• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasteland hasn't aged very well sadly. If you're okay with NES type RPG's you might find the interface and gameplay tolerable though.

Hm, I'm not sure I would be if I'm honest. I wasn't playing games then and have found a lot of older games that I have tried due to their reputation as classic games really don't sit that well with me. So I think a wait until it's uber cheap and use some card money purchase might be the way to go with this one :). Thanks for you input.

The thing I loved about Dear Esther is that, complain about it not having enough gameplay all you want (general 'you', not you woo :p), it really couldn't exist in any other form. The storytelling is visual as much as it is based on the text and voice; the landscapes contribute to the story if you look hard enough to see that you are navigating the Island's body, not just its paths. The pace and the views being controlled by the player really change the experience.

Regarding The 39 Steps, yes, that does sound like fun! Maybe I'll win it in Dimitri2401's giveaway :)

Oh I'm with you where Dear Esther is concerned. I loved it :). Fingers crossed for you with the giveaway.

maneil99

Special Giveaway

I accidently bought a Black Flag Region is restricted to work only in the following countries

Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Republic of, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia

This giveaway will be as follows:

First person to PM me that they are from an eligible country wins, if this post is up, the offer still stands

AC4-banner.jpg

Freezard

The maps have already been mentioned, I just wanted to add that there is a in-game list of all trophies and riddles in each area (open the map screen and select the appropriate tab) that the game will track and update for you.

OK thanks :) Gonna try 100% this game.

The_Monk

That's very generous!

On a Side note, I've seen many people warning me about save issues on Batman Origins. So far I'm good and loving it but I wonder if the same fate will happen to me later on. I got a problem that I could get a black screen that I solved by checking the Integrity of game cache.

fantomena

Special Giveaway

I accidently bought a Black Flag Region locked to the following countries

This giveaway will be as follows:

First person to PM me that they are from an eligible country wins, if this post is up, the offer still stands

AC4-banner.jpg

Is it a UPlay or Steam code?

Bionic

This morning, Steam started giving me notifications that it was connected for in-home streaming to my other computers when I would switch to and from them. I'm a member of the in-home streaming group, and I opted into Steam beta software on each of my computers, so I'm assuming that means I got into the beta. However, when I click on the new Stream button (takes the place of Play, with a little dropdown menu letting you choose whether you are going to play local or Stream if you have the same game installed on both), it pops up the launching screen and then immediately after pops up an "Authentication problem." box so the game doesn't launch.

I'm sure people will think I'm just here trying to troll, but I'd just like to know if anyone has seen these options, and if they have, have you gotten in-home streaming to work yet?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm just going to give a random member of SteamGAF a gift off their wishlist., as well as the standard ModBot giveaway.

Perhaps more if Super House Of Dead Ninjas is on sale again.

Just tried playing Dust, but the game is a mix of French and English. Anybody know a way to fix this?

If you don't want one of the languages at all, you could just delete the translation folders from the game root.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Someone take my fricking AC4, It looks stupid in my inventory

Well that region specific aspect rather makes it hard. You could try posting in the Free to a good home thread, I know there are several Slavs who at least lurk in there.

Hanzou

Are they still adding new poeple that join the family trading group into the beta? Want to get my brother in-law in the beta

Backlogger

This morning, Steam started giving me notifications that it was connected for in-home streaming to my other computers when I would switch to and from them. I'm a member of the in-home streaming group, and I opted into Steam beta software on each of my computers, so I'm assuming that means I got into the beta. However, when I click on the new Stream button (takes the place of Play, with a little dropdown menu letting you choose whether you are going to play local or Stream if you have the same game installed on both), it pops up the launching screen and then immediately after pops up an "Authentication problem." box so the game doesn't launch.

I'm sure people will think I'm just here trying to troll, but I'd just like to know if anyone has seen these options, and if they have, have you gotten in-home streaming to work yet?

I have seen the option on the beta client and I think that Streaming has not been enabled yet, but portions of the code are already in the beta client which is why you are seeing the option. The Family Sharing beta is live right now, but the Streaming beta is not live yet.

it was spotted in the beta client a while ago: http://steamdb.info/blog/30/

beta is not live yet though, wil be next week presumably

Grief.exe

Are you on 8 now?

I've been on 8 for a long time actually. Don't want to quite go to 8.1 yet as they are still ironing out some issues.

I was just asking my friends today about WIn8, and they told me to stay with 7.

We'll miss you, Grief.

Honestly, most of the arguments against Windows 8 are aesthetic at best and complete ignorance at worst.

Most of the negativity hinges around the Metro UI, which is entirely optional and I don't even use. Just hit the windows key, type what you want, and hit enter. Same as 7.

Bionic

I have seen the option on the beta client and I think that Streaming has not been enabled yet, but portions of the code are already in the beta client which is why you are seeing the option. The Family Sharing beta is live right now, but the Streaming beta is not live yet.

it was spotted in the beta client a while ago: http://steamdb.info/blog/30/

beta is not live yet though, wil be next week presumably
Thanks! Glad to know it's not something that's broken on my computer.

Turfster

Wasteland hasn't aged very well sadly. If you're okay with NES type RPG's you might find the interface and gameplay tolerable though.
Eh, it's aged pretty well I found, and brought back nice memories.
The thing to remember is that you basically mostly play it with the keyboard, using letters as shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom