• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be really interesting to see how they go about episode 1 (thanks JaseC). The problem with 400 days is I didn't care about anybody. The problem with the original was I didn't care about anybody outside of the main pair.

Will they make me care again? Or will I be forced to hang out with boring idiots without the choice to kill them all in their sleep?

Salsa

ZKbvEhe.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh man, this Gal on Jase avatar is on the new Wes Anderson movie. Been a huge fan of him, I will finally know who she is.

I'm a big fan of Anderson's stuff myself. He also gets bonus points for letting her use her natural accent.

Caerith

As excited as I am for TWD Season 2, where the hell is episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us? First episode came out over two months ago.

I guess longer turnaround between episodes is the price we pay for getting an adventure game set in the rich world of Borderlands.

neoism

GPU reaching 90° with fuckin Gone Home. Jesus.

Damn son... do you not have an air-con The only thing I love about winters in Virginia is it keeps my puter cold....If I'm Playing a game that gets it really hot I just open the window lol it can get about 25 degrees in my room... but at least my computer isn't on fire..

Salsa

playin gone home and im all like only 80's kids will get this hurrr

no but im seriously enjoying it and the attention to detail is nuts. feels like my childhood right down to the part where im a girl

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Derrick01 said:
The better question would be who in their right doesn't like that game? It's the best kart racer since MK 64 and diddy kong racing. Tougher than both of those too.

Me?

I prefer CTR, Blur, and MKDS over it. Weird taste, I know, but I absolutely HATE the plane/boat controls and the karts just don't feel "good" to me.

A color and bright game, so it isn't like that's unappealing. It's just the handling and racing itself that I don't care for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve's added a few "No Cost" subs for L4D2 to the registry (ROW, German LV and Aussie LV). Assuming this isn't a mistake, it may be pointing to:

- Left 4 Dead 2 going F2P, with the subs being necessary because of the German/Australian low-violence versions, or
- A crafting system (or equivalent) for the Winter Sale, as the 2011 subs for these items also have a billing type of 0

In both cases, though, there's the question of why the existing subs weren't just updated accordingly.

TheSeks

Oh, god. As if L4D's community couldn't get any worse than it already is. F2P would just be kickers and trolls galore. :/

Oh, god. As if L4D's community couldn't get any worse than it already is. F2P would just be kickers and trolls galore. :/

Before I discovered the MOBA/ARTS genre, Left 4 Dead was easily the bar for the most toxic community. I will not touch that game with a ten foot pole when it goes free to play.

Valve's added a few "No Cost" subs for L4D2 to the registry (ROW, German LV and Aussie LV). Assuming this isn't a mistake, it may be pointing to:

- Left 4 Dead 2 going F2P, with the subs being necessary because of the German/Australian low-violence versions, or
- A crafting system (or equivalent) for the Winter Sale, as the 2011 subs for these items also have a billing type of 0

In both cases, though, there's the question of why the existing subs weren't just updated accordingly.

I would love a L4D-related thing for the winter sale. It really has had nothing going on for a while.

Before I discovered the MOBA/ARTS genre, Left 4 Dead was easily the bar for the most toxic community. I will not touch that game with a ten foot pole when it goes free to play.

I had a 12-year old explaining to me in extreme detail how me "being bad" on L4D2 made me mentally retarded.

I told him about my autism and it got worse.

It was hilarious.

I would love a L4D-related thing for the winter sale. It really has had nothing going on for a while.

I had a 12-year old explaining to me in extreme detail how me "being bad" on L4D2 made me mentally retarded.

I told him about my autism and it got worse.

It was hilarious.

You should've recorded that. :D

It's funny, I just was looking through top sellers the other day and L4D2 was in the top 20 (#19, maybe?) @ $19.99. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I've never played with the PC community, as I only ever tried L4D when it first came out on 360 and got sick of it pretty quickly. But it seems as though the PC community is similar to all the model citizens of XBL.

TheSeks

I've never played with the PC community, as I only ever tried L4D when it first came out on 360 and got sick of it pretty quickly. But it seems as though the PC community is similar to all the model citizens of XBL.

Playing both, I can tell you they're just as bad if not worse than Socom's community.

snack

Got a link to this registry thing?

Playing both, I can tell you they're just as bad if not worse than Socom's community.

Hey! How you doin, man?
I was *just* thinking about you as there was some NGS+ talk over in the VITAGAF thread.

I don't know SOCOM's community -- just the MW and MW2 communities on XBL. I know the TF2 players were elitist when the game went F2P... it kind of kept me from giving the game a fair shake because I figured I'd get called out as newbie/F2P player and shunned/kicked/whatever...

Come on now, every 1 in 50 vs matches you can find a good, no troll, match.

That's a good ratio! ;)

Jeez, so many people on the steam forums can't read the giant
WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.
warning for DayZ. Lolcashgrabripoff etc.

TheSeks

SOCOM's took shit wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously.

As for TF2: The community there is bad for entirely different (trade, hats, etc) reasons. But that's been killed by the numerous class-kit items that Valve is still in the process of balancing, so... :/

I'm more worried that CS:GO's community is as bad as L4D's. It's why I haven't even tried the "Casual" matches.

Jeez, so many people on the steam forums can't read the giant warning for DayZ. Lolcashgrabripoff etc.

Another problem with Early Access. Besides the fact that Bohemia jacked the price up through the Alpha->Beta period. But I've already said my piece on that in the Standalone thread and had someone saying "Well, why are you complaining about them wanting more money!?" so I'm not going to rehash my issue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom