• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It gets another face if you flip him upside down :O

CtGzQQj.jpg
Guile!

Jawmuncher

Here's my amazing GOTY list that I sent MRORANGE

5. Alien Colonial Marines
4.I Have No Mouth and I must scream
3.DmC
2. Skullgirls
1. Resident Evil 6

Yeah I cheated to hell and back on this list.
3 of the games there released last year or later but I figured i'd include rereleases this year.
Also yes that is Alien's Colonial Marines on there. I had more fun with that game than I did Bioshock Infinite. Hell I found it more fun than Remember Me as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got a bit tired of the game myself, not sure if I want to continue (I'm at the point where you first have to go to Kingston).

Kingston decided to reveal itself on the map for some reason, which put an end to my warehouse cargo farming because I don't want to venture into unexplored grids until the main mission line takes me to them.

Arthea

3.DmC
2. Skullgirls
1. Resident Evil 6

3 of the games there released last year or later but I figured i'd include rereleases this year.
Also yes that is Alien's Colonial Marines on there. I had more fun with that game than I did Bioshock Infinite. Hell I found it more fun than Remember Me as well.

Well first position isn't that surprising, knowing how much you like RE. But most of others are. Especially Colonial Marines.
Remember Me has great ideas from combo programming to mind hacking, I was sure it will be my goty, it is not... :(

Unfortunatelly only in my dreams so far. :(

No worries, I'll vote in your dreams, you never know... (><)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

3.DmC
2. Skullgirls
1. Resident Evil 6

Not sure if serious.

FloatOn

Thanks for the input on the machinarium vs botanicula conundrum doods.

I'm going to play botanicula first I think because I'm fucking awful at adventure games.

Jawmuncher

So there are at least two votes for Skullgirls. ;)

Well first position isn't that surprising, knowing how much you like RE. But most of others are. Especially Colonial Marines.
Remember Me has great ideas from combo programming to mind hacking, I was sure it will be my goty, it is not... :(

Resident Evil 6 and Alien Colonial Marines?

Not sure if serious.

I said it was a weird ass list. I was going with what I have played on PC this year.
But dead serious about RE6 and Aliens Colonial Marines. RE6 just has a great combat system and aside from a few jank campaign levels is a ton of fun. Aliens:CM is more than likely the one causing commotion so let me explain.

First off any game I play I will always judge by they price I bought it for.
I don't care what it was selling for originally or what the budget was. With that said I grabbed Aliens Colonial Marines for 11.99 on amazon. Played it and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was simple, basic, and the story wasn't the best but I still just had a blast with it. I love Aliens and fighting both Humans and Aliens in the same game was a lot of fun. I'm a sucker for three way battles like that.

Lastly I hope Skullgirls is on a good amount of lists. Game is a absolute blast and easily the most fun I have had with a fighter in quite some time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for the input on the machinarium vs botanicula conundrum doods.

I'm going to play botanicula first I think because I'm fucking awful at adventure games.

Machinarium does have a rather novel (and awesome) hint system: for each puzzle you can consult an in-game hint book, but to unlock it you first need to complete a side-scrolling SHMUP mini-game. It's ingenius, really, because it can dissuade turning to the guide solely out of frustration. I'll also echo earlier sentiments that the OST is fantastic.

Milamber

Really interesting interview. Other Day Z fans might want to read it. Only warning is that it's just a collection of image captures from 4chan instead of an article.

What did you expect?

The Mamare Touno 4chan AMA a while back was a surprise too. I'm suspecting foul play afoot.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just Cause 2's multiplayer is kinda fun, if a little sparse. Apparently, you'll be able to script your own missions for people to do. Which will be nice if the community latches on and does more than races/derbys and the like.

I dunno if it's going to get a mod store-status thing like DayZ did for Arma 2, but I was able to get into the beta through a Steam key so it seems they're going to release it next Tuesday or Wednesday on Steam.

3.DmC
2. Skullgirls
1. Resident Evil 6

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Dolor

Oh, and can be bring back Anno 1404/1701, too? :p

Yes to this.

My quick Steam GOTY 2013:

5.Cities in Motion 2
4.Path of Exile
3.Magic 2014
2.Final Fantasy VIII
1.Rome II: Total War

Surprisingly challenging to do. Feel bad for Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing as I just started that, and it is great, and may well have been on this list in a week or two.

Divius

I'd make a top 5 Steam games, but I don't really know what games came out this year nor if I even played 5 games from 2013 enough to rank them.

Arthea

Haha, I have the same problem.

I have even worse problem, I can't finish games anymore!
damn cards

But if I had to go by what I played somewhat, it would be something like this:
1. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
2. 99 spirits
3. Prime World: Defenders
4. Magic 2014
5. Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Not submitting my votes though.

edited: DmC would be in my top 10 too, what I wouldn't have believed before playing some.

kafiend

I'd make a top 5 Steam games, but I don't really know what games came out this year nor if I even played 5 games from 2013 enough to rank them.

I looked at the time played section of my profile and opened the Store Pages for games I thought should be on the list. Had to cut a lot of what I thought were 2013 games though :/

BadWolf

edited: DmC would be in my top 10 too, what I wouldn't have believed before playing some.

Playing it right now and its pretty damn good so far.

The environments especially are fantastic and the gameplay is fun (Dante here feels more like Nero with a set purpose in gameplay design, rather than DMC4 Dante or Bayonetta who pretty much have the kitchen sink thrown at them).

Yes to this.

My quick Steam GOTY 2013:

5.Cities in Motion 2
4.Path of Exile
3.Magic 2014
2.Final Fantasy VIII
1.Rome II: Total War

Surprisingly challenging to do. Feel bad for Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing as I just started that, and it is great, and may well have been on this list in a week or two.
As much as I like Rome 2, I don't think CA put enough work into it for me to put it on the list. The game is beyond broken on launch.

Derrick01

Banned
That's because you're too busy playing classics like Knack on your new PS4 :p

Knack was fun but the real problem is there just hasn't been that much this year that was above average or better. In the last few years I've lowered my standards quite a bit for goty voting and I still struggle to get a full 10 game list. A "steam goty" list is impossible for me since only 3 of my 7 games are even on PC/Steam.

my list was going to include the likes of Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, and Dishonored.

Then I realized that is basically a GOTY 2012 list. Steam prices have made me a year late

By the time GTA4 had come and the disappointment settled in for those that did not like its paring down of the crazier things like jetpacks and tanks, SR2 came by just a few months later and pretty much double downed on being the GTA that those who saw 4 as a step back would like.
The sequels I can understand as there was some appeal to be had there, even if I didn't end up liking 2 or 3 either (nor GTA IV for that matter). The original Saint's Row however...

Dolor

As much as I like Rome 2, I don't think CA put enough work into it for me to put it on the list. The game is beyond broken on launch.

I was disappointed by Rome II's launch as well, but I love the Total War series, and a middling Total War game for me is still better than most games that come out.

That being said, I still believe that if you cut through the performance and technical issues, Rome 2 is the best Total War game to-date. Basically much the same mechanics as other games but bigger and better. I put 60+ hours into it at release and am looking forward to another play-through.

I was disappointed by Rome II's launch as well, but I love the Total War series, and a middling Total War game for me is still better than most games that come out.

That being said, I still believe that if you cut through the performance and technical issues, Rome 2 is the best Total War game to-date. Basically much the same mechanics as other games but bigger and better. I put 60+ hours into it at release and am looking forward to another play-through.
I can't overlook the performance issues since my PC is not powerful, and the AI is real dumb, CA outright lied in their videos.

Dolor

I can't overlook the performance issues since my PC is not powerful, and the AI is real dumb, CA outright lied in their videos.

My understanding was that they were patching a lot of that pretty frequently after release. I ended up doing most of my playing before most of the major patches went live, but my understanding is that much of the worst parts got fixed.

Too bad about your technical issues though.

My understanding was that they were patching a lot of that pretty frequently after release. I ended up doing most of my playing before most of the major patches went live, but my understanding is that much of the worst parts got fixed.

Too bad about your technical issues though.
Worst parts got fixed, but there are still a lot of work to do. And now an expansion is announced...

Turfster

It looked interesting back then when it wasn't greenlit, but not "$7.50 interesting".

I'll pass for now.

First time I saw it, it vaguely reminded me of this. The memories...

Also... Yet another new bundle site with somewhat horrifying site design. This one has greenlight games and desura keys at least, but still...

The first games in the series would be the obvious answer. (I hope not) We'll find out in 4 hours.

Really hope that's not the case. It makes more sense to have the first game, with the 2nd in a series being the bonus. The only benefit to the other way around is increasing game ModBot count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom