• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Did I stumble into a wormhole and come out in another dimension?
CS has a very juvenile community.

I've played CS maybe 3-4 times since I bought it. One of those times one dude on the team spent the whole match talking about how badly everyone sucked. It was pretty horrible. Nobody else was saying anything, just this dude, non stop, the whole time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, people are still bitching about hats in TF2?

There are people who think vanilla TF2 is balanced?!

You should've recorded that. :D

It's funny, I just was looking through top sellers the other day and L4D2 was in the top 20 (#19, maybe?) @ $19.99. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I've never played with the PC community, as I only ever tried L4D when it first came out on 360 and got sick of it pretty quickly. But it seems as though the PC community is similar to all the model citizens of XBL.

I distinctly recall:

"Why are you on the computer if you have autism?"

And this little gem:

"Go play a casual game. It was made for your kind."

Sorry man, stupid kids who have no clue what autism or asperger is.
If only that attitude was just contained to stupid kids.
Well it is a big old world, so it is hard to paint a whole community with one brush, either positive or negative.

But the point made was a relative one to other big gaming communities and from my personal experience it is more or less valid.

I guess it depends, I've only been playing random games in CS

A belated thank you to corrosivefrost for OpFlash Dragon Rising. I've been wanting the game for years, no joke. I first heard about it in a PSM magazine a few years back, and been tempted to buy it on PS3 a few times, but the talks of downgraded graphics and "consolized" controls being detrimental to the experience diminished my interest

So now I can finally experience the game on its proper platform. Thanks again

denx

I must be lucky. Back when I played L4D2 (which I didn't play that much, I think Steam says I played 30 hours or so) I never had bad experiences in the game. Must be because I almost exclusively played the coop campaign in normal difficulty. I only played Versus a couple of times, and the worst thing I had happen to me was someone saying that I sucked as a Tank. :p

As for CS, I only played Zombie Escape maps in CS:S so I don't know how the community was there in competitive mode. In CS:GO I only play Deathmatch, Demolition and Arms Race and haven't had a problem with the community thus far. I guess the community gets worse if you play in Classic mode since that is some more stressful stuff.

btw, you get higher quality drops if you play in Classic mode in CS:GO?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Playing any game with pubs has always led to less than optimal times, my love for CS is fairly outweighed by not wanting to deal with anyone's bullshit when I play. Friends only or bust anymore.

Hell is other people.

Playing any game with pubs has always led to less than optimal times, my love for CS is fairly outweighed by not wanting to deal with anyone's bullshit when I play. Friends only or bust anymore.

Hell is other people.

Yeah, I hate when I buy a new game and the first think I get when I join multiplayer is: "fucking noob" and the likes. That's why I usually don't play mp stuff, except for Killing Floor and Chivalry.

We should have a Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed tournament before year end.

I'm in :p

What's the cheapest Starbound can be had for currently? I really should wait for the sales, but if it could be had as part of a 4 pack/other shenanigans on the cheap, I'd probably cave.

Jeez, so many people on the steam forums can't read the giant warning for DayZ. Lolcashgrabripoff etc.
As long as Early Access exists, it will never stop for any beta release on Steam ever

It really is hilarious at first. Until you wonder if these people are all trolls or if the sheer volume of threads with the same topic in every Early Access forum means the majority of Steam users are just that stupid...and/or trolls

Is The Last Remnant worth £2?

It's one of my favorite JRPGs from last generation, and the Steam version is drastically superior to the (already pretty great) 360 version. I paid way more than £2 for it twice and don't regret either purchase.

I distinctly recall:

"Why are you on the computer if you have autism?"

And this little gem:

"Go play a casual game. It was made for your kind."

:dead:

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Finally started Metro: Last Light after picking it up in the summer sale. Hot damn, this game is awesome. Different than the first, but I appreciate the faster pace. It also looks amazing. I can't max it out, but I'm happy with just 2x SSAA and normal tessellation When I cranked everything as high as it could go, I was getting 20-25 fps. I'd feel bad about the strength of my rig if the game wasn't so damn beautiful even with the sacrifices I had to make for a stable 60.

Levyne

Banned
Finally started Metro: Last Light after picking it up in the summer sale. Hot damn, this game is awesome. Different than the first, but I appreciate the faster pace. It also looks amazing. I can't max it out, but I'm happy with just 2x SSAA and normal tessellation When I cranked everything as high as it could go, I was getting 20-25 fps. I'd feel bad about the strength of my rig if the game wasn't so damn beautiful even with the sacrifices I had to make for a stable 60.

Great game. Best penny I ever spent. Being serious, I was truly lucky to run into Metro 2033 and LL though the THQ bundle and and Best Buy mistake, some of the biggest personal surprises of the last gen for me.

denx

If you want to make a Sonic Racing tournament of sorts I'm down. I live in South America and I usually get not-bad pings with southwestern US, so unless I'm warping all over the place I could play with you I think.

Bit OT, but Might and Magic is giving Ultima a beating in the GOG community vote. Guess M&M will be my first purchase in the GOG sale. Hopefully it won't be too wallet-draining, the only other series of games I want to buy are Ultima and Wing Commander.

Knurek

Bit OT, but Might and Magic is giving Ultima a beating in the GOG community vote. Guess M&M will be my first purchase in the GOG sale. Hopefully it won't be too wallet-draining, the only other series of games I want to buy are Ultima and Wing Commander.

World of Xeen (MM4+5 combined) is the best non-story based wRPG ever, so make sure to get that.

Jawmuncher

Last Remnant ran out of keys on GamersGate. Guess i'll wait for another sale.
Missed 2 sales on it and forgot it was on sale on amazon during thanksgiving.

Bluth54

As for TF2: The community there is bad for entirely different (trade, hats, etc) reasons. But that's been killed by the numerous class-kit items that Valve is still in the process of balancing, so... :/

If you actually go to servers were people play TF2 then the community is pretty great. Sure there are some bad apples here and there but overall my experience with the TF2 community is pretty much always very positive.

denx

If you actually go to servers were people play TF2 then the community is pretty great. Sure there are some bad apples here and there but overall my experience with the TF2 community is pretty much always very positive.

Agree with this. The deal with TF2 is finding a server that you like and sticking with it.

And even in random matches with random pubs the community isn't bad. From time to time you will have people begging you for items, but that is the exception rather than the norm (in my experience).

Nabs

I can't say if it's good yet, but I'm having a lot of fun with the Chivalry expansion pack. 3.75 was perfect.

Card Boy

Banned
I was interested in Tiny Thief but it came to my attention it has a 1500% markup over the Android version. ef that, will wait for a indie bundle and pay the $1 it deserves.

feel

Did I stumble into a wormhole and come out in another dimension?
CS has a very juvenile community.
CSGO has a surprisingly decent community, specially when compared to other popular games, after coming from xbl I'm constantly shocked how in the vast majority of my matchmaking games I meet somewhat mature and polite people who try to get some good teamwork going.

Sadly Dota 2 has one of the worst. Much worse than anything I saw in my years of xbl, which is disappointing for a new player trying to learn and all you get is insults and more insults, but whatever I've now stopped letting it affect me and just go with something like "c'mon man everyone is a noob once, give me a break and toss some constructive advice my way instead of insults" and if they keep being mean I just block communication without caring if I miss instructions/orders for the rest of the match.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hitman is... -75%
and Torchlight

Or was it joke I failed to grasp? :(

Odd, seems they've been changed. At the time of my post the games in question were Simon the Sorcerer: Chaos Happens, Bridge Construction Set, Alien Shooter: Revisited and Ceville.

Nabs

I was interested in Tiny Thief but it came to my attention it has a 1500% markup over the Android version. ef that, will wait for a indie bundle and pay the $1 it deserves.

I'm guessing the Android version requires you to buy shit, right? How do they handle that on PC?

Arthea

Odd, seems they've been changed. At the time of my post the games in question were Simon the Sorcerer: Chaos Happens, Bridge Construction Set, Alien Shooter: Revisited and Ceville.

Maybe their days are getting shorter!
not that this makes sense for you in your glorious summer time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom