• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I can get a Starbound four-pack for $24, which works out to $6 per head (and just to be clear, I myself don't see even a single cent of profit from this). I don't suppose three of you fine folks are interested?

I'm not, you welcome.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I can get a Starbound four-pack for $24, which works out to $6 per head (and just to be clear, I myself don't see even a single cent of profit from this). I don't suppose three of you fine folks are interested?

That is almost tempting, though I didn't care for the way Terraria controlled and it seems like Starbound didn't change much in that respect.

Arkham City's plot
was really smart, in hindsight.
There's lots of little clues throughout the game that get nicely misdirected.

It's worth appreciating that the big twist in Arkham City (clayface posing as the joker) is actually cleverly taking advantage of the Batman mythos rather than throwing it under the bus.

oipic

Consider me interested, Jase, if you find a couple of other like-minded chums - cheers.

Tesseract

Banned

sure, i'm in if you'll have me.

*edit* scratch that, i won't have access to my paypal for a few weeks. thanks anyway!

apologies. please don't hate me, lol.

Card Boy

Banned
Wish they would make a Green Arrow game now that the show is really popular. They could very play the same since Bruce and Oliver both have similar backgrounds and they are both gadget based superheros.

I was playing Batman Origins and saw a Queen Industries shipping container and it made me wish for it even more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
sure, i'm in if you'll have me.

*edit* scratch that, i won't have access to my paypal for a few weeks. thanks anyway!

apologies. please don't hate me, lol.

Ah, just as well there's a 30-second cooldown between PMs, haha. I need someone to fill your shoes!

Anustart

It picks up once some legit story beats start happening there.

Yeah, to be honest, my interest picked up once I saw the flash back with the Kingslayer and the elf. Hoping I keep gaining more and more :3

Edit: Also, I thought I was supposed to be doing a quest for a dude behind the dude's house finding some contraption part, but nothing was in my journal about it and I couldn't find anything :(

header_292x136.jpg

Pretty excited, just redeemed my Kickstarter backer code for this. Really really really hope it doesn't suck, as the original game is probably my favourite game ever. Has a very special place in my heart.

I also don't want to regret backing it at a stupid level
$250
. As long as the game is good I'll be satisfied as I am looking forward to the physical swag that will eventually come my way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just got done playing about an hour of Starbound.

The game is really neat but I can see why people are saying that it's basically Terraria in space. While it certainly seems that there will be more variety later on down the line, there isn't really anything new here. Not that that's particularly a bad thing - Terraria is an awesome game and this is more of the same.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't expand more on the core gameplay though. But then again, it's still in beta so it's hard to say what it'll end up as.

Long story short, if you like Terraria and are looking for a fresh coat of paint on the same game, check out Starbound.

denx

I asked on the Steam forums and it seems like Starbound's price will remain the same upon launch. Ufff, pressure relieved then. I can wait until the game is more fleshed out before dipping into it. Steam wallet is safe for now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Apparently it's already got a 500 meg update?

Yeah it looks like it downloaded that as soon as I exited the game so they've updated it within the last hour.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Im bout to do something weird. Once I finish Batman Arkham Asylum main story Imma skip straight to origins then to city. It probably makes no sense whatsoever but imma do it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Starbound get. I can't wait to
not
play it.

I will take it out of context and think this is something sexual.

tumblr_mh7wuul3k21qbs6xub5.gif

Sorry, but duckroll can be really scary.
I just had to do it.

Bohemia Interactive is having a sale of up to 80% on their games (basically 80% off Arma II Complete Steam and 25% off the rest)

I initially read "Bohemia Interactive" as "Disney Interactive" and my heart skipped a beat.

nSQUNsK.png

Let me love you, Disney.

FloatOn

All this starbound naysaying is lame. For one thing, not only do you have to survive enemies that the game throws at you but also you have to deal with your body heat not dropping too much AND keeping your hunger in check. It's like the best part of Don't Starve and Terraria rolled into one. Plus you get better art, music, interface and refined mechanics. Oh and the prospect of space battles and a storyline via quests on top of it. This game delivers.

m.gorecki

Doing some pre Christmas cleaning.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-770DA2A418146478 - Taken by Cody_D165
Brutal Legend -- MB-EA2F064CFC98F458 - Taken by Gez
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-B6A8874A326A9133 - Taken by bkw
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-A8189BC9929F4350 - Taken by gabrielt16
Worms Reloaded -- MB-B758F03215D76DC0 - Taken by FauX
Bastion -- MB-6AFD620EFF7AD34D - Taken by vvise
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-0D6196A950FF5F7F - Taken by Think Different
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-9A1A9969F9095F03 - Taken by ClassyPenguin

Jintor

DX Director's Cut is great, but the way the commentary itself has been implemented is really annoying, especially when you're sitting in a room listening to the commentary and the NPCs are like "Why you not moving".

HL2's node point implementation yonks ago was the best.

Also, Max Payne 1 and 2 don't fucking work for some goddamn reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom