• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I simply had too many compatibility and performance issues with Windows 8 for the various graphic editing programs I use that I had to go down. Especially all the annoying issues with Open GL.

Anyone else have had freezing issues with Papo & Yo? It runs really smooth 90% of the time and then there's sections where it'll suddenly freeze for a short moment every handful of seconds.

Unfortunately the game seems to have a number of issues for a lot of people. Some issues several months were fixed, but everything that can still happen now we'll just have to shut the program down and come back to it, hoping it's not still there.

Anyone going to get the groupees Indie bundle? 99 levels to hell was greenlit today and it's part of that bundle. Looks kind of nice AND shitty at the same time. Like a bootleg Spelunky with a better theme. Was wondering if I should even bother getting the bundle.

You are pretty spot on with your description. Unfortunately 99 levels drifts a lot more towards shitty than nice.

derExperte

PM me if the key doesn't work, I have two and am unsure which one I redeemed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-B202ED067B729B1A - Taken by Kirosia

TheD

The Detective
The amount of text dedicated to actually addressing the question and what that encompasses versus trying to frame everything else is pretty telling.

I did address what you wrote!
The only framing was done by you with the whole "you're complaining because it looks a bit different and change is evil."!

And it is funny that you also attacked my post without addressing anything I wrote!

Just grow up and get over the fact that not liking something new does not make one afraid of change, it just means they do not like it!

P.S: If you want to continue to paint me like like someone afaird of all OSes other than Win7 in your arguments I suggest that you post it to /dev/null instead.

Anustart

Started The Witcher 2 and hoping it gets better. I'm currently in Flotsam and while it's ok, it's not been great so far.

Also, unbanned today :3

Started The Witcher 2 and hoping it gets better. I'm currently in Flotsam and while it's ok, it's not been great so far.

Also, unbanned today :3

A new start, eh?

And yes, the game really picks up during Flotsam. If you make good decisions, the next part of the game is genuinely great.

Some codes I had lying around.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sgt.Pepper:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-8F2B426BD3B623F5 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk
Bastion -- MB-DE6CA4A9D435FE77 - Taken by Flandy
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-83F35C8796F43B7A - Taken by wilflare
Batman DLC and Mortal Kombat are humble gift, so add this to the URL bar and post the code next to it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if Steam has any games where you can turn the screen sideways? Bought a monitor that can swivel sideways so I feel I could play an old school top down shooter, but google isn't helping me.

Pinball FX2 does it, beautiful game.

user237

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-723212CC958B98FA - Taken by Kagemusha

some sort of bonus pack or something.

Card Boy

Banned
Is there a program that pretends to be in a game without having to be in the game? i want to get some Steam cards but i don't want to download hundreds of gigabytes to get them.

Turfster

I expect the sequel will be
a gardening sim
, since
all the villains are dead by the end

They need to give Batman a rest.
I like Batman as much as the next person, but seriously, there's other heroes, DC.
Give us a Teen Titans game with the brawling system expanded with other systems or something.

Yeah, they asked me my shoe size and if I was doing anything Friday night.

Wait, you're the reason they cancelled our date?

Is there a program that pretends to be in a game without having to be in the game? i want to get some Steam cards but i don't want to download hundreds of gigabytes to get them.

SAM.

user237

That sort of thing sounds really risky, if the game has any kind of anti-bot protection at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Steam Achievement Manager, or this trick if you don't want to use an external program (steam_appid.txt in the root folder of any CEG game -> type in the app id of the game you want to idle in -> save then run the exe from the folder -> quit when done -> rinse and repeat).

Caerith

They need to give Batman a rest.
I like Batman as much as the next person, but seriously, there's other heroes, DC.
Give us a Teen Titans game with the brawling system expanded with other systems or something.
I'd like a superhero game with actual gameplay as the secret identity, but I could settle for a Teen Titans game with co-op.

Wait, you're the reason they cancelled our date?
I hope not! I told them I was washing my hair.

Vibranium

Banned
Arkham City's plot
was really smart, in hindsight.
There's lots of little clues throughout the game that get nicely misdirected.

Yeah, I'm going back through AC on PC right now and there's awesome foreshadowing and hints everywhere, the plot is great to me even if it's quite messy.

Something I find super interesting as a comics fan is that in the Arkhamverse Carmine "The Roman" Falcone
is still alive and hasn't been murdered by Two-Face
. The Maronis have been decimated but not the other famous Gotham crime family.

I wonder if Rocksteady has plans to use them even if people find the mob boring. It'd be fun just for few missions in a future game I think. Even Jeph Loeb added something neat to the lore, might as well use it!

JaseC

Hmm, okay. Valve is asking information about me because I sold too much stuff in the Market.

This happened to anyone else?

Valve's required by US law to collect certain information if you hit 200 separate sale transactions in a single calendar year. If you're an international user, though, you just fill out a small online form declaring as much and Valve leaves you alone (unless you at some point purchased from the US store when it was very easy to do so, in which case you'll need to jump through some proof-of-residency hoops).

Guys, guys... Can't we all be friends?
Let's talk about games, or Scorsese Romulan, and be merry.

The former, no; the latter, yes. :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, okay. Valve is asking information about me because I sold too much stuff in the Market.

This happened to anyone else?

It's happened to me. I just stay under 200 until reset. Sucks :/

Pakkidis

Lets try this one more time. I have a 66% discount coupon for enclave that expires on dec 12. If anybody wants it, let me know and its yours. I will randomly select someone if its multiple entries.

JaseC

I can get a Starbound four-pack for $24, which works out to $6 per head (and just to be clear, I myself don't see even a single cent of profit from this). I don't suppose three of you fine folks are interested?

Edit: Sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom