• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working through Tomb Raider 2013.

Seems like every 5 minutes Lara is falling, landing on something that hurts, scratching herself, burning herself, or just in general feeling pain.

It's totally ridiculous. Especially since because videogames, Lara shrugs off bullets in seconds.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
None of them work anymore :(

Also didn't know Lugaru is in Steam. I thought they'd have Overgrowth in Early Access

Caerith

Working through Tomb Raider 2013.

Seems like every 5 minutes Lara is falling, landing on something that hurts, scratching herself, burning herself, or just in general feeling pain.

It's totally ridiculous. Especially since because videogames, Lara shrugs off bullets in seconds.

Guns don't kill people. QTEs and scripted events kill people.

Momentary

Banned
Damn! Just got done from a session of Shadow Warrior. It's an excellent FPS. Especially for it's budget. For 10 bucks, you can't go wrong with this game.

FloatOn

Quick thing before I go to sleep: call of juarez gunslinger is the real deal though...

I wish the duel event thing at the end of the level was a separate online vs other human player mode. It's something I've never seen in a game and it's brilliantly implemented here, it would be really intense against a live opponent.

I really only have three mods for New Vegas right now, Mission Mojave, the jsawyer esp, and NVSE running stutter remover. When I load mission mojave (after everything but jsawyer's esp) I get no sound effects even though I put the sound folder it included in the New Vegas sound folder. :/

Colin.

Ok, I have 14 extra Enclave keys that are probably duped - They're from the accounts that I didn't receive a key immediately when registering. They showed up a day later, in German and the subject key was different from the key on the body of the message. I wont even bother to make a modbot giveaway for them. Can I just paste them here or there's a different giveaway thread that I should make people feel hope and ultimately have their dreams crushed?

I got one of them. Thanks drizzle!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Quick GAF vote:

Which is better?

Second option is much better.

Thanks for Natural Selection 2!

Other thread is now closed, so thanks for Galactic Arms Race!

tumblr_lxcasuZT2N1r5qrimo1_500.gif

t-ramp

Ok, I have 14 extra Enclave keys that are probably duped - They're from the accounts that I didn't receive a key immediately when registering. They showed up a day later, in German and the subject key was different from the key on the body of the message. I wont even bother to make a modbot giveaway for them. Can I just paste them here or there's a different giveaway thread that I should make people feel hope and ultimately have their dreams crushed?

Edit: Oh well fuck it, here they are. I'm not responsible for these and they're probably already all redeemed

Edit2: I forgot about the email hiding trick, so I did that. The thread is less ugly with it this way. Also, I made it this way because you can then try other keys if the one you picked is used. I removed Nabs and -Deimos keys so you won't get annoying messages. Consider yourselves lucky if the key worked.

Thanks, I took RNM3L-9PW47-GKD7L.

Colin.

Hmm, that is weird. Liked the look of One Way Heroics, but it wont let me complete the payment on playism. Keep getting a generic "Failure" message. Tried on Chrome and Firefox.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Finally beat the second world boss in Völgarr The Viking. Game is so much easier now that I know Mjölnir's Power exists, I could finally see the full pattern of attack of that boss.

Hmm, that is weird. Liked the look of One Way Heroics, but it wont let me complete the payment on playism. Keep getting a generic "Failure" message. Tried on Chrome and Firefox.

Likewise. I guess I'll just wait for the Steam release.

Still no option to rename categories =(

(or quickly organize)

I would love the ability to nickname games. Not for any weird naming behaviours or to confuse anyone once Steam Family Sharing becomes open to all, but so I can fix the order of certain titles.

Serious Sam 2
Serious Same 3:BFE
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter

That annoys me. I want it to be in order.

Khronico

One Way Heroics actually looks really, really cool! Gave it a thumbs up on greenlight, and will def buy when it comes to steam.

rookiejet

Has anybody used the Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and mouse, and if so, how are you liking it? I know, wait for a Steam controller, but a keyboard would still be useful to have. I'm considering a trackball and keyboard combo as well, but I haven't found one with gaming-friendly ergonomics. Recommendations would be much appreciated.

Edit: I should add, I'm not looking to play mouse-intensive games, just mouse-requiring ones. BTW, how does Civ look on a TV? I should probably see if it's legible before buying an htpc keyboard :$

denx

How come Minecraft is not on Steam yet? I would think with workshop Mojang would have put Minecraft on the service.

Minecraft has sold millions of copies without the need to be on Steam. Why would they publish the game on Steam and pay the 30% cut to Valve when the game is still selling like hotcakes on their website and they get to keep all the money

Also, this thread is moving crazy fast. 13 pages in less than 12 hours. Damn.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was hoping the Mafia 2 DLC would be discounted by now.

So apparently Garry's Mod from Humble is a different subscription ID than Garry's Mod you buy in the store.

Just posting in case JaseC hasn't stopped being crazy about this sort of thing. It's the same app though, so I don't think it adds to your game count.

Sad but true. :(

Minecraft has sold millions of copies without the need to be on Steam. Why would they publish the game on Steam and pay the 30% cut to Valve when they are still selling like hotcakes on their website and they get to keep all the money

Because of workshop and some people, like me, that are much less likely to buy a game if it is not on Steam.

denx

Because of workshop and some people, like me, that are much less likely to buy a game if it is not on Steam.

Being on Steam is important for indie developers mainly for the publicity they get by just being on the platform. Minecraft doesn't need Steam because they already got their publicity through Youtube. Since the game has sold millions of copies on their website, I'm pretty sure they just don't care about the people who won't buy the game unless it is on Steam. They probably concluded that the money they are losing by not being on Steam is marginal and nowhere near enough to offset the massive profits they are making by keeping the game exclusive to their website.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Minecraft will probably end up on Steam someday, when active development has ended or slowed to a crawl and sales have done the same. In the meantime there's very little incentive for them to do so.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Minecraft will become a thing that exists for me once they release a version that doesn't use java on the PC. I'll even buy it from you directly, Notch.

This should work, if not, I'll pm the winner myself.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 HB gift links. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Garry's Mod -- MB-D932921E8478BEB2 - Taken by -Deimos. 10 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-73A6353F23F4439F - Taken by Melted77. 6 entrants total.

t1386145094z1.png

Finally beat the second world boss in Völgarr The Viking. Game is so much easier now that I know Mjölnir's Power exists, I could finally see the full pattern of attack of that boss.

Likewise. I guess I'll just wait for the Steam release.

I would love the ability to nickname games. Not for any weird naming behaviours or to confuse anyone once Steam Family Sharing becomes open to all, but so I can fix the order of certain titles.

Serious Sam 2
Serious Same 3:BFE
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter

That annoys me. I want it to be in order.
The Witcher games do this as well, it's quite annoying to my OCD xD

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Needs to be the other way around. Can we invent a sorting method? Alphabetical first, then series order? Take for example the Splinter Cell games. Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory, Double Agent, Pandora Tomorrow is how it would be sorted now, but that isn't quite in the order they should be. . . I dunno, sometimes I worry that I overthink this stuff.

Roflobear

Hey guys. I have an extra key for Max Payne 3 after buying the complete pack from Amazon. Quote this post to see it but please let me know if you've taken it.

Also I was wondering if anyone could invite me to the GAF Steam group? My ID is roflobear

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hey guys. I have an extra key for Max Payne 3 after buying the complete pack from Amazon. Quote this post to see it but please let me know if you've taken it.

Also I was wondering if anyone could invite me to the GAF Steam group? My ID is roflobear

Thank you for Max Payne 3 and invite sent. That last one isn't related to the first, I'm just doing it at the same time.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Witcher games do this as well, it's quite annoying to my OCD xD

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Needs to be the other way around. Can we invent a sorting method? Alphabetical first, then series order? Take for example the Splinter Cell games. Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory, Double Agent, Pandora Tomorrow is how it would be sorted now, but that isn't quite in the order they should be. . . I dunno, sometimes I worry that I overthink this stuff.
no beating the saints row series in this department doe

ivY9LH9gz2Y0Z.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom