• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Acti was nice enough to make Wolf09 a Daily just weeks before the game was pulled (I'm surprised Bethesda hasn't bothered to work something out with Acti, as it did with Quake 4, considering the impending release of New Order). Pity this same courtesy wasn't extended to the James Bond games.

JaseC

I doubt it, but I wouldn't mind Halo Wars on PC with the original control scheme intact and a KB+M one for everyone else. Doesn't matter to me, I still have a Halo PC CD lying around.

Making Halo Wars an X360 exclusive is definitely one of the dumbest decisions Microsoft has ever made.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Halo Trilogy released on Steam...

...as Win8 exclusives. :p

I'm currently running WIndows 7, because I didn't bother updating to Windows 8. I bought it (3 keys, to be more exact), but I just didn't have a reason to install it.

I wouldn't mind Win 8 exclusivity for Microsoft games. I didn't mind Halo 2 being Vista exclusive. I didn't even bother with the fact that there was no reason for the exclusivity, since it was patched to work on XP the moment it came out.

I just wish those games DID come out on PC.

Turfster

I'm currently running WIndows 7, because I didn't bother updating to Windows 8. I bought it (3 keys, to be more exact), but I just didn't have a reason to install it.

I wouldn't mind Win 8 exclusivity for Microsoft games. I didn't mind Halo 2 being Vista exclusive. I didn't even bother with the fact that there was no reason for the exclusivity, since it was patched to work on XP the moment it came out.

I just wish those games DID come out on PC.
Vista exculsivity was the work of the devil. But yeah, it would be nice to have PC versions at all.

Card Boy

Banned
To be fair its very basic so putting it on PC barely made sense.

Believe me it would be better and the jump would be bigger thank your think. Imagine;

• Able to hotkey / group units
  • Able to use short cuts
  • Speed of mouse and keyboard controls
  • Able to quick navigate from the mini-map
  • 60FPS
  • 1080P
  • Better textures
  • AA
  • No XBL
Better visuals lead to a better gaming output when it comes to FPS and RTS, units and enemies are more identifiable when they are not a blurry or jaggy mess blending into their surroundings.

Momentary

Banned
12/13/2013 - Teslagrad - Adventure - Rain Games/Rain Games - $9.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

Damn... They are really doing a bad job at spreading the word on this game I want so bad.

Turfster

The games for the Bundle Bandits bundle are known.
  • A.Typical RPG
  • Dead Hungry Diner (Steam)
  • Dr. Bulbaceous
  • Fjong
  • Paradigm Shift
  • Puddle (Steam)
  • Reversion (Greenlight)

You should replace XBL with PSN. PSN is worse.

Get out of here with that console wars bullshit.

cj_iwakura

Well, Typing Overkill works on Win8, at least. I'd rather be using my desktop though. Ah well.

Thoughts and stuff:
  • Story is hilarious, in the best grindhouse way
  • Not NEARLY as hard as TotD Dreamcast, but still stupid fun
  • What DOES the G stand for?

Grief.exe

Watching the Broken Age interview again, Joel and Tim would have been a much better hosting combination than Joel and Geoff.

They just played off each other so much more naturally, and could have still kept the same, theoretical, dynamic where Tim is the industry vet and Joel provides color.
Geoff could have still been involved, just had him off stage doing some interviews and introducing new segments.

Omega

Banned
Believe me it would be better and the jump would be bigger thank your think. Imagine;

• Able to hotkey / group units
  • Able to use short cuts
  • Speed of mouse and keyboard controls
  • Able to quick navigate from the mini-map
  • 60FPS
  • 1080P
  • Better textures
  • AA
  • No XBL
Better visuals lead to a better gaming output when it comes to FPS and RTS, units and enemies are more identifiable when they are not a blurry or jaggy mess blending into their surroundings.

it doesn't even need all that to have been a completely different game.

95% of the people had no idea how to micro. they would just send their units somewhere and have them battle it out

Maybe the game would have been more than just tanks and Arbiters with people who actually know how to play RTS

I've been playing through Fallout New Vegas as a stress reliever during finals, horrifying as they may be. I need something to veg out over to unwind :p

On that note, which DLC made the Legion Assassins so gorram strong? I do not remember them hitting this hard before in the vanilla version. Now they all have power sledges and submachine guns. o_o I had a roaming group of them decimate the NCR checkpoint outside Nelson during the hostage rescue quest, it was bonkers. Afterwards it was just me, Boone, Ranger Milo, and two of the hostages alive.

WavekSra

My first giveaway :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for WavekSra:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! 2 -- MB-9E62851FC6C9342C - Taken by inm8num2. 6 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-FC080AF001148ED5 - Taken by jwtsonga. 1 entrants total.

t1386568975z1.png

JaseC

Some spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defy Gravity -- MB-EBBAB05DD1A4FC18 - Taken by KenOD
Bad Bots -- MB-2A581E98FDC763AF - Taken by Flandy
Who's That Flying -- MB-ED03578E6298BBAE - Taken by Sajjaja
Rush Bros -- MB-F3E253F5644114CC - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
rush bros and Who's That Flying are two games I never even heard of before, but I have to admit my interest is is there now with such reviews as "WUBWUBWUB: The game" and "This game is a good bit of dumb fun" respectfully.

Some spares:

Thanks for Gravity. I'm sure it'll keep me grounded.

rush bros and Who's That Flying are two games I never even heard of before, but I have to admit my interest is is there now with such reviews as "WUBWUBWUB: The game" and "This game is a good bit of dumb fun" respectfully.

Played Rush Bros. at WonderCon. Was very impressive, and the devs are super.

Knurek

Yeah, Indie Royale is good for discovering games like that. Stuff you wouldn't have bought even on a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom