• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope some of you guys will get picked.

image.php

Edit:
So, is Fall of Cybertron from Gamefly Steam or not? I keep getting conflicting reports...

Fall is, War isn't.

3DS + PC is the best place to be right now. I really don't blame people.

It's true, but honestly I'm so used to Steam prices that my 3DS pretty much just plays DS games currently. I just can't stomach $40 for a 3DS game when that buys me 10 games over a holiday sale. And it takes so freaking long for especially the first party Nintendo games to drop in price I won't be playing Zelda on my 3DS until like 2015.

derExperte

It's true, but honestly I'm so used to Steam prices that my 3DS pretty much just plays DS games currently. I just can't stomach $40 for a 3DS game when that buys me 10 games over a holiday sale. And it takes so freaking long for especially the first party Nintendo games to drop in price I won't be playing Zelda on my 3DS until like 2015.

But they keep their resale value. Buy Zelda now, complete and then sell it.

Grief.exe

There are always retails deals, keep your eye on CAG and you can pick most games up for $15-$20.

JaseC

Rust hit the store a few hours ago as an Early Access title and is priced at $20. It's the next game from Facepunch (of Garry's Mod fame).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
There are always retails deals, keep your eye on CAG and you can pick most games up for $15-$20.

Doesn't help me when I don't live in the US, so any Phisical game will cost me 18 dollars in shipping plus whatever the price, AND I decided to go fully digital on the 3DS - Most games would end up costing the same, or almost the same with that kind of shipping, I would have to wait for prices to drop and be lucky enough to not get taxed.

Might as well just buy them for 39,99 when they come out, digitally, and download them without any headaches.

Colin.

If you're fortunate enough to have US pricing. First party Nintendo games rarely get significant discounts here. Need to look out for one off type sales, or wait until it has been out for a long time. So I have a fair amount of restraint when it comes to 3DS games.

Any impressions of Dungeon of the Endless yet? I can't tell it's turn based or real time action from the trailer, but damn the lighting and art style looks fantastic

Also considering Samurai Gunn, but I'm hoping for better deals on both during the big Christmas sale

Call of Juarez regular card (Roy McCall) sold for ~50 cents :O interesting as other drops I got sold are listed for 10ish cents and haven't been bought yet.

Playing a bit Death Rally. It's not as good as the original but it's fun nonetheless.

JaseC

Any impressions of Dungeon of the Endless yet? I can't tell it's turn based or real time action from the trailer, but damn the lighting and art style looks fantastic

Also considering Samurai Gunn, but I'm hoping for better deals on both during the big Christmas sale

The Winter Sale is a week away and both games just released. At best their respective early bird discounts will repeat.

I meant The Cartel as I got it in a bundle and I'm on a mission to play all my library. Though the idea of installing that doesn't seem very attractive after these comments..

Anyway played the first one a bit, I didn't really like the main character and but I kinda warmed towards the game after a bit. There are not that many western games so it's fun to play one - I do own RDR but haven't played it yet. Got stuck though when you need to run out of the town, have fallen like 10 times from the cliff. I'll give it another go later on.

I share your thoughts on the main character but that will soon improve for you if you keep playing :).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Less than an hour until disappointment of not getting a Steam Box

The Winter Sale is a week away and both games just released. At best their respective early bird discounts will repeat.
Yeah I was kind of expecting that too.

So from what I read, DotE is more of tactical strategy game in a sci-fi roguelike setting.
You have heroes and turrets. The turrets fire by themselves and the heroes slash/fire by themselves, too. You can only select the room, not even the position, where they should be. They also cannot fire through doors or anything. It is not an action game, but more strategic.

I think I'll go with Samurai Gunn. I'm only interested in the single player, but it looks very frantic and challenging

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hah, Steam Box Beta ended up being US Only? Just like I predicted. I told you they would never send one of those things to Brazil.

Somebody posted a comment on the official post that they would gladly pay the import taxes to receive one overseas and I would as well. Hell, I'd even pay for the UPS shipping.

But alas, that was never going to happen.

Dolor

• Forced 10.5$

Forced is not-terrible/pretty good aRPG in a very similar style and vein as Torchlight, but it has questionable difficulty spikes in single-player and appears to be more tuned for co-op play. I played it single-player and gave up after about 1.5 hours. I may go back eventually. It's not a bad game, but there's plenty else to play since the Fall sale.

Also, I would wait for a better deal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Forced is not-terrible/pretty good aRPG in a very similar style and vein as Torchlight, but it has questionable difficulty spikes in single-player and appears to be more tuned for co-op play. I played it single-player and gave up after about 1.5 hours. I may go back eventually. It's not a bad game, but there's plenty else to play since the Fall sale.

Also, I would wait for a better deal.

Speaking of decent but not great aRPG games, I played a bit of The Harvest the other night and it was surprisingly okay. It's nice to play a non-fantasy aRPG game. The sad part is that the game is surprisingly short - about 4-6 hours to play through the campaign. The only replay-ability is in trying out the different classes.

But definitely worth picking up on sale if you're a fan of aRPG games.

Speaking of decent but not great aRPG games, I played a bit of The Harvest the other night and it was surprisingly okay. It's nice to play a non-fantasy aRPG game. The sad part is that the game is surprisingly short - about 4-6 hours to play through the campaign. The only replay-ability is in trying out the different classes.

But definitely worth picking up on sale if you're a fan of aRPG games.

Thanks, looks decent. Will keep an eye out for it.

Any impression on how early access Dungeon of the Endless
is? http://store.steampowered.com/app/249050/

kennah

What? its the only sensible thing to do, its going to rare collectible one day and you can use the money to build/upgrade your own PC.

Its not worth it to help to a big company like Valve.

You're going to do well here...

The whole point of the Beta is to make the SteamOS/SteamBox experience better for everyone else... You know.. the players. Who get it for free.

jshackles

Oh lala, Rust, another first person survival game
http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

I think I recall seeing this forever ago in development on the garrysmod developer blog, been so long I almost forgot about it. Kinda want to try it out just because they bothered doing a 60fps trailer

Come for the 60fps trailer, stay for the awkward community screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom