• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Radiation can cause things to glow, Chernobyl was the site of a nuclear meltdown and still has radiation hotspots even 30 years later.

lol
ya, I should have thought about that
thanks

It was a pun about Stalker, not the Cartel.
Stalker takes place is Pripyat, where the Chernobyl power plant was.

Already understood my mistake, after nice people pointing out Chernobyl.
Dunno why I thought it was about the Cartel. (><)

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aztaka -- MB-8DDA13D397B516C1 - Taken by JakeD

Here you go guys,its a nice game,have fun

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can someone explain glowing reviews joke?
I don't get reference :(

Er-Shadows of Chernobyl?

Turfster said:
It all comes down to numbers.
First, people need to craft badges, which will probably be happening more in the run up to and during the sale. Second, you need a high level yourself to have more chances.

Well, I could craft the badge for X-com now if the Booster didn't give me two dupes. I'm missing three for that set right now. :/ And I've got like 2 dupes in that set.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, I don't want to push my luck and ultimately sell it for $2 or less. I currently have it listed at $12, which, assuming success, will put $10.44 in my virtual pocket.

First a positive response from a publisher and now this:

Dear nofuckingidea,

An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to RK. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 10.44 USD.

What a great night!

Turfster

Well, I could craft the badge for X-com now if the Booster didn't give me two dupes. I'm missing three for that set right now. :/ And I've got like 2 dupes in that set.

Sell the dupes and buy the cheapest missing cards with them.
It might take some sniping/refreshing, but you should be able to pick them up with a minimum investment of (other card) money of your own.

cicero

I know it was already talked about but LOLZ at that Jack Keane discount on steam.
Guys a legend now after the GOG Insomnia Sale. Though I don't think anyone is going to buy that game still.
The day the last three GOG Holiday promos started.
December 14, 2010
December 12, 2011
December 12, 2012

IT'S COMING.

TheSeks

Well, the thing is: I haven't sold the summer cards or other dupes in the store at all. Selling them for $.05 you'd think someone would want them, but NOPE. :/

And I'm stubborn, I refuse to buy cards if I can get boosters. The problem is being level 10 now/eligible for boosters, the rate they drop sucks.

Nabs

Well, the thing is: I haven't sold the summer cards or other dupes in the store at all. Selling them for $.05 you'd think someone would want them, but NOPE. :/

And I'm stubborn, I refuse to buy cards if I can get boosters. The problem is being level 10 now/eligible for boosters, the rate they drop sucks.

Use trading bots to get rid of the cards you don't want and to pick up the cards you're missing. http://backpack.tf/cardswap and http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?inventory

Grief.exe

Sell the dupes, buy the ones you need. Your net loss will be negligible.

Yep, it would take like 5 replays of Crysis 1 + Warhead to purge that shit from my memory. Even Crysis 2 was better than it.

And Crysis 2 was horrible....

Xanathus

The bow made the game for me, even though it's rather overpowered.

Yep, it would take like 5 replays of Crysis 1 + Warhead to purge that shit from my memory. Even Crysis 2 was better than it.

Aside from the standard complaints of it being super-linear, the biggest complaint I have is that the stealth mechanic is completely dumb. All of the enemies are capable of spotting you from extremely far distances and they seem to have a 180 degree viewing angle. The only way for them to not spot you is to be behind them or be cloaked, so playing it as a stealth game becomes a shitty game of placing obstacles between you and the enemy and waiting for your energy to regenerate. I eventually got sick of it and just played it as a boring standard first-person shooter which is apparently how they designed the game.

I got burned by buying Crysis 2 at full price because I enjoyed the multiplayer, and even then I'd agree that 2 was several standard deviations better than 3.

nexen

Crysis 1 took a stupidly long time to click with me, but when it did - oh man was it an absolute joy to play.

Crysis 2 felt like such a step down.

RS4-

FTFY.

Crysis 1 and Warhead are so clunky. Haven't bothered with the Origin bundled 2 yet.

Haha, I didn't mind Crysis that much; well ok, it does get really stale pretty fast, and annoying when the aliens show up; the ai is just bad all around when they can spot you from across the island.

Crysis series is trash after the first few hours then!

Derrick01

Banned
Crysis 2 was amazing. Y'all were just hurt that a city Crysis was executed well. I still prefer the jungle though.

I would love a city themed Crysis but it wasn't Crysis 2. That was just an excuse to make the game more closed off for the weak consoles to handle it. Personally when I saw that city in killzone shadow fall it made me wish the entire game took place in that city and it was entirely open.

TheSeks

Use trading bots to get rid of the cards you don't want and to pick up the cards you're missing. http://backpack.tf/cardswap and http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?inventory

They both have one of the cards I'm missing, but a friend also has one I'm missing. So... :/

Nabs said:
Clunky? How?

-Unoptimized, even in 2013 (of course this is Crytek...)
-Weapon parts system is nice... but having to find the weapon parts by complete luck/chance is crazy (I wouldn't have found a sniper scope if an FAQ for a level didn't say to look for it, for instance)
-Combat is... uh... not really satisfying, double-so on Hard where you aren't able to use suit abilities for long. Add in the traditional "aimbot" AI and yeah...
-Way too much shit that isn't needed and is only there because PC/keyboard. (Binos especially) Because...
-Enemies spawn all over you, FarCry 2 (yes, no Crytek I know)-style. "Oh, you want to flank around them via Stealth because you are outnumbered!? TOO BAD MOTHERFUCKER! *spawns enemies on top of you*"

Didn't enjoy my time with 1/Warhead. Played them for the story but kinda regret spending time on them.

Well that VTOL section towards the end was a nightmare regardless of control scheme. Other than that I preferred the slight openess of the first and Warhead.

Oh, and this especially. Doesn't even have a reasonable control scheme. I had to resort to devmode/cheating to get through that level even with a controller plugged in because the scheme is AWFUL.

Nabs

Good thing Origin supports Family Sharing due to how rarely it gets logged into and how little value accounts have.

iBcexTwbKsGxx.gif

Just finished Crysis 3. Graphically it's amazing but the gameplay is a huge piece of shit. Do not buy for more than $5.
I thought the gameplay mechanics and controls were fine, it was just dull as shit once the aliens came into the picture and the story sucked. If it had been nothing but hunting CELL down, I'd actually feel the inclination to play it again.

Of course, I think it's significant that the Crysis games are at their best when they feature human enemies. Crytek couldn't make entertaining/interesting alien enemies if their lives were on the line.

They both have one of the cards I'm missing, but a friend also has one I'm missing. So... :/

-Unoptimized, even in 2013 (of course this is Crytek...)
-Weapon parts system is nice... but having to find the weapon parts by complete luck/chance is crazy (I wouldn't have found a sniper scope if an FAQ for a level didn't say to look for it, for instance)
-Combat is... uh... not really satisfying, double-so on Hard where you aren't able to use suit abilities for long. Add in the traditional "aimbot" AI and yeah...
-Way too much shit that isn't needed and is only there because PC/keyboard. (Binos especially) Because...
-Enemies spawn all over you, FarCry 2 (yes, no Crytek I know)-style. "Oh, you want to flank around them via Stealth because you are outnumbered!? TOO BAD MOTHERFUCKER! *spawns enemies on top of you*"

Didn't enjoy my time with 1/Warhead. Played them for the story but kinda regret spending time on them.

Oh, and this especially. Doesn't even have a reasonable control scheme. I had to resort to devmode/cheating to get through that level even with a controller plugged in because the scheme is AWFUL.

Crytek is great at optimizations. Crysis 2 looks and runs better than The Witcher 2 and League of Legends does on my PC. Those two games can drop to 50fps at times(excluding ubersampling in witcher 2), but I do not drop from 60fps in Crysis 2 max.

TheSeks

Crytek is great at optimizations. Crysis 2 looks and runs better than The Witcher 2 and League of Legends does on my PC. Those two games can drop to 50fps at times(excluding ubersampling in witcher 2), but I do not drop from 60fps in Crysis 2 max.

I'm talking Crysis 1/Warhead. 2 is optimized, yeah. I blame that on them having to reign in their design focus for consoles. It's crazy how a 2007 "unoptimized" title still has drops and framerate judders in 2013 on a system that can run Battlefield 4 just fine.

Crysis 2> Crysis 1 tbh. I can see why ppl liked Crysis 1 but I did not enjoy it whatsoever.

Far-Cry1> Crysis 1 while were at it.
Crytek have always had a knack for ruining their games by introducing a significantly lamer enemy type partway through the game but Far Cry's was the worst. Never have I seen such a drop in enjoyability as I have the moment Trigens were introduced shortly into it. Wow, mutant monkeys that lunge linearly towards you and instantly kill you if you have no armour and kill you in two hits if you do. Rockets from those Cyberdemon Hulk hybrids had a radius of like a mile, you just couldn't get out of the splash.

Grief.exe

Wasteland 2 interview. Looks like the beta is coming this week.

VG247: [Laughs] Let’s kick off with where you guys are at right now.

Fargo: “There’s two priorities. One is to get the beta out into our backer’s hands by [this] week. They’ve helped us shape this game up until now, with things like the UI on the main game screen. We’ve made five iterations back and forth with the audience and they helped make it better than it would have been otherwise, and so we’re going to take that same – and everybody talks about it, but it’s really true – how the fan interaction can make things better if you’re a good listener.

“So one is to get that into their hands so we can start getting feedback, and of course the other half of production is to not slow down so we can keep marching toward getting the product done. But this week is a critical one because it’s the first time people are going to be able to get their hands on it and play it.”

Hey guys. Steam ID thread doesn't seem to be terribly active, so, posting my id here.

I backed Broken Age (I'm an old 90s adventure game guy), play a lot of Skyrim, playing Starbound and getting into some multi when it comes up. Probably OldGAF (I'm mid 30s).

Feel free to add me and I'll do likewise.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bigwinnerx

denx

Could someone buy DA:O Ultimate Edition for me please? The Ultimate Edition is not available in my region. I can't paypal, but I can repay with a game of similar value or with TF2 keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom