• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone from the US buy me Brigmore Witches DLC? I have US version of Dishonored main app for some reason, and can't buy the DLCs for it. I can paypal the money if that's not a problem. The gifting method worked for other DLCs. PM me if you'd be so kind.

Thanks in advance.

Pm'd.

Xanathus

I definitely like the multiple ways to approach missions since I like to be stealthly while using powers and only knock people out instead of killing them. Also do they do a good job or wrapping up Duad's story. If you can't tell me without spoiling anything then that's fine.

It definitely "wraps up" Daud's story but it doesn't expand on his backstory. The ending of Daud is dependent on whether you go high or low chaos in Brigmore Witches, but it's basically the same as what happens to Daud in the main game since you can kill him.

It definitely "wraps up" Daud's story but it doesn't expand on his backstory. The ending of Daud is dependent on whether you go high or low chaos in Brigmore Witches, but it's basically the same as what happens to Daud in the main game since you can kill him.

In the main game I took Daud's key without him even noticing. In the DLC Corvo still beats the stuffing out of him like an ungentlemanly brute.

Lain

So that groupees indie bundle is ending soon. Do I want 99 Spirits? Watched a video and saw the gaf thread, but I still have no idea how it plays.

It's a nice game.
You move on the grid. If you end in a battle, you attack and defend/counter to fill the bars to be able to get hints about the name of the enemy attacking you. When you think you know the name and the bar from defending is filled, you can insert the name and reveal the enemy, at which point you can actually kill it.
There is also to manage your sword and keep food to eat and decide if a battle is worth to fight or it's better to conserve energy/sword condition and not engage.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
VGX sales huh?

It's kinda showing how predetermined shit like VGA is. It's kinda sad that it is touted as the "premiere" awards for video games.

VGX sales huh?

It's kinda showing how predetermined shit like VGA is. It's kinda sad that it is touted as the "premiere" awards for video games.

By that logic, isn't any awards show where the nominees are revealed in advance "predetermined"? Because I'm pretty sure the sale is just that, nominees.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I am thinking of picking up Tomb Raider since it is on sale again and I haven't played any of them for years.

Is it worth my time to get the Tomb Raider Collection since it has all of the games?

I noticed in the collection it does not include the Survival Edition, is it worth it to just get the survival edition or just get the collection with all of the other games as well?

Thanks.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I still don't know what it's like to get a booster pack or a foil, much less disappointment from one of them. I do have a Super Meat Boy badge though, so I'm content.

VGX sales huh?

It's a giant advertisement production, it's fall less of a bother for what it "stands for" when you see the man behind the curtain and can just treat it for the joke it is. For most people on GAF, it's just there for whatever trailers they show off.

We still have the Game Developers Choice Awards, BAFTA, IGF, and several others to pay attention to if we care about award winning and what other developers and artists consider to be of high quality for the year.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I only use foils as selling fodder. They're not even worth the XP.

And sure it's really a huge advertising thing, but then it's also the most popular from what I could tell.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faerie Solitare -- MB-D179F376457744CC - Taken by KenOD

Ravage this giveaway as if it were my body, GAF.

It's ready.

jediyoshi

VGX sales huh?

It's kinda showing how predetermined shit like VGA is.

Wut. All the available nominees are on sale.

We still have the Game Developers Choice Awards, BAFTA, IGF, and several others to pay attention to if we care about award winning and what other developers and artists consider to be of high quality for the year.

Are you talking shit about Divekick, good sir?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I paid money only to find out only one of the games had a Steam key.

So I've had better.

I bought an entire Dead Space Trilogy collection because it was a wonderful deal, €9, only to discover it's all Origin only. I've never been able to play them because Origin refuses to accept anything of the log-in I created for it and EA customer support is... well representative of EA as a whole.

I'll still try to appreciate Faerie Solitarie as much as possible to try and make it worthwhile though. Fellow Gaffers have had such good things to say about it after all.

Xanathus

In the main game I took Daud's key without him even noticing. In the DLC Corvo still beats the stuffing out of him like an ungentlemanly brute.

The point is that Daud doesn't have a definitive ending, it's practically based on what you actually did as Corvo in Dishonored. He's a throwaway character and probably won't appear ever again.

The point is that Daud doesn't have a definitive ending, it's practically based on what you actually did as Corvo in Dishonored. He's a throwaway character and probably won't appear ever again.

You take that back. Daud is the coolest.

Daud isn't made out of styrofoam, Daud isn't something you use and just discard.

Midn1ght

So I just reached level 20 and got a new showcase to add. If I'm not picking one, I'm seeing this whenever I go to my profile :

jxHweX0.jpg

I guess other users don't see it but it's kinda annoying for me. Two showcases is alright but it would be cool if I had the choice to display the number of showcase I want without having this to appear on my profile.

First world problem...

Tizoc

PC is an afterthought at VGX, I sure hope Sega announces more HD ports though.

Yet there's a Stream for VGX as well as a sale in regards to VGX on the Steam webpage...

Speaking of which, I'll be asleep when VGX starts so chances are GAF'll be down when I try to view it tomorrow =V

Yet there's a Stream for VGX as well as a sale in regards to VGX on the Steam webpage...

Speaking of which, I'll be asleep when VGX starts so chances are GAF'll be down when I try to view it tomorrow =V

He's right though. These shows are usually console focused. Steam Universe might change that a bit.

oipic

I own alot of the CK2 DLC and I have to go through one by one to see what I need to buy, the store is such a clusterfuck

Just to be sure, to be sure, are you perusing the store via the web, and if so, are you using the rather wonderful Enhanced Steam? It single-handedly solves that problem (unless I'm misunderstanding your post, in which case, my apologies!).

Grief.exe

That is Valve's prerogative though, not VGX.

oipic

JaseC's new avatar is making me uncomfortable.
"No Saoirse, I swear that's not at all what I had in mind!"

So much can be read into Madame SteamGAF's expression in this photo - it's one of my favourites of Jase's avatars, I think. Saoirse's eyes really are quite beautiful.

Thread is slow right now

Tizoc

All are preparing for the Winter Seal, their hunger consumes them so such that they spare no energy to post in this thread or to check any deals on Steam for the next fortnight or so.

Copons

What are the chances of getting a booster pack? I've never gotten one. And what is the point of foil cards?

Chances are BAD.
Apparently, one booster is created (and sent to someone) when one badge is crafted.
Chances of getting it increase proportionally with your Steam level (starting from 10, IIRC).

Considering that at the moment, cards are mainly used to make money, there are really few badges crafted.
And there are plenty of extremely high level people who are going to receive the booster before you.

Foil cards are used to craft foil badges. Or you sell them at higher prices than normal cards.

Coldsun

Banned
Chances are BAD.
Considering that at the moment, cards are mainly used to make money, there are really few badges crafted.

While everything else you said is true. This is just silly. The reason cards are used to make money is because those buying it.... are crafting badges. If badges weren't being crafted, cards wouldn't be selling. Period.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC's new avatar is making me uncomfortable.
"No Saoirse, I swear that's not at all what I had in mind!"

Haha, don't worry, it'll likely be gone in a week. ;)

So much can be read into Madame SteamGAF's expression in this photo - it's one of my favourites of Jase's avatars, I think. Saoirse's eyes really are quite beautiful.

Thread is slow right now

<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom