• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Getting rid of my last cards I have. People are really still buying them. But I miss times where you got 20-30 cents for each.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes! A winner is me!

Thank you, Saorise.
Thanks for Gravity. I'm sure it'll keep me grounded.
Danke sehr.
Thanks for the free game :D

No worries. :)

ClassyPenguin, RIP. I hope he wasn't perma'd...

JaseC I have never heard of any of the games in that giveaway, but it's awesome nevertheless!

Aw. :( Now why will bump the Saoirse Ronan appreciation thread so I'm not just talking to myself?

Unfortunately, FFVIII (like VII) is not available in Japan :(

Have someone gift it to you. You may need to use Spotflux to activate it, though.

Edit:
Only a week, he'll be back soon enough.

hannagood.gif

Tizoc

Well, Typing Overkill works on Win8, at least. I'd rather be using my desktop though. Ah well.

Thoughts and stuff:
  • Story is hilarious, in the best grindhouse way
  • Not NEARLY as hard as TotD Dreamcast, but still stupid fun
  • What DOES the G stand for?

Genocide,
m*#&$%#$@%er.

Deques

New Groupees build a bundle

http://groupees.com/shinyloot

Children of the Nile Complete - Steam
Hinterland - Steam
The Lunar Pack (Lunnye Devisty and Wake) - Steam
The Few - Greenlight
Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land - Greenlight
Little Trus Man - Greenlight
Creeper World
Creeper World 2
Kingdom Elemental

JaseC

New Groupees build a bundle

http://groupees.com/shinyloot

Children of the Nile Complete - Steam
Hinterland - Steam
The Lunar Pack (Lunnye Devisty and Wake) - Steam
The Few - Greenlight
Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land - Greenlight
Little Trus Man - Greenlight
Creeper World
Creeper World 2
Kingdom Elemental

It's worth noting that the keys you get are for the Shiny Loot store, so you need to redeem them first in order to obtain the Steam keys.

Edit: More spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Children of the Nile Complete -- MB-308D60B44A84583E - Taken by DyslexicAlucard
Lunnye Devitsy plus Wake -- MB-D53538D905B70474 - Taken by Milamber
Hinterland -- MB-A18EC1E46085824F - Taken by NingenJanai

It's worth noting that the keys you get are for the Shiny Loot store, so you need to redeem them first in order to obtain the Steam keys.

Edit: More spares:

I guess I need to start posting here more ^_^.

I read it a lot, but I almost never post.

Edit: apparently I had enough posts! Thanks as always, JaseC!

JaseC

The Bundlebandits games have been listed:

1. Fjong (Desura,Not on Greenlight)
2. Puddle (Steam)
3. The A.typical RPG (Desura, Not on Greenlight)
4. Reversion Part 2 (Desura, Part one on Greenlight?)
5. Dr Bulbaceous (Desura, Not on Greenlight)
6. Dead Hungry Diner (Steam)
7. Paradigm Shift (Desura, On Greenlight)

No idea when it starts. Seems like all this for $1.

I finally got children of the nile. A lot of memories wrapped up in that little game.

Here is the spare, Wake is pretty decent.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wake and Lunnye -- MB-ABA1F8299B195695 - Taken by Deques

Lingitiz

Getting ready to write some GOTY stuff so I've been on a gaming binge. I've got till Friday so I should be able to squeeze some time in. I've got the following on my list but what should I prioritize?

Rogue Legacy
COJ Gunslinger
Brothers
Antichamber

wazoo

I doubt it, but I wouldn't mind Halo Wars on PC with the original control scheme intact and a KB+M one for everyone else. Doesn't matter to me, I still have a Halo PC CD lying around.

Halo Wars ?

They killed Ensemble Studios. We do not even have Age of Mythologies on gog or steam.

Sajjaja

Was there a Humble Total War Bundle? I feel like there was but my brain is telling me that would be too much of a deal to be real.

Halo Wars ?

They killed Ensemble Studios. We do not even have Age of Mythologies on gog or steam.

RIP Ensemble Studios =(

They made fantastic games. But I really wanted Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds on a DD of some sort. I'm using my old burnt copy from my friend from like 12 years ago lol.

Why did MS off Ensemble Studios anyway?

As the story goes...

The manager for the division that included Ensemble had a bonus structure that was based off net revenue. By closing Ensemble he was able to cut off all R&D expenses while maximizing net revenue in the short run. By killing FASA and Ensemble he made a significant amount of money at the expense of all of the game designers, fans, employees and, of course, to the express net loss of Microsoft. He killed a company with an estimated worth of $500 million dollars for his own benefit. To the good, and for the edification of MBAs everywhere, he made enough from the decisions that he came out ahead personally.

On the plus side this cunning move gave the world "words with friends". So you know, circle of life and all that.

Arthea

Endless Space:
I start my little empire on normal to have it easy for starters, and less than 20 turns in I have plague spreading through galaxy and enemy fleet (4 defenders) attacking my new colony, when total number of ships in my empire are 3?! and nowhere near my outpost. Are they kidding me?
I could had 4 ships probably, if I wasn't concentrating on expanding. But then again, I would have hard time regardless.
I have to reroll, and rethink my strategy, will leave that for later.
I'm impressed with this game so far. (><)

Cade

Getting ready to write some GOTY stuff so I've been on a gaming binge. I've got till Friday so I should be able to squeeze some time in. I've got the following on my list but what should I prioritize?

Rogue Legacy
COJ Gunslinger
Brothers
Antichamber

Either of the top two. Some of the best games in years.

Rogue Legacy
COJ Gunslinger
Brothers
Antichamber

Rogue Legacy was on my personal goty top 10. The rest are good games, but I don't think they are really in the same discussion.

Lingitiz

Either of the top two. Some of the best games in years.

Rogue Legacy was on my personal goty top 10. The rest are good games, but I don't think they are really in the same discussion.

I'll likely go with Rogue Legacy first then. That's some high praise for Gunslinger. Hopefully I can get to it. Right now my list is looking like:

The Swapper - best piece of sci fi in games
Path of Exile
FE Awakening
AC4

I'll try to get as deep as I can into Rogue Legacy. Brothers might be worth finishing too since it's ~3 hrs.

Path of Exile

I tried Path of Exile and had to bail out pretty quickly. I could see that game being a big problem in terms of hours lost and didn't want to go there.

In terms of steam, make sure you have also checked out Cook Serve Delicious, Papers Please, Volgarr and depending on how you classify 2013, Spelunky and Don't Starve.

JaseC

Ugh, It's highly unlikely we get Banished this December.

It'd be nice if he threw people a bone by putting it up on Early Access, but I understand that unless you price your game inordinately high during the pre-release period (e.g. Planetary Annihilation and its $90 alpha/$60 beta), an EA release tends to bring in a lot of noise.

Lingitiz

I tried Path of Exile and had to bail out pretty quickly. I could see that game being a big problem in terms of hours lost and didn't want to go there.

In terms of steam, make sure you have also checked out Cook Serve Delicious, Papers Please, Volgarr and depending on how you classify 2013, Spelunky and Don't Starve.

Yeah I've been on and off with PoE for pretty much the whole year. It's a fantastic game in so many respects that I'll be playing for a long time, but I don't know if I can call it my GOTY over The Swapper. Definitely going to have to give it some thought.

I really enjoyed Papers Please, but maybe not enough for a top 5 slot. I definitely want to give Volgaar and CSD a shot but there probably won't be enough time unfortunately. I wish my site's GOTY stuff could be later on but I don't call the shots sadly.

I really wanted to get into EU4 for this stuff after spending a few hours learning it, but I really need about a week of solid dedicated playing to even begin to have an opinion on it.

JaseC

Do we know where the team went ?

It could be a matter of resurfacing somewhere under a different name.

Bonfire Studios, Newtoy, Robot Entertainment and Windstorm Studios are all at least partially composed of ex-Ensemble employees.

Do we know where the team went ?

It could be a matter of resurfacing somewhere under a different name.

Two main places. Some went to die through different paths to the big Zynga cloud in the sky.

But others went to Robot Entertainment who made Orcs must die 1 and 2. That is where you would look for something to happen one day.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

Rouge legacy is way better.

Can I move a ModBot post here by removing the old one by editing it and then add here?

The correct way is to register the keys again with Modbot and create a new post. Stump Modbot will get mad at you if you edit it out manually.

Rogue Legacy
COJ Gunslinger
Brothers
Antichamber

COJ Gunslinger is like 6 hours long, you can start with that.

Arthea

Does anybody even cares about GOTY lists anymore?
I mean industry grew so much, and usually GOTY lists ignore whole genres of games and concentrate on most popular games. And amongst popular ones everybody already knows what's good what's not, that's what being popular means.
And illogicality of it all: if a game is the best this year, how come it's not the best in its genre or on a certain platform.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I mean industry grew so much, and usually GOTY lists ignore whole genres of games and concentrate on most popular games. And amongst popular ones everybody already knows what's good what's not, that's what being popular means.
And illogicality of it all: if a game is the best this year, how come it's not the best in its genre or on a certain platform.

I don't, but just in case someone else does my GOTY is The Swapper :D

I only care to see if there are some games that skipped my radar and might be worth a look, but I don't care at all about what game is at what position on the list.

Anteater

I haven't even played half of those games nominated so I can't say I care, it's one of the reasons why I don't participate on those gaf goty voting stuff too, it's not like I've played all those games to judge, it's popularity contest, people will vote for that 1 favorite game even when that's all they've played.

I very much care...from certain people. I want to know if there is an amazing game I missed out on.

Even when posting one you get people saying "did you play xyz?" Which can help you find a great game.

From big sites? Well yes, I agree I couldn't care less.

Rouge legacy is way better.

Wow that is a new one!

Jawmuncher

I very much care...from certain people. I want to know if there is an amazing game I missed out on.

Even when posting one you get people saying "did you play xyz?" Which can help you find a great game.

From big sites? Well yes, I agree I couldn't care less.

Wow that is a new one!

That's a good point.
Had Hotline Miami not popped up on GOTY lists and the like here on GAF I would have never given the game a chance. It's easily one of my favorite games ever.

Arthea

Ya, gamers' lists (depending on person) can be interesting and point out some games I missed, I was talking about "official" ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom