• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh crumbs, modbot needs to be moved back to this thread. totally forgot :/

ModBot should be attached to this thread again, sorry for the inconvenience (most of the above games are taken

Well it was mentioned earlier....

I called it! >.>

See?!

Does this mean that you don't read every single post in these threads?! :eek:

You need to create a bot for that!

Okay yeah everything is updated to be marked as taken and I pointed modbot back here. Sorry about that. Normally the person making the new thread updates modbot to point to it, but... well... there's no new thread. Whoopsie! It shouldn't affect any of the pending 3 hour giveaways or anything.

..or that :).

Fat cat belly raspberries are the best. Well, minus the hair :) Totally worth it.

And the royal titles are highly adorable and appropriate for those little hedonistic autocrats :)

:D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
http://store.steampowered.com/app/259080
header_292x136.jpg

Wow, a mod for not half-life on steam :O

Ohhh yessss. The team for JC2 MP is amazing. One of the best mods ever.

ngt

Is it safe to log in to this site with your Steam info?

You can log on using your Steam id anywhere as you are being redirected to the steamcommunity.com page (of course you need to be sure it's legit) and Steam never passes your details anywhere.

Have fun!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Dio Brando:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-CE645BB61E36AC27 - Taken by maneil99. 6 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-26549C7E67A5E6F5 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 13 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-1D1563DDD958CF9B - Taken by adaen. 2 entrants total.

t1386106887z1.png

You can now earn drops for free games by buying the dlc.
Source: I got one dungeonland drop left and steams claims that I earned it by "buying a dlc"
AtwXj5a.png

I wish there was an explanation for how you're supposed to get Planetside 2 cards. It's not like you can buy DLC for the game, so is it actually tied to the Sony Station points purchases somehow? Or can I use my existing balance to buy a bunch of weapons and have that count towards the card limits?

denx

So I just blew 5 dollars on cards.

Welp

But I got to level 20 though, so no card buying for me for a while.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just a follow-up to this: I had to restart the client about 20 times (not an exaggeration) and each time it would do a tiny update. After the last try it asked for permission to make changes and the login finally worked. Kind of funny in a way, I guess. I really try to stay open-minded with these things, but lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So apparently Garry's Mod from Humble is a different subscription ID than Garry's Mod you buy in the store.

Just posting in case JaseC hasn't stopped being crazy about this sort of thing. It's the same app though, so I don't think it adds to your game count.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I just blew 5 dollars on cards.

Welp

But I got to level 20 though, so no card buying for me for a while.

When Im done paying my laptop and do my trip to NY on April I wonder how much money will be going to steam sales... I'm scared
KuGsj.gif

Dec

Been playing Of Orcs and Men and wanted more similar and noticed the Game of Thrones rpg from that bundle not long ago looked really alike. Loaded it up and was hit with the same dev logo from orcs... should have figured it was them. Expectations for the game have gone up a bit.

Turfster

... what.
Steam client, what are you doing?
"Cookies may not be enabled on your browser. Check that all cookies are allowed by your browser."
You're the client.
Edit: Reloading the market page fixed it, but really Valve... Now do you see WHY YOU NEED TO GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS WEBBROWSER BASED BULLSHIT.

... what.
Steam client, what are you doing?
"Cookies may not be enabled on your browser. Check that all cookies are allowed by your browser."
You're the client.
Edit: Reloading the market page fixed it, but really Valve... Now do you see WHY YOU NEED TO GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS WEBBROWSER BASED BULLSHIT.

This happens if you have a browser open with Steam logged in. I don't know WHY, but I had to close the tabs and restart steam.

Turfster

This happens if you have a browser open with Steam logged in. I don't know WHY, but I had to close the tabs and restart steam.

I never use Steam in a browser, so...
But yeah, Valve really needs to get their shit together and do a proper client.
Keep the web shit for the site, fine, but if people are running the client, you can make it more robust than this crap.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is one of the only places I feel comfortable telling you people that Serious Sam is liquid poop. Don't redeem the game to your account, people. Spread it on the lawn and reforest your neighborhood instead.

w5xfeTG.jpg

Google "Serious Sam Harpy"

This is a creature you fight. It is the least vaginal of the monsters you encounter.

Glad to give away this amazingly little game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-F118C8D71C63FE36

Anybody want to yay or nay Tiny barbarian?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I want Worms Golf, but I fear it will just be stupid.

It's actually quite fun, retains all the feeling of standard Worms while allowing a relaxed feel. As it's a non-combative Worms title, you spend your time figuring out the best shot (like a puzzle) and trying to get all the goals (all coins, hidden object in the level, etc).

Speaking of FTL, did you seen Galactic Princess?

Well that's quite amazing. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Guy.brush

This is one of the only places I feel comfortable telling you people that Serious Sam is liquid poop. Don't redeem the game to your account, people. Spread it on the lawn and reforest your neighborhood instead.

This is a creature you fight. It is the least vaginal of the monsters you encounter.

LOL. Played through it with 2 friends and we never had a closeup look at those harpies like that. I quite liked the game. The monster AI is dead on arrival, the weapons could feel punshier but playing this CLASSIC with 3 lives per player per level ends in quite some adrenaline rushes when a Kleer Skeleton rush starts.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
r_r

ModBot said:
[
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-DE307FE63180FB7E - Taken by angular graphics
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-A939F12137075DAD - Taken by xBlain

Enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-B881DE07C10C0F2B - Taken by Deadbeat. 2 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-047D4C23F41AAB2E - Taken by MKUltra. 16 entrants total.

t1386108596z1.png

Firebrand

Good Luck
In for OMD2, cheers!

Only thing I picked up during the sale was Castlevania... not sure why, I already had the story spoiled for me and the combat looks really tedious. I guess I'll play it on Easy or something, seems like it has pretty environments at least.

Turfster

Wondering if I should pick up cards for the stuff from the humble bundle on the cheap since the market's going to be flooded with them, then wait with crafting until the winter sale...

I never use Steam in a browser, so...
But yeah, Valve really needs to get their shit together and do a proper client.
Keep the web shit for the site, fine, but if people are running the client, you can make it more robust than this crap.

More than one time I accessed the Greenlight section in the client and it asked me to log in, sometimes the client behave very strangely.

derExperte

Wondering if I should pick up cards for the stuff from the humble bundle on the cheap since the market's going to be flooded with them, then wait with crafting until the winter sale...

That's a stupid plan. Don't do it.
Leave the cheap cards for me, already grabbed a bunch during the sale.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Work in progress:

bTQaZvX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom