• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New release:

DLC:
kPNVWcq.png

Thanks to TheFightingFish for Limbo!

The more I play of Don't Starve the more I like it. There seems to be a lot of things to discover and explore. I keep getting killed though,lol. One of these days I will live to see winter.

Thorgal

I will fully admit that I did not give enough time to MGR to really judge its merits. I will say that its presentation outside of combat was very poor and that the difficulty in the demo ramped up way too steeply. That damned robodog was a serious pain in the ass and everything prior to it barely fought back.

Fighting it was just a trial by fire attempt at hammering in what the demo tells you to do from the very first encounter: parry. Once that settles in the fight takes on a new light.

Yes . that boss was designed to act as a wall to make players aware that you are not going to get very far in this game ifyou did not learn to parry .
the term that i hear most used for bosses like this is Noobkiller .

A type of boss that will pwn your ass every time if you just go Rambo on them and refuse to learn a specific action .like rolling out of the way . finding out his pattern or in this case the art of parrying their attacks .

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I've been playing this on my phone for a while. I wonder what they did to make it less like a mobile game. The Android version is constantly making you wait or pay to not wait.

Well it's free to play so I imagine they did sweet fuck all.

Game is astonishingly bad, I love puzzle quest but wow did they ever shit the bed on this one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been playing this on my phone for a while. I wonder what they did to make it less like a mobile game. The Android version is constantly making you wait or pay to not wait.

They didn't change anything - it's still the same (shit).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can anyone else not access the store from the Steam client?

Or at all?

They're definitely having problems with their servers at the moment. API server especially is returning a lot of 403 forbiddens

Well, it's back for me except all the tabs have names like "#text_steam_greenlight".

Maybe they are preparing their servers for the increased load they will have for VGX.

MGS4 was bad. Like, terribad. And I finished. Nothing made sense, including the gameplay. Oh a boss fight, I can just buy an RPG using the menu with this absurd amount of money I got for walking over stuff? The fight ends, a bunch of cutscenes regurgitating info I was already told in a prior bunch of cutscenes, and then right to another bossfight?

huh|? MGS 4 was incredible.

Thorgal

Also wanted to ask for anyone who has bought Broken sword 5 .

how is it ?

Is it as good as the old games ?

I am interested. but not at it's current price but i would love some feedback nonetheless .

Tellaerin

They didn't change anything - it's still the same (shit).

The sad thing is, I love Puzzle Quest, and I grew up reading Marvel comics. This should have been the Reese's peanut butter cup of videogames for me. But thanks to the "F2P + blatant cash grab DLC" monetization model they're using, the whole thing's about as appetizing to me as a Reese's that someone just took a great steaming dump on.

Seriously, just give me a complete game like this for $15-20 and I'd be all over it. Hell, even $29.99 doesn't seem that unreasonable. But this is ridiculous.

Turfster

oh.

Well they messed up the link in the VGX sale page then. (Weird that it still works...)

// gets converted to / automatically server side, normally.

Also wanted to ask for anyone who has bought Broken sword 5 .

how is it ?

Is it as good as the old games ?

I am interested. but not at it's current price but i would love some feedback nonetheless .

I've heard it suffers from the episodic split. It's nice to revisit the gang, but they split all the 'abnormal' stuff to episode 2,apparently.

Krystof Koreni

Neo Member
Well, here goes.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-F47ABD6EE3391FEF - Taken by fantomena. 7 entrants total.

t1386370604z1.png

The Mystery Game in question is in fact a Humble gift link for the Mortal Kombat Kollection (Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3).

oipic

Just purchased my first TF2 key. I feel a little dirty.

Thus begins a fateful slide down some Valve-economy slippery slope, or something.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dude I spent like 15 bucks on CSGO to get a gun with neon spraypainted catskulls and my actual cat's name engraved on it.... I bought the damn game for like 2.50 during a steam sale and they STILL get my money!

WOW! Modbot does raffles now! Thats fucking AMAZING. Jesus christ, neogaf is the best.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3 deserve every bit of praise they get.

2 and 4 are incredibly overrated.
Nah, MGS2 is amazing, and better than the first one in any measurable way. Loved it.

And it's not nostalgia talking. If anything, it's the opposite: I played MGS1 many years ago, but the sequel early this year (not counting those two times I started it in the past, where I played less than 15 minutes each.)

I should go back to MGS3 on my 3DS. I'm not a fan of the camera (I miss the top-down view), but who knows? Maybe in 6-7 years I'll be able to appreciate it, like I did with MGS2 (got the shitty PC port around 2006)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just purchased my first TF2 key. I feel a little dirty.

Thus begins a fateful slide down some Valve-economy slippery slope, or something.

Dude I spent like 15 bucks on CSGO to get a gun with neon spraypainted catskulls and my actual cat's name engraved on it.... I bought the damn game for like 2.50 during a steam sale and they STILL get my money!

DCxAAZa.jpg

dani_dc

jbwHgnJDq6eAh9.png

I could use a copy of Bionic Commando Rearmed on PC.

They usually always have a "main" Humble Bundle near Christmas, it's partly why I didn't buy some Indie games I was interested in during the last sale.

So I'd expect an "Indie" bundle and not a publishers bundle (unless they decide to run two big bundles at once).

Turfster

After getting 403 error when trying to log on to the Steam, now when I open the logon page I can see data being read from steamstore-a.akamaihd.net rather than from the Steam itself. Is it anything to be worried about? There used to be a phishing warning (like here: http://www.avforums.com/threads/chr...d-net-maybe-enhanced-steam-extension.1838172/ ), but it's gone now. I'm not sure if it's safe to log on.

They're moving some of the stuff to akamai servers to carry the expected load of the VGX and Winter Sale.
(probably. Interestingly, mine still goes to the 'normal' servers.)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They usually always have a "main" Humble Bundle near Christmas, it's partly why I didn't buy some Indie games I was interested in during the last sale.

So I'd expect an "Indie" bundle and not a publishers bundle (unless they decide to run two big bundles at once).

that question is regarding bonus games for the jumbo bundle they released this week.

catabarez

Just got the Injustice fightstick because gamestop had it on sale. This thing is a little underwhelming compared to my Street Fighter x Tekken one. And BPM doesn't detect it as a controller :(

jediyoshi

Is this new Neverwinter game any good?

I'm having fun with it playing the ranger class. Their dodge mechanic shits all over GW2's. The facial models are gross and there's a locked camera zoom because the developers are monsters, but I've been going back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom