• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uplay is like the MRSA version of Gonorrhea. It's pretty much impossible to get rid of when you got games on its service that one plays.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/111100 And somehow I ended up getting this game. I don't remember how or why. I must have had a bit too much of the sauce and saw a really bad impulse purchase.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hm, is the first Tomb Raider considered playable nowadays? With a 360 controller?

I'm thinking about trying it since it's dirt cheap.

It lacks native controller support of course, but you can get around that with the likes of Joy2Key.

Arthea

Anyone knows which DLC is part of the magicka + dlc from humble jumbo bundle?

dungeons and daemons and Vietnam I think, not sure which ones I had before.

Also I kindly remind you people that for me (and not only for me) Magicka don't work on win8. It does load but not quite work.

On related news, I wish someone told me that Rome TW doesn't work on win8 either. Then again I didn't ask, good I got it cheap.

So Just Cause Multy is getting developer's support? Like they're gonna provide servers etc.?

Had the chance to play it a few months ago and it was insane, I mean look at that:

CEC0CF5C1CECDDD993B97E4E64F8024C84F226F2

Lag was huge though, I'm curious to see how it will fare outside beta.

Dr Dogg

Can I buy DLC for a game as a gift the same way I would a game?

Pretty much yeah. Just add it to your cart and then select "Purchase as a Gift". Also can be used that way to buy dlc you don't own the base game for and just select the gift to be sent via email and put in your own email address.

Hesemonni

Banned
I liked Jericho a lot. Played it to completion on x360.

It is a bit janky, and it has some of the worst QTEs I've ever encountered, but the core gameplay idea is solid and the plot is actually interesting even if the characters are far too cartoonish.
one does not simply buy Jericho for fun
:( it doesn't sound as good as "one does not simply walk into Mordor", but i tried
Bought. Thanks guys!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ahhh crumbs, modbot needs to be moved back to this thread. totally forgot :/

ModBot should be attached to this thread again, sorry for the inconvenience (most of the above games are taken

PriitV

You can now earn drops for free games by buying the dlc.
Source: I got one dungeonland drop left and steams claims that I earned it by "buying a dlc"
AtwXj5a.png

JaseC

Source: I got one dungeonland drop left and steams claims that I earned it by "buying a dlc"
AtwXj5a.png

It's ridiculous that those who bought Dungeonland prior to it going F2P only get one drop. Like TF2, such users should receive the full amount -- 4 in this case.

It really reeks when I get 3 of the same cards in a game. I literally got 3 The RainCoat Killer (Trading Card) cards, and 2 Henry cards.

Which speaking of that, what do you do with trading card versions of cards?

JaseC

It really reeks when I get 3 of the same cards in a game. I literally got 3 The RainCoat Killer (Trading Card) cards, and 2 Henry cards.

Which speaking of that, what do you do with trading card versions of cards?

That's just a naming error -- they're not special in any way.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay yeah everything is updated to be marked as taken and I pointed modbot back here. Sorry about that. Normally the person making the new thread updates modbot to point to it, but... well... there's no new thread. Whoopsie! It shouldn't affect any of the pending 3 hour giveaways or anything.

I'll have to experiment with activating some of the DLC from one of the recent Humble bundles. I think that Batman vigilante game has cards.

Arthea

What's this game? I don't recall buying any DLC for it and have a drop too!

If I remember correctly if you got a game from bundle it came with dlc, I can't remember which bundle that was though

edited:

It's a paid game gone F2P. You "bought" the Collection if you owned it prior to the change.

Well it seems I'm wrong. Thanks Jasec for clearing that up

Sullichin

Only sale game I've played so far is Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Really fun game. I realized after I bought it that it was developed by Techland. The only game I've played by them was Dead Island which I thought was pretty bad. Well, I'm glad I didn't pay attention because I might not have bought it otherwise. If you're looking for an arcadey shooter you can pick up and play in small bursts, it's a good choice. I'm not a huge fan of the dueling mechanic though. I think I'm on chapter 8, assuming I'm near the end of the game. Excited to play Shadow Warrior next. Lots of great FPSs this year.

C4rter

I'm new here but very interested in trying the ModBot with two games from the current Humble Bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-EFEA2D0099EE92A1 - Taken by Anteater
Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-BC0A0722F0ACC7C7 - Taken by Vazduh

derExperte

Delayed midweek madness!

DARK http://store.steampowered.com/app/225360/

YAY

Plus a client update.

A new Steam Client update has been released and will be automatically downloaded. The specific changes are listed below.

General
Add ability to limit what time of day Steam is allowed to automatically update apps
Add option to let other games download while a game is running (this is a per-game setting)
Add download regions for Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Ottawa in Canada
Add 'Copy all text to clipboard' context menu option in the System Information dialog.
Update group announcement notifications to link directly to the announcement instead of the group overview page
Delay the download of Steam client updates until there are no games running
On game launch, if there is an update available but we haven't started downloading it yet, ask the user if they want to launch the existing bits or wait for the update.
Improved download rates for users with high throughput but high latency connections
Improved retry behavior when connecting to Steam servers
Improved download rates for internal app meta data
Improved in-game overlay compatibility for some DX10/11 games on Windows 8.1
Fixed the "Allow Steam Community in-game" checkbox getting incorrectly cleared
Fixed the "unread chat messages" action in the inbox opening chat windows with duplicate messages
Fixed hang on start-up if you had a problem connecting to the update server
Fixed cloud sync error when re-launching game right after game exited
Fixed base game being uninstalled in some cases if user hits 'Cancel' while installing additional DLC
Fixed Auto-Cloud for files larger than 100MB
Changed overlay xinput filtering to continue to filter for briefly on close so a button press that closes the overlay is not also seen by games

Big Picture
Added ability to opt into game betas and edit launch options
Added Inbox item under Linux if your machine requires a reboot due to OS level updates
Allow use of the up and down arrows on the Store description dialog
Fixed infinite loop of Cloud sync error dialogs on game launch
Fixed mouse cursor being visible during startup animation even if it hadn't moved
Fixed some rare cases where a panel would draw stale content after a styles transition completed
Fixed loop in the UI if you navigated from an IM to the web, hit the Steam button to go back and then hit Done in the footer
Fixed password cap locks label not hiding when there was input in the password box
Fixed check for updates button not hiding in the case you had an update ready to restart into
Enabled key repeat on game controller controller buttons
Fixed the "open link in new tab" menu popping into the web browser context menu
Have the web browser select all text when editing the url entry and place the caret at the end of the selection
Don't allow text selection on labels created by the dropdown control
Fixed All Games dropdown not showing custom categories correctly when selected
Fixed being able to restart Steam for an update before login

Linux
Fix paste pasting stale text.
Fix Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V in client-hosted web page text controls.
Fix incorrect foregrounding of a blank window in some -silent startup cases.
Fixed corrupt check box and radio button images on web pages
Fixed game controller hot-plugging not working
Fix runtime bootstrap rewriting so that if this process interrupted, steam is not left in an inconsistent non-startable state.
Fixed crash on linux if /proc/net/route isn't available
Fixed missing cursor in Akaneiro when using the overlay
Fixed Steam failing to re-launch on shutdown if some open sockets took too long to close
The overlay now saves and restores the games gamma settings when invoked
Fixed overlay not displaying in some runtime configurations

Mac OS X
Show the correct error if we're out of disk space during an update

Aaaand Two Brothers. http://store.steampowered.com/app/259760/

mrgone

LOL nothing that putting your face in its belly and nuzzling wouldn't improve! :) [I like to do this with Lord Henry before I get up in the morning. Lord Henry is our big ginger tom who sometimes gets an avatar look in :p ]

I don't know; I'll have to ask my partner who named him.

He said it was so both our boys would be named like the English Princes though so I'm afraid Willy of Orange is probably out of luck.

Sorry, he's moved posture now. Next time I do I'll say it was from Uncle cicero, okay?

Hm....I shall be following this one's progress with great interest.

*lawsuit from Lucas Disney in 3, 2, 1...*

Fat cat belly raspberries are the best. Well, minus the hair :) Totally worth it.

And the royal titles are highly adorable and appropriate for those little hedonistic autocrats :)

Diedac

Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-7AAAAEF1E5BEAE54 - Taken by jediyoshi. 6 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-5DA65452BE968509 - Taken by Colin.. 19 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-EA05B09E8750A5E4 - Taken by DeadlyVirus. 3 entrants total.

t1386116021z1.png

Okay yeah everything is updated to be marked as taken and I pointed modbot back here. Sorry about that. Normally the person making the new thread updates modbot to point to it, but... well... there's no new thread. Whoopsie! It shouldn't affect any of the pending 3 hour giveaways or anything.

Just curious, the person sends a PM to Modbot with the thread link or something like that?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man why I didnt organized my steam before. Basically I made categoies for games Cleared , Games To Beat and My Games *which basically will be the backlog*
Games To Beat will have 10 games that I will need to beat in order to move to other games. I finish 1 game I add another basically.

Top 10 to Beat Currently are:
  • Dust: An Elysian Tale
  • Evoland
  • Half Minute Hero ( I think Im near the end with it lol)
  • Metro 2033
  • Metro Last Light
  • Ms. Explosion Man
  • Mutant Mudds Deluxe
  • Outlast
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Valdis Story

I like the variety there.

Already had Magicka and the Vietnam expansion, so it wasn't worth applying this key to my account just for the D&D expansion.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Magicka plus DLC -- MB-4E490B7412A2010F - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Echoplx

Clearing out some leftovers

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-82C4316EAAA7A739 - Taken by webrunner
Worms Pinball -- MB-77C5D9DD44161ACE - Taken by Sullichin
Worms Ultimate Mayhem -- MB-53D337D32B805039 - Taken by MKUltra
Worms Blast -- MB-9D7B9E9800E57D38 - Taken by neoism
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-28238E09B2070BEE - Taken by Berto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom