• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will buy Starbound the second space battles are implemented. Until then, based on all the content I've seen, the game really does not seem to be taking advantage of its sci fi trappings.

Almost the same for me except I'll wait to the game having more content and being near the official release.

Turfster

Isn't it a story based game? Why is there a beta for that? I thought betas are only for multiplayer games.

There's not much story in it at the moment, to be honest.
There's a questchain that teaches you the basics of the game, and... that's about it as far as I've discovered.

Lain

I always kinda figured wishlist is more of a "hey guys pls buy this game 4 me"

I don't have people gifting me games on my wishlist (except once when dot randomly gifted me a game and it was really appreciated, so much that I felt I had to gift something back right away).
I use it as a reminder of which game I'm interested in, because otherwise I'd forget during sales, especially for the games not featured on the main page.

I don't have people gifting me games on my wishlist (except once when dot randomly gifted me a game and it was really appreciated, so much that I felt I had to gift something back right away).
I use it as a reminder of which game I'm interested in, because otherwise I'd forget during sales, especially for the games not featured on the main page.

As a person with barely any Steam friends, I use the wishlist to save games that look interesting so I have a reference come sales time. I also put early access games in there so I don't lose track of them.

Edit: 15 is barely any, right?

Eternia

Did Starbound get a price hike somewhere? I noticed traders are selling it for about 20-25% higher for the 4-pack than they were a day ago.

denx

Does anyone who regularly plays CSGO know about some good Zombie Escape servers on the game? About 90% of my time in CSS was spent playing Zombie Escape. If that game mode was moved over to CSGO, then I may finally ditch CSS completely.

mrgone

Did Starbound get a price hike somewhere? I noticed traders are selling it for about 20-25% higher for the 4-pack than they were a day ago.

Nope, just gouging due to the demand :(

The game's going for pretty much the US 4-pack price now. Sucks.

Nabs

I see Overgrowth in the registry. I hope they start giving out Steam keys. (It's been in the registry for a year or so, but they seem to be updating it again.)

Tesseract

Banned
new injustice patch fixes what i said needed fixing all along, fucking finally. now do the same for mk9 and i'll sing happy praises for both ports.

A game update was released today for Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition that extends online multiplayer matchmaking across all regions.

The original game was set to limit matches to players within the closest geographical region to improve the chances of quality online play (better ping times). However, this had the inadvertent effect of limiting some regions, such as Australia and New Zealand as well as Ireland and other European countries from matchmaking with the bulk of the Injustice community.

This update changes Steam matchmaking to cover the full worldwide region. Players should no longer need to adjust their Steam download region to find opponents.

Exuro

I see Overgrowth in the registry. I hope they start giving out Steam keys. (It's been in the registry for a year or so, but they seem to be updating it again.)
Same here. I've had to contact wolf fire support a few times due to my account losing access to the alpha for whatever reason so having a steam key would make that much better.

I'm still surprised how CSGO managed to double its player base in like a week. Don't remember seeing something like that before.

It was super cheap, and I even gave like 5 copies to people that can't buy online. They have been playing a lot. One has almost 30 hours, and I got it during the sales. o_O

Anyone know how to fix mouse double click issue? the left click double clicks and the options seem fine.
Have you tried using another mouse to be sure that the one you are currently using isn't dying? The only time I've had continual errant double clicks was because my mouse was falling apart.

Someone else might have a better explanation though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey Jshackles, how about a rotten tomatoes style meter for Steam reviews?

It would be fun as a point of reference for some games.

It's a good idea, but I'll have to find a way to access the stats for a particular game. I notice that this page loads the 10 most helpfully rated results, maybe I could give a meter based on these 10 most helpfully marked reviews.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone buy it? Or are you bastards waiting for a sale? :p

I bought it the moment it hit the store, and played about 2 hours yesterday. It's pretty similar to the VII remake, and even similarly requires a Square Enix account to launch.

The graphics are better than the original PC release but are on par with the PS1 version. This version allows for larger screen resolutions as I believe the original PC release was stuck at 640x480 without mods. This version has texture filters that make the game look pretty close to the original at high resolutions, but it also has the same bugs that plagued the original PC version.

This release also has the inferior MIDI audio, but there is already a mod available that replaces most of it with the PS1 versions.

So all in all it's a pretty half-hearted re-release. But I've been wanting to replay the game for quite a while now and it's release on Steam (with Steam achievements) is a good enough reason.

Don't know if I wanna buy the Brigmore Witches dlc now that its 50% off or wait for the christmas/winter sale to see if it's discounted more.

Can any fellow gaffers give me their impressions of the dlc and if it's worth getting now or worth just waiting it out till the christmas sale starts.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That sucks - I wanted to believe
and still believe Fallout 4 will happen... eventually

I for one am taking the bold stance that there will never be another Fallout game.

Can't wait to see one of you boffins call me out on it.

Isaccard

I bought it the moment it hit the store, and played about 2 hours yesterday. It's pretty similar to the VII remake, and even similarly requires a Square Enix account to launch.

The graphics are better than the original PC release but are on par with the PS1 version. This version allows for larger screen resolutions as I believe the original PC release was stuck at 640x480 without mods. This version has texture filters that make the game look pretty close to the original at high resolutions, but it also has the same bugs that plagued the original PC version.

This release also has the inferior MIDI audio, but there is already a mod available that replaces most of it with the PS1 versions.

So all in all it's a pretty half-hearted re-release. But I've been wanting to replay the game for quite a while now and it's release on Steam (with Steam achievements) is a good enough reason.

Thanks

Turfster

so I have Thi4f now

its gonna suck aint it

I have thiaf too. I only paid like, 5€ for it tho.
It'd have to be really bad for me not to be able to get at least that much enjoyment out of it.
(Of course if they totally shat all over the essense of thief and give me an aneurysm, the medical bills will outweigh this greatly.)

Jumping around being a thief can never be too bad?

Not funny! Or did they flipflop again and give us jumping everywhere? =p

My only problem with CSGO going on sale are the hackers that come with it. Played at least one competitive game with a blatant hacker and I'm pretty sure at least 2 other games had hackers that were less apparent (no across map headshots with a negev from spawn, etc).

Feelsbadman.

Xanathus

Don't know if I wanna buy the Brigmore Witches dlc now that its 50% off or wait for the christmas/winter sale to see if it's discounted more.

Can any fellow gaffers give me their impressions of the dlc and if it's worth getting now or worth just waiting it out till the christmas sale starts.

I just finished both DLCs yesterday with all achievements done. Both of them are great as their missions and levels are well-designed with tons of avenues and ways to complete the missions. I believe it's even possible to finish them without using any powers and without taking out any enemies.

jshackles

Brigmore Witches might have the best Dishonored level

buy that shit son

And yet, Knife of Dunwall is the one going up for the award.

Khronico

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but that Survivor 2299 site updated and... it's a fake: http://thesurvivor2299.com/

Crying-gifs-10112013-01.gif

I wanted this so hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom