• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

thx dr.dogg for garry's mod
bth_PogChamp.jpg

oipic

I hope the folks that picked up NS2 in the past day or so aren't too aggrieved at it appearing in a bundle today.

The folks from Unknown Worlds are worthy of an extra dollar or two, in my opinion. They're gamers, and good people with good intentions, and all that. The game itself is of such quality that I hope this give its community a well deserved boost in numbers, too.

Caerith

Think I'm finally done with this function.

It's pretty cool, it'll add the cost of all of the DLC you don't own so there aren't any surprises. Should (hopefully) work with all currencies.

I think it's funny that you're demonstrating your function on Wonders of the Ancient World.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think it's funny that you're demonstrating your function on Wonders of the Ancient World.

lol yeah I didn't even realize. Guess that one probably wont ever be right.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The Jumbo Bundle put me over 100 finally

ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka -- MB-E9E69145B0441A1C - Taken by Flandy

I also managed not to spend everything in my wallet, so I am prepared for the Winter sale already.

One from humble:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum 2 -- MB-7FA84E8CD8A8BFD9 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

brentech

Open to thread lurkers since I don't even really post in here myself. Enjoy
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Eets Munchies -- MB-C60B8ACEB5099136 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 2 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-D86A117AEAD6C21C - Taken by WhiskeyDiver. 3 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-0F10E95D6DAAD10D - Taken by The_Monk. 22 entrants total.

t1386126732z1.png

Tecl0n

Good lord I finished Arkham City, this game...THIS GAME. Not every day i get to see a sequel that's so superior in almost everyway to its predecessor. Save for plot...they kinda threw that out the window.

jwtsonga

asylum plot was definitely better! And I felt the open world jank was kind of useless in City. If they are doing an open world hub, please do GOTHAM CITY!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Good lord I finished Arkham City, this game...THIS GAME. Not every day i get to see a sequel that's so superior in almost everyway to its predecessor. Save for plot...they kinda threw that out the window.

I prefer the linearity of Arkham Asylum cause it doesn't mess the story like AC did. But both are great games.

Arkham City is a much better game than Asylum in every aspect. Specially the boss battles, some of them were very weak in Asylum, specially the final boss.

But yeah, the plot is kinda of weak. Specially at the ending, I felt that they did some things only to shock and maybe to crush expectations of an actual sequel.

yatesl

How do you guys chose which game to play? I have 626 Steam games (well, including the odd Uplay and Origin shortcut), and I can't decide what I want to play. For example, part way through AC4, but I've just got Call of Juarez Gunslinger, double dipped on Spelunky, double dipped on Mutant Mudds, and god knows what else.

And that's not counting any PS+ or Xbox One games I have

yoshizzle

How do you guys chose which game to play? I have 626 Steam games (well, including the odd Uplay and Origin shortcut), and I can't decide what I want to play. For example, part way through AC4, but I've just got Call of Juarez Gunslinger, double dipped on Spelunky, double dipped on Mutant Mudds, and god knows what else.

http://randomsteamgame.com/

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

I think the rule for steam users with over 300 games is that you dont play and rather go through withdrawals until the next big sale.

Playing games is ancillary and of little consequence whatsoever. Hoarding them is the actual game.

Seriously, though, just pick whatever you feel like playing at the moment.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Now normally it's just I pick a type of game I haven't played recently. Say a platformer after the last several have been a platformer, a RPG, an open world title, etc. Usually something I'm already interested and believe would be fun, be it by my own interest already or hearing others talk about it make me want to give it a chance/a replay.

If I really can't decide though? Make a list, have a game picked for me randomly. http://www.random.org/lists/

Though I realise I'm not like a lot of others. I love to replay my games. So I generally alternate between one I've already beaten and wanted to replay since it's been a while, with one I haven't beaten yet. I also keep a smaller title, a simple or quick little one that can be played between those long games.
I beat so much of Advance Wars when I was playing DOTA with friends and was waiting to re-spawn or a game to start.

Vazra

Basically set categories.

Cleared Games - If you finished the game on consoles you may also add em here as they shouldn't be priority.
Games To Beat - Select 5- 10 games you want to beat and do not take em out of there until you beat em. Once you beat one game move it to Cleared Games you may replace that spot with a new game.
My Games (The Backlog) - The dust collector until you clear the games to beat.

That is what I will do anyway.

Caerith

If you're trying to take a chunk out of your backlog, start with the Telltale games-- there's no skill requirement, so you won't get stuck, they have clearly defined ends, and, when achievements are present, you don't have to go out of your way to get them.

Next, start up Civilization V and play that until you unlock all the achievements.

Then, die of old age. Backlog solved.

It's pretty easy, I ignore every game I buy during sales and play Dota 2.

I prefer the linearity of Arkham Asylum cause it doesn't mess the story like AC did. But both are great games.

I have all three of the batman games, started playing the first and found the huge muscle bound punching dudes really boring. I never had the urge to play again, and still haven't touched the sequels. I guess the only flavor of super hero that I ever really liked was batman beyond. Yeah I'm a super hero hater, I'll admit it. Was hoping the stealth aspect would be enough for me but it just isn't.

Vazra

I have all three of the batman games, started playing the first and found the huge muscle bound punching dudes really boring. I never had the urge to play again, and still haven't touched the sequels. I guess the only flavor of super hero that I ever really liked was batman beyond. Yeah I'm a super hero hater, I'll admit it. Was hoping the stealth aspect would be enough for me but it just isn't.

Brave and The Bold was pretty fun tho.
bbbbig.jpg

Derrick01

Banned

Yup it was refreshing to see an actual sequel that improved the gameplay by such a huge amount that it makes it impossible to go back and play the first game. To this day I cannot play Asylum anymore without almost falling asleep. It's too linear and simplistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom