• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

While everything else you said is true. This is just silly. The reason cards are used to make money is because those buying it.... are crafting badges. If badges weren't being crafted, cards wouldn't be selling. Period.

It should be silly indeed, but I believe all the card thing has became somehow a currency/barter method.
Like in buying low -> trying to sell high, and so on.

Anyway, un-scientifically speaking, I'm getting way less boosters (and selling less cards) than just a couple of months ago.
Call it market saturation, call it whatever you like, but it seems to me that way less badges are crafted nowadays (compared to this summer, when it was a novelty).

Tellaerin

JaseC's new avatar is making me uncomfortable.
"No Saoirse, I swear that's not at all what I had in mind!"

Classy, meet Ronan the Accuser. >.>

Seriously, though, Saoirse has amazing eyes. And speaking of Saoirse + Marvel, I still say she'd've made a much better Scarlet Witch than Elizabeth Olsen. Maybe I'll feel differently once I've seen her in the role, but right now Olsen really doesn't fit my mental image of the character at all.

Copons

So I finally started Spelunky (I didn't want it to overlap Rogue Legacy, so I had to rush finish it yesterday) and I was planning to write a Copons Adventure for it, but after a little bit I noticed that everything I could have said would be summarized in "do not try your newly bought pickaxe inside the shopkeeper's room". :'(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Classy, meet Ronan the Accuser. >.>

Seriously, though, Saoirse has amazing eyes. And speaking of Saoirse + Marvel, I still say she'd've made a much better Scarlet Witch than Elizabeth Olsen. Maybe I'll feel differently once I've seen her in the role, but right now Olsen really doesn't fit my mental image of the character at all.

I've never really been one for comic books so I can't comment on how appropriate she is for the role considering the character's history, but although I'd have preferred to see Saoirse get the job (shock and awe :p), from a talent perspective, Elizabeth Olsen is probably the next best thing.

Edit: My save is missing. :( 90-odd hours down the drain.

2013-12-07_00001u8u9e.jpg

JaseC

Ecch nothing worse than a missing save.
It isn't on the Steam Cloud? 90 hours sure isn't something you can recoup easily.

Does Uplay support cloud saves? Maybe that's the issue -- the game's trying to use cloud saves rather than local saves... or vice-versa.

Edit: This appears to be my save, but every time I load the game it's overwritten with a blank slate.

Jumping is back as a QTE... Once you earn enough XP to unlock the skill.

XP has been out of the game for a while. It sounds like they made some last minute adjustments in anticipation of backlash.

Edit: That was obviously a joke. :p

Heh, it wasn't until I got to the end of his post that I realised he was being satirical.

I think that just about says it all about that game and contemporary AAA game design.

Spelunky is so fucking good. Why can't I stop playing?

I think you answered your own question there awesomepersonwhogiftedmeTWDwhichIadoreeventhoughitbreaksmyheartallthetime!

ngt

Does Uplay support cloud saves? Maybe that's the issue -- the game's trying to use cloud saves rather than local saves... or vice-versa.

Yes it does. After each session you can see a screen with synchronization progress. Make sure there's no sync error, I lost my AC3 saves this way.

JaseC

Yes it does. After each session you can see a screen with synchronization progress. Make sure there's no sync error, I lost my AC3 saves this way.

The save is present locally so I assume (or rather hope) that I can get my progress back by disabling cloud saves or forcing a re-sync.

BadWolf

Just started Mark of the Ninja and finished a couple of levels, the game is freaking awesome.

The first level was fun but when they were tallying up the score at the end I noticed a bonus for no kills so the next level I played pure stealth with no kills and it felt so good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, I realized there's no Simpsons game in Steam... and there's no PC port of The Simpsons Game.

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as I've got the house to myself this afternoon and some new toys to play with I thought it's about time I gave The Witcher 2 a proper spin. Also seeing as RealityExists waxed lyrical about it earlier it would be rude not to.

So seeing as it ran okish on my old rig I thought let's dial this all the way up Ubersampling and all. Bwhahahaha yeah it just laughed right at me and trundled along at 30fps, 40fps with a few other tweaks turned down. It is literally go SLI or turn it down and it just looked at my 3gb of VRAM and said "Ohhh I'll have that, you got any more?".

Still, looks gosh darn pretty even without trying to render it 4 times the size.

The save is present locally so I assume (or rather hope) that I can get my progress back by disabling cloud saves or forcing a re-sync.

Good luck Jase! If it makes you feel any better I played AC [or AC1 as the kids say nowadays] for tens of hours in offline mode when I was a Steam noob so my playtime is borked. Steam thinks I've only played it for an hour or two. First World Problems!

Just started Mark of the Ninja and finished a couple of levels, the game is freaking awesome.

The first level was fun but when they were tallying up the score at the end I noticed a bonus for no kills so the next level I played pure stealth with no kills and it felt so good.

Indeed it is :D. Glad you're enjoying it so much. I had an absolute blast with it and it dominated my free time for 2 or 3 weeks. Have fun!

Jawmuncher

When I played Mark of the Ninja I personally wasn't that impresed by it.
The idea and everything was cool but I guess I just wanted some more from it.
I love both of the Shank games though. Even though those are nothing like Mark of the Ninja

Loved the game, even though the later levels were worse I finished it.

So Starbound wipe is incoming. Guess its time to leave that game for a bit and work through some other stuff. This might be the weekend I finally finish The Witcher 2.

Dr Dogg

Well that works for me too :D.

I am also fond of the variation Ass Crud.

I had that once after a bad Chinese.

------------------------------------------

Any way on to a more relevant note, how's the Rayman Legends port? I know it's Uplay infestered but how do all the WiiU features transfer over? Like the Gamepad stuff like touch, tilt and such?

Seeing as it's on offer, again (though might wait until crimbo as it will more than likely be the same price). Thanks in advance folks.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck Jase! If it makes you feel any better I played AC [or AC1 as the kids say nowadays] for tens of hours in offline mode when I was a Steam noob so my playtime is borked. Steam thinks I've only played it for an hour or two. First World Problems!

Pfffff! I was replaying Arkham City [The good AC] while offline, and I took some screenshots with the integrated Steam function. Now every time I close the game the screenshot manager pops up with the same set of shots from the one offline play session.

I loathe this glitch with the fury of a thousand suns.

JaseC

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try my luck, but my fingers are crossed in the meantime. If I can't restore my progress, then I'll probably just go back to playing nothing while I wait for Liberation HD to release.

Reckoner

Finished Brigmore Witches DLC of Dishonored and enjoyed it, even though both DLCs are really short.
I'm glad I took a different approach in Brigmore Witches and killed the major characters as I got the good, redemptive, ending.

Pfffff! I was replaying Arkham City [The good AC] while offline, and I took some screenshots with the integrated Steam function. Now every time I close the game the screenshot manager pops up with the same set of shots from the one offline play session.

I loathe this glitch with the fury of a thousand suns.

Ouch! :/

If they are the suns from FTL and I haven't upgraded my door system then I'll join you in that hatred if you don't mind.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try my luck, but my fingers are crossed in the meantime. If I can't restore my progress, then I'll probably just go back to playing nothing while I wait for Liberation HD to release.

Well fleshing out your Steam Library is a game so there's always that!

Only three more cards and I can craft my level 5 Skyrim badge. I have no idea why I'm doing it, but I want to.

Just running games in the background while doing schoolwork now, and selling off the cards, but most of the ones that remain don't go for much.

Gbraga

Probably already posted, but Borderlands 2 GOTY is super cheap on Nuuvem right now, around $10.

Not sure if it's region locked though.

JaseC

Probably already posted, but Borderlands 2 GOTY is super cheap on Nuuvem right now, around $10.

Not sure if it's region locked though.

It's not.

Edit: Somebody adding 300 subs to the registry over the course of an hour, all tied to 100 new/previously-unknown apps, has piqued my curiosity. Maybe EA has had a change of heart. :p

Momentary

Banned
It's not.

Edit: Somebody adding 300 subs to the registry over the course of an hour, seemingly all tied to ~60 new/previously-unknown apps, has piqued my curiosity. Maybe EA has had a change of heart. :p

That would be pretty awesome if they did. I wonder what it could be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom