• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installing Far Cry 3.

iPcTZt2OctjI6.PNG

"The horror! The horror!”

At least the client doesn't look as dull as steam ; )

PriitV

Installing Far Cry 3.

"The horror! The horror!”
I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually quite like uPlay now, after a few years. Ubisoft has done good, and them selling games with steam keys on amazon.. wow ubisoft, I actually want to buy your games now after the always-on-gate.

Hesemonni

Banned
It's something atleast :/

ModBot said:
.Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-4259EBD0E3F8E29B taken

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
You could get it for Steam from the sale or Amazon so cheap, though! :(
That's the Steam version. :p

I actually don't mind Uplay, but since I never played anything with it on this computer the update is taking a while.

Tellaerin

Sweet found it in the Modbot tutorial. Thanks again. Just curiously will I get a PM from Modbot saying that the key has been nuked?

No, there's no confirmation PM when nuking a key. I think it's mentioned in the docs... *checks*

You will not receive a response or feedback, and the original post will not be edited to reflect that your claim has been relinquished, but the key will be removed from ModBot.

Yeah, that was it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until someone can prove me wrong: at least Ubisoft has the decency to sell me games where I want to buy them. For that reason alone, uPlay will always be less offensive than Origin.

I knew there was a reason I downloaded Just Cause 2 again. Single player was fun, but the videos I've seen of the multiplayer shows me where the real meat of the fun is. Why it never had an official multiplayer mode is baffling. There's so much fun to be had.

Derrick01

Banned
I prefer uPlay to the Rockstar Social Club.

Nothing was more fun during GTA 5's launch then not being able to take and upload screenshots or use the stock market because their garbage service was down for the better part of the first week.

What's worse? There are several missions that require you to use the screenshot and stock market functions. Good times.

denx

I still have 21 Steambucks left in my account. I think I'll just go and waste it on
hookers
cards and get to level 20 already.

JakeD

getting max payne 3 to function is still hands down the most frustrating PC gaming experience i've ever had. ill take uplays relatively painless updates over that anyday

Shepard

Didnt know that a new HB was online :eek:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-FBE2966BD4BC2C2B taken

Deadbeat

Banned
I still have 21 Steambucks left in my account. I think I'll just go and waste it on
hookers
Wait you can buy
hookers
? Here I am wasting my steam money on stupid games Ill never play.

hookers

It's not going to be too long until the Christmas sale starts so you might as well just keep the money in your account and, hopefully, something you can remove those funds with will appear.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's not going to be too long until the Christmas sale starts so you might as well just keep the money in your account and, hopefully, something you can remove those funds with will appear.

Or donate steam games to the poor (moi)
KuGsj.gif

I shall honestly consider making a category for games I should play first and clean that backlog. 160 games and only beaten like 4.

Didnt know that a new HB was online :eek:

I've tried to enter for it but it doesnt seem to update as taken. Modbot glitch?

Extra humble keys

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-E4FF17D297A01AB4
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-53B10DC8F2B8FB97
Garry's Mod -- MB-939E4A2F0474EE0B - Taken by Kirosia

Phinor

Time to give this a try, couple of random keys and Steam gifts in case someone wants any of these:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Football Manager 2012 -- MB-E067D6B60185C42A - Taken by Aitor. 28 entrants total.
The Ship -- MB-D7BC36D75F16E1B9 - Taken by WhiskeyDiver. 2 entrants total.
Shadowgrounds -- MB-3AD6179F845BC284 - Taken by C4rter. 7 entrants total.
Portal -- MB-3751E15C509C9CF0 - Taken by Kirosia. 6 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-8C5B5006ABD86528 - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-53FB79542FA11E2D - Taken by Kerub. 5 entrants total.

t1386113726z1.png

Kerub

Banned
Hm, is the first Tomb Raider considered playable nowadays? With a 360 controller?

I'm thinking about trying it since it's dirt cheap.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it just me or was the Mafia II DLC discounted earlier when it was 50% off and now they're not discounted at all?

Oh, good, so I wasn't imagining things earlier, haha. Hopefully the DLC is discounted at some point before the sale ends.

nexen

Looking at Indie Gala: Is there even a little of fun to be had with Clive Barker's Jericho?

I liked Jericho a lot. Played it to completion on x360.

It is a bit janky, and it has some of the worst QTEs I've ever encountered, but the core gameplay idea is solid and the plot is actually interesting even if the characters are far too cartoonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom