• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

Still poking at it to make sure I've got all the glitches. You might experience some delays or issues right now, I'll contact you again when I'm sure it's working.

Great thanks, I just received the second giveaway from ModBot. I'll hold of until I receive the all clear.

Anteater

I know. Well I'm already very happy for reaching Anor Londo. That felt great since Sen's Fortress was the worst for me but I was very lucky this time around!

I fell to my death the most in the game, so Sen's Fortress was pretty bad for me, those silly blades still give me trouble, but strangely it's my favorite area after blight town

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

game test key (not a real key) -- MB-3D5EA83307AB4A04 - Taken by Stumpøkapow

ignore this please

VoidZero

Banned
Thanks for the link fellow GAFfer. I'm a Pyro, but I'm almost sure I messed up a bit my build. Which is okay since so far I'm able to wield heavier swords but I can also use one soul arrow here and there.
Do you have the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and the Ring of Fog, equipping both reduces the aggro range immensely. You still have to defeat the one on the right, but it's a little easier to get close to him.

DukeBobby

Y'know, Prison Break isn't the worst game ever. Sure, the stealth and fighting mechanics suck, but it's worth the £0.99 I paid for it.

JakeD

Wait. Can i play dark souls only in offline mode with games for windows live down? Couldnt log into super street fighter and dark souls.

another question i have re: dark souls and GFWL... i am a few hours into dark souls, and i am using my online account. should i just start over with an offline account? or are online account saves safe when GFWL goes down?

derExperte

After completing Puddle my new indie game of the day is Race The Sun. I'm not getting very far but the music and graphics are very soothing and the gameplay seems to have some depth to it. Plus unlocking stuff is always nice. Glad I picked it up during that Not-on-Steam sale.

It's immensely frustrating how you have to accept some trade offers using a proper browser while others will only work if accepted through the Steam client proper, and in almost all cases an error message will pop up even though the confirmation actually went through.

Oh, and I still can't invite people to groups using Fire/Waterfox.

You need to check out Cyberfox, much better proper 64-bit browser without the serious memory leakage issues of water and vanilla.

Nzyme32

another question i have re: dark souls and GFWL... i am a few hours into dark souls, and i am using my online account. should i just start over with an offline account? or are online account saves safe when GFWL goes down?

Good question, I'd also like to know this. I was going to start over offline but I have no idea what will be happening

Stumpøkapow;93197257 said:
Looking into why ModBot failed to edit the FF7 giveaway

So it looks like it wasn't a failed edit, it just didn't find the post to edit at all, which could be a unicode glitch. Rats. Hmm. Will keep investigating.

I love that you made ModBot talk in the first person. It'll make him so much easier to understand when he is our overlord.

Any idea when is steam coming back? :(

3.5 minutes

this is worse than asking when a sale starts

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm assuming the thread number will reset when it's 2014, right?

STEAM 2014 Announcements & Updates I

Parsnip

All the Dark Souls talk reminded me to track this great image down.

dscomic5foew.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom