• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

eh like I said, I can't paypal money. Only way I can think of to buy Prey from someone overseas is to talk with some people on my Steam friends list who can paypal money so they act as middlemen during the transaction. Or do the deal personally if the person buying the game accepts payment in TF2 keys or Steam games and such.

edit: also, reposting for new page: Could someone buy DA:O Ultimate Edition for me please? The Ultimate Edition is not available in my region. I can't paypal, but I can repay with a game of similar value or with TF2 keys.

Martian

Did Starbound release? Apparently it released on december 4th, didn't know that.

Is it any good? I loved Terraria, so I am hoping for an awesome sequel.

derExperte

Did Starbound release? Apparently it released on december 4th, didn't know that.

Is it any good? I loved Terraria, so I am hoping for an awesome sequel.

All I can say is that it's been in the top 3 most played games on Steam since release and still is. So it can't be too bad.

Backlogger

Happy Wednesday

23XzjDG.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-DE1EA5CAB18B2BA7 - Taken by skullmuffins
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-3422CDF92892024E - Taken by Nzyme32

The_Monk

Daily Ironclad Tactics 50% off

Last time I played this was with derExperte and it was a fun co-op experience but I was needing a better deck of cards in order to proceed on more challenging missions.

I liked the arty style and how the Story is presented in a Comic book style.

bug_42

I just had a pop up saying the controller and box were shipping on the 13th, but I can not seem to find any information.

JakeD

300 out of 421,843...i like those odds!

wait...if the 421k includes people not in the US. does that means my odds are even higher?? i'm definitely getting one if so

Nzyme32

Absolutely gutted that it is now US only. Poor UK :(

Hopefully in the future they can do a bit more planning around these hurdles if there is another beta.

Either way, hope a GAFer is in the 300 and shares all!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That would be bullshit, since they announced the countries that were applicable for the hardware beta.

Valve blames "regulatory hurdles". This seems like something that would have been quickly obvious so I'm not pleased that the detail hasn't come to light until now.

PriitV

Imagine the future where Valve only sells the controllers and boxes in the US, so they wont have to overcome the "regulatory hurdles".

Turfster

Valve blames "regulatory hurdles".

Dammit Gaben, I told you not to put those PS2 missile chips into the box!
(Seriously, fuck this regulation bullshit)

Yeah... The comments are about what I expected.
Hell, if there really is some kind of stupid US law that makes it hard to export the boxes (because admit it, we all know it's something like that), I wouldn't have announced anything and just sent out the beta kits to US people.
There would have been less of a shitstorm.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If I were Valve I would have never even entertained the idea that you foreigners are people, let alone trust you with a precious Steambox.

JaseC

Dammit Gaben, I told you not to put those PS2 missile chips into the box!
(Seriously, fuck this regulation bullshit)

I'd say it wasn't so much a logistical matter as it was a temporal one: Valve bit off more than it could chew with just how many countries were deemed eligible and was caught off-guard by all the legal hoop-jumping.

derExperte

Turfster

I'd say it wasn't so much a logistical matter as it was a temporal one: Valve bit off more than it could chew with just how many countries were deemed eligible and was caught off-guard by all the legal hoop-jumping.

Oh, I wasn't actually expecting to win it (because let's face it, my luck is so bad I must have been some kind of mass murderer in a previous life), but announcing it at this late date doesn't seem like the smartest move they could have made.

JaseC

Oh, I wasn't actually expecting to win it (because let's face it, my luck is so bad I must have been some kind of mass murderer in a previous life), but announcing it at this late date doesn't seem like the smartest move they could have made.

Yeah, I said as much just before -- this is definitely something that could have and should have been announced earlier.

I'm rolling the dice.

Are you referring to the Steam Machine beta? You do realise to "roll the dice" means to take a risk, right? :p

JaseC

Oh man, I kinda guessed that would happen to be US and UK at the least. Dammit.

The country pool should have been limited to half a dozen or so: US, UK, somewhere in Central Europe (Germany?), somewhere in Eastern Europe (Russia?), somewhere in Asia (Japan?), and my physical address here in Western Australia.

Edit: D'oh, forgot to switch tabs. I had a good run. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom