• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to thank MakeshiftChef for getting me DA:O Ultimate Edition. Thanks man!

No worries man, I just bought it for myself the other day. I played through the vanilla version on the xbox, but I heard that it plays like a completely different game on PC. All the extra content and all those awesome looking mods made it an easy decision to purchase.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
U.S. only for the beta giveaway? How disappointing to have my dreams crushed like that without at least the feeling of hope as I wait for the final announcements. They wouldn't even have to ship it to me, I would be willing to take a train down to the Seattle area and pick it up personally.

U.S. only for the beta giveaway? How disappointing to have my dreams crushed like that without at least the feeling of hope as I wait for the final announcements. They wouldn't even have to ship it to me, I would be willing to take a train down to the Seattle area and pick it up personally.

Me too me too, about an hour drive to buffalo, maybe less!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Relevant. WTF Activision?

lof1K9o.png

Nabs

Tempted to buy Survival Instinct, MW2 and War Chest, but I have a couple of 5$ promos on Amazon, so I'll just wait for a sale at them.

Are those coupons limited to the 2013 editors choice? You won't be buying many Activision titles with that.

JakeD

according to the "gamefly rep" who posts their deals on reddit...singularity and war for cybertron are not steam.. i'm just basing that on their chart though, which might just be based on incorrect store pages.

Arthea

Not impressed by 3 things right now:
1. steam machinas being US only (even not for myself, I wasn't going to win, just for unfairness of it all)
2. Blood of Werewolf, may be not my type of game, already bored by it.
3. The price of Transformer games (waiting for bellow 5€)!

Not impressed by 3 things right now:
1. steam machinas being US only (even not for myself, I wasn't going to win, just for unfairness of it all)
2. Blood of Werewolf, may be not my type of game, already bored by it.
3. The price of Transformer games (waiting for bellow 5€)!

You might be waiting a while. War should be easier to get at that price, not sure what I got it for. Acti is pretty
foolishly
committed to that high MSRP. Even 75% on steam is 15 USD.

Colin.

eh like I said, I can't paypal money. Only way I can think of to buy Prey from someone overseas is to talk with some people on my Steam friends list who can paypal money so they act as middlemen during the transaction. Or do the deal personally if the person buying the game accepts payment in TF2 keys or Steam games and such.

It isn't an expensive game in the UK. I could get it for you for a few keys, if you like.

Grief.exe

If I win, I would probably rip the Titan out of the Steam Machine and put it into my main PC. Take the SLI 560 Tis I have in my main and put one in the Steam Machine.

Dual-boot Windows and Steam OS on both PCs.

Metro: LL, Steamworld Dig, and CivV from the couch all day. I would have to get into the Windows install for CivV, how does that game not have a Linux version?

Exuro

If I win, I would probably rip the Titan out of the Steam Machine and put it into my main PC. Take the SLI 560 Tis I have in my main and put one in the Steam Machine.

Metro: LL, Steamworld Dig, and CivV from the couch all day. I would have to get into the Windows install for CivV, how does that game not have a Linux version?
I'm pretty sure it will. They were testing the controller with it so I would assume it was running under SteamOS.

nexen

any machinarium and/or botanicula protips for an adventure game novice?

* Conserve ammo by aiming for headshots.
* Try to dispatch weaker and slower enemies with swords instead.
* Air tricks tend to rack up higher scores, especially if you do a few flip tricks before starting them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah they're all over the place.

UjjZdlk.png

Australia wasn't listed above since I guess you have a separate sub ID for Singularity.

Ah, that's right, it's not available on Steam AU. I was getting my wires crossed with War for Cybertron, which eventually did appear on the store out of the blue (about a year ago, I think).

Arthea

That's good plan. I think many will do the same ;)

Ah, that's right, it's not available on Steam AU. I was getting my wires crossed with War for Cybertron, which eventually did appear on the store out of the blue (about a year ago, I think).

I'm sad for you Jasec, you should have had a chance to get the steam box! with games *wheelman included*

Colin.

Surprised there is no Linux version, considering that was one of the main games they were showcasing the controller on.

Fox318

Gaming companies want cuts of the money and they feel lets play videos eat into their profits.

I can see why more story driven games wouldn't want their stuff on youtube as many people would just watch that instead of playing the games.

At the same time there is alot of shit that shouldn't be taken down if its MST3K type criticism or editorialized content that talks about games.

Grief.exe

I'm pretty sure it will. They were testing the controller with it so I would assume it was running under SteamOS.

Might be a bit of a stretch as the Valve controller is compatible with Windows as well.

Seems there is some evidence for XCOM and CivV Linux versions though http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTQ3Nzc

That's good plan. I think many will do the same ;)

Will be so much fun.

I forgot one game, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. That would be a fun game to play with a couple people over. Too bad it doesn't have a linux version.

Maybe I would have to pick up Project Cars since it is such a gorgeous game and does have a Linux version.

I'd bet that if you modify the steam machine Valve wouldn't let you continue in the beta.

...at the very least.

Doubtful. Doesn't fit Valve's historical precedents in the least and would give them a wider amount of data to test on.

nexen

How would they know? you think it comes with kinect?
I just had to (><)

It isn't terribly difficult for a program to determine that there has been a hardware change. That is what all of those limited activation DRM schemes rely on.

Doubtful. Doesn't fit Valve's historical precedents in the least and would give them a wider amount of data to test on.
If having a wide variety of hardware to test on was their goal they would let you use your own hardware.
Regardless, you'd be wise to scrutinize the EULA or whatever agreements you have sign before you crack that case.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
any machinarium and/or botanicula protips for an adventure game novice?
Be patient.

The following is a hint for the only puzzle of Machinarium I actually got stuck on. I'm posting it because the last time I brought it up, at least one other person indicated that it too was the one thing they couldn't figure out.

The bird
mimics you.
Further hint:
That wire he's bouncing on looks kinda fragile...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom