• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got it as well even though I have no idea if or when I will play it. But that's the fun of a Steam account!

Edit: Now owning all the Max Payne games but never having played any of them, does it matter what order I play them in? I'm guessing it doesn't.
If you want to understand the story, then I'd say it matters. Play them in order, they are all awesome.

It sort of does, if you want a full understanding of Max's internal dialogue and motives you should play them in order. And from a gameplay perspective it would be hard to go back to MP1 after 2 because MP2 is absolutely superb.
I still think MP1 is the best of the bunch. That atmosphere is unmatched, and I must be one of the 5 people who liked the dream sequences.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have to feel bad for these developers.

Indie Royale is the site where you have to pay above the average as opposed to paying one dollar. Imagine how little developers make on sites like Humble Bundle or Groupees.
Nobody forces them to put their games in bundles. There's no reason to feel bad for them.

topyy

How does that even work? You get the bundle for less or do you get more keys?

I only want Fuel :/

During the happy hour HIGH TIER gift purchases are discounted ( gifts are purchases made with the "Is it a gift" checkbox selected ) You have to do a NEW gift purchase during HappyHour time to take advantage of this offer ( even if you previously bought the current IG bundle ). Happy Hour is a moment during the bundle in which when you buy a HIGH TIER* gift, you have bonus (read as free) HIGH TIER* gift(s) whose numbers depend on when you ( and if you ) ALREADY purchased the bundle HIGH TIER* . If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle during the 1st week, during an Happy Hour you'll be able to purchase 1 gift and receive 1 + 3 gifts. If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle after the 1st week, you'd receive 1+2 HIGH TIER* gifts. If you didn't purchase yet the HIGH TIER* bundle, you'd get 1+1 HIGH TIER* gifts. Remember to check the GIFT checkbox to get advantage of HappyHour. * If the sale has 2 Tiers HIGH TIER is Tier 2. If the sale has 3 Tiers HIGH TIER is Tier 3.

average price is about 1.8~1.9$ for full bundle when happyhour is on.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How does that even work? You get the bundle for less or do you get more keys?

I only want Fuel :/

Happy hour allows you to buy a Gift version of the bundle and, deppending on when you bought the exact same bundle before (and paid above average), you'll get more copies of said gift.

So, if you bought the bundle, above average, on the first week, when happy hour comes, if you buy a gift for it, you'll receive 4 gifts of the bundle.

If you bought it on the second week forward, you'll get 3 copies of the bundle when purchasing a bundle.

If you didn't buy the bundle at all, but when happy hour comes, you buy a Gift version of the bundle, you'll receive 2 gifts of the entire bundle.

They usually increase the price of the bundle to 7 dollars. Still, it's a better price per copy of the gift. Besides that, my cousin doesn't buy any Steam games and I give her all my extra keys, so I have a place for the extra Gift copy.

Decado

I just wish so bad there was a mod or something to let me play Max Payne 3 in full without being interrupted by the cutscenes. .
I don't get the flak the game gets over this issue. The cut scenes are essentially loading screens. w/o the cut scenes, you'd have loading screens. Also, you can usually skip all or parts many cut scenes.

I wouldn't be able to go back to earlier max payne games. The lack of skin/model damage made them barely playable for the time...now they'd just look like a joke.

So Dust: An Elysian Tail is pretty ace so far. It is not too hard, I normally play games on Normal, but I went Tough with this one. I can't imagine playing this and the saves healing you. Tough makes you be more careful, and manage food better.

Turfster

I don't get the flak the game gets over this issue. The cut scenes are essentially loading screens. w/o the cut scenes, you'd have loading screens. Also, you can usually skip all or parts many cut scenes.
Am I right in thinking the people that have no problem with the (content of the) cut scenes never saw Man on Fire? That's pretty much the only reason I can think of for it. I'd have much rather had static loading screens.

I wouldn't be able to go back to earlier max payne games. The lack of skin/model damage made them barely playable for the time...now they'd just look like a joke.

As the owner of an SSD, I could really care less.

derExperte

Am I right in thinking the people that have no problem with the cut scenes never saw Man on Fire? That's pretty much the only reason I can think of for it. I'd have much rather had static loading screens.

MoF is one of my favorites and I think I liked MP3 because of that. But I don't know if I'll ever replay the game while this...

The lack of skin/model damage made them barely playable for the time...now they'd just look like a joke.

...is utter madness. MP2 to this day is extremely replayable and may be the best looking 10 year old game, I love every second.

Dibbz

The only cutscene that masks loading is the first of every chapter. The rest do nothing but you can't skip them unless you are in arcade mode. Explain that one.

How is Typing of the Dead: Overkill? That GMG sale is really testing my impulse to buy it and annoy the family with sweet overtures from my Cherry Blues.

zkylon

zkylewd

it's super annoying because it kills any sense you could have of driving the game's pace yourself. like every single fucking door has to have a stupid cutscene of max opening, it's awful.

the fact that the script is so condescendingly awful doesn't really help either

the game would've been 10x better with no cutscenes, period. lemme open doors by my own for fucks sake

cj_iwakura

How is Typing of the Dead: Overkill? That GMG sale is really testing my impulse to buy it and annoy the family with sweet overtures from my Cherry Blues.

I can't tell you, it doesn't run on XP. :( It gets a kernel32.dll error.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I tried the one here for XCOM, but it has some kind of proprietary software from Sega which looks for a kernel32, so Sara's zernel32 won't work.

The game is chock-full of unskippable cutscenes well after it's done loading.

maneil99

I can't tell you, it doesn't run on XP. :( It gets a kernel32.dll error.

Does anyone know of a workaround? I tried the one here for XCOM, but it has some kind of proprietary software from Sega which looks for a kernel32, so Sara's zernel32 won't work.

Why are you still on Xp?

FloatOn

It doesn't have the charm of the dreamcast typing of the dead that's for sure. The grindhouse aesthetic is novel at first but then you get kind of tired of hearing the word "motherfucker" every .5 seconds.

Since it's the only game of it's kind on steam at the moment I would say that it's worth it.

DukeBobby

Fable III got yanked from Steam a few days back. No one appears to have talked about that. Goodbye Fable III.

yjIpLpr.jpg

Tenrius

Fable III got yanked from Steam a few days back. No one appears to have talked about that. Goodbye Fable III.

I wonder if this is connected to the fact that they weren't able to provide people with keys for a whole month. Glad I was able to snag it before it got pulled though, I'm still interested in that game for some reason, even after all the negativity it got and with that horrible PC perfomance.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
MS doing good work then. Fable 3 is unfathomably atrocious, one of the worst games I've ever played. Good riddance.

I wonder why. Maybe they will add another version without the gfwl and other stuff. btw how did you know it got taken out? Did you search for it or is it something specific that lets you know something got taken out?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder why. Maybe they will add another version without the gfwl and other stuff. btw how did you know it got taken out? Did you search for it or is it something specific that lets you know something got taken out?

This SPUF thread is dedicated to keeping track of games that have been removed from Steam. You can also poke about the Steam registry itself using SteamDB -- for instance, here's Fable 3:

Lain

Valdis Story is great and all, but it needs a better way to go back to the main menu than what it does now.

Tagyhag

Eh, it wasn't Fable II (which I still want on PC *hmph*) so whatever.

Rest in peace, Big Fizzle.

Yo I never understood why people liked II more than III. What was better about it? The cripplingly easy difficulty? The amazing final boss?

I think the only thing it did better was the dog, and that part of the game was still always mediocre.

What the hell? The only other game at the time that was doing model damage was Soldier of Fortune. Maybe KingPin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom