• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
All according to Gaben's plan...

Which is kind of awesome because I paid the same price I did for primal carnage or whatever a months worth of planetside2 doubleXP but its like i have this personal attachment to it.

Sajjaja

I'm having fun with it playing the ranger class. Their dodge mechanic shits all over GW2's. The facial models are gross and there's a locked camera zoom because the developers are monsters, but I've been going back to it.

How's the F2P model in it? How restrictive is it and does it force you to buy anything?

Anteater

I had a hard time getting into MGR. Played for a few hours and absolutely didn't "get it". The combat didn't feel natural and made no sense to me.

It looks cool and crazy-japanese, but I haven't felt the urge to go back to it.

I haven't played more than half an hour but I thought it's pretty simple, you press attacks, you have a launcher, you press forward and attack to parry. There's probably a movelist in the game. Enemies flashes telling you when to parry, you hold a button to enter blade mode to slash things when they're stunned. What doesn't make sense to you?

Card Boy

Banned
How's the F2P model in it? How restrictive is it and does it force you to buy anything?

According the advertising i have seen around launch and now on the Steam page its not P2W.

Completely Free-to-Play
You don't have to pay to adventure. From 1 to the level cap, all playable content in Neverwinter is free for everyone to experience.

Well it's my interpretation of that quote, i don't know if it does have P2W stuff.

JakeD

i flippin' hate the way casually scrolling through the activity feed automatically reveals "spoilered" screenshots. i mean cmon, where else would your cursor be if not in the middle of the screen??

oipic

i flippin' hate the way casually scrolling through the activity feed automatically reveals "spoilered" screenshots. i mean cmon, where else would your cursor be if not in the middle of the screen??

Yeah, agreed - I've always wondered why they haven't made it click-to-reveal, rather than a mouse-over thing.

Omega

Banned
Is there any way to see how active a game is?

Thinking about getting Injustice, but if it's not active I might just skip it

Deques

For those who are wondering how much Ultra Street Fighter 4 costs here is some info I found in Joystiq

USF4 will be released in this Summer for the consoles, while the PC version will be released two months later.

There will be an upgrade options, it will cost $15

The full game will cost $40, while the PC will cost $30

Source

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, glad I didn't buy Sonic Kart Racing for $5.

Don't like the transforming and the handling still is "off" for me.

denx

Starbound had a peak of 83k players earlier today, now sitting at 82k.

60348d1368470150-gran-punteggi-black-ops-2-mother-god.jpg

I should finish FEAR Perseus Mandate now but that probably wouldn't be very wise since I feel like I've been having a day long heart attack since the 2014 World Cup draft.

Wow. I guess the Terraria community has migrated to Starbound all at once, picking up some additional people along the way. I can't believe how little I heard about the game before it was released.

I should finish FEAR Perseus Mandate now but that probably wouldn't be very wise since I feel like I've been having a day long heart attack since the 2014 World Cup draft.

Just to compare the top 10 most played games on Steam right now:

BV1NkeM.png

Omega

Banned

CS GO is 3rd most on Steam at 75k

I dont pay attention to the activity that much, but every timed I looked it was like 30-40k and the top 5 was always Dota, TF2, FM 2014, Skyrim and Civ V

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it got some good momentum, GO was dead but i guess the sales did something for it and more.

It fixed issues the game had, unlike TF2. :/

(Don't get me wrong, I like TF2. But I dislike what it has become)

I will buy Starbound the second space battles are implemented. Until then, based on all the content I've seen, the game really does not seem to be taking advantage of its sci fi trappings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom