hmm. Does ModBot need to be pointed back at this thread as the "active" one now that the sale thread's been shut down? I'm wondering if that's why it's not updating giveaway posts with the winners' names now.

LOL William [my avatar] is in almost that precise posture just beside me :D.

Good to see you around again, Woo! Seems like you went quiet during the Steam sale (either that, or I missed your posts at the speed the thread was moving >.> )

Kanokare

I wonder what the BTA bonus games will be for the Jumble Bundle. I'm guessing something like Sanctum 1, Orcs Must Die 1, and maybe Serious Sam 1+2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom