• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lack the necessary skills but if anybody wants to give it a crack then go right ahead, though bear in mind that my Steam avatar will need the very same treatment. I don't stick my head into the Christmas avatar thread because I figure popping in every week and asking people to add some Christmas cheer to two avatars would get annoying. :p
I got my GAF avatar from the christmas avatar request thread, but the resolution is too low so I did my own steam avatar.

Derrick01

Banned
Are the games in this incoming sale gonna be the same ones as the autumn? If so, consider me unhyped.

That's what that leaked document said and as far as I know it's been accurate as far as the starting dates for everything. It makes sense really because you don't want to piss people off who bought stuff less than a month ago, but at the same time it does diminish hype knowing the games that were dailies last time will be the same price.

FloatOn

Are the games in this incoming sale gonna be the same ones as the autumn? If so, consider me unhyped.

there is a good chance many of the discounts will be the same but there are usually more flash sales and community choice sales during the winter sale vs what happens in autumn.

I thought the post was fine, the thread title just resulted in a lot of drive-by-posting by gaffers which wasn't helping.

yeah, the only other thread that I had locked was also because of a slightly abrasive choice of words for the thread title. It had to do with the hybrid nintendo handheld/home console theory that is now pretty common place. Going forward I'll be less sarcastic when choosing thread titles. You have my word red text deities.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Outside of desiring 66% off Guardians of Middle-erf and something% off ~~~ Barbie's Dreamhouse Party! ~~~, I'm not particularly fussed about the discounts.

Momentary

Banned
That's what that leaked document said and as far as I know it's been accurate as far as the starting dates for everything. It makes sense really because you don't want to piss people off who bought stuff less than a month ago, but at the same time it does diminish hype knowing the games that were dailies last time will be the same price.

What list are you speaking of?

JaseC

The document actually states that the base discounts will be identical, not the featured discounts, but you're far from the first person to misread it so don't feel bad. ;)

What list are you speaking of?

It's not a list but a memo.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I lack the necessary skills but if anybody wants to give it a crack then go right ahead, though bear in mind that my Steam avatar will need the very same treatment. I don't stick my head into the Christmas avatar thread because I figure popping in every week and asking people to add some Christmas cheer to two avatars would get annoying. :p

Santa hat wouldn't work I think, so why not a festive red and white Christmas earring instead?
2NSbcOd.jpg
yPHOh8A.jpg

I'm just hoping that Tomb Raider discount makes a repeat. It was quite insane.

I hope the bundle comes back. I regret not getting all of those now, so I live onto the hope that the "most of these sales will be done again for the Winter sale" proves true.

Colin.

Been said many times, but community voting just didn't work. Just people voting on names they recognized, or a game they already had and liked. Which resulted in many repeated deals, and smaller titles up for vote not appearing on sale at all.

The_Monk

Yay, I killed Seath the Scaleless in Dark Souls! :D

It seems that, every time I'm stuck and I come here to tell you all about my journey and adventures I grab some courage, go back again and manage to get these enemies.

Thank you all for your stealth encouragement karma guys.

feel

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Back To The Future The Game -- MB-C7D0598F957A659F - Taken by KenOD. 5 entrants total.

t1387419124z1.png

Nabs

It seems that, every time I'm stuck and I come here to tell you all about my journey and adventures I grab some courage, go back again and manage to get these enemies.

Now the easy stuff... ha..ha..ha.

Derrick01

Banned
The document actually states that the base discounts will be identical, not the featured discounts, but you're far from the first person to misread it so don't feel bad. ;)

I still expect the same daily deals for the games that were featured already. Even Amazon's list had rome total war 2 for $30 and I think they even had a worse deal for splinter cell blacklist which was $40.

I voted for 1000+ items, most which were after hearing someone here voice the idea that Valve might have been connecting Greenlight votes to some kind of achievement reward during, I think it was, last year's Holiday sale. Haven't voted on a thing since then. It just got tedious.

Yeah, it does get tedious wading through all of the Minecraft and Terraria clones, the pitches that look slapped together in MS Paint, all of the horrendous looking free to play shooters and MMO's, the generic first person horror games, Metroidvania's, zombie-whatever, etc. It's to the point where I click no within the first few seconds of loading a greenlight submission page.

FloatOn

great work. did you happen to cut off his tail? you can make a pretty cool weapon with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nobody said anything about my Christmas avatar. :(

Anyway, putting the finishing touches on the new version of Enhanced Steam. Hoping to push it out before the sale starts.

JaseC

I still expect the same daily deals for the games that were featured already. Even Amazon's list had rome total war 2 for $30 and I think they even had a worse deal for splinter cell blacklist which was $40.

It'll depend on the game. There will definitely be repeats across the board, but more specifically Ghosts isn't going to go north of 17%, for example, when you consider that BLOPS 2 skipped last year's Autumn Sale entirely and wasn't 17% off until the Winter Sale, and items that were 75% off a few weeks ago are highly unlikely to be reduced any further.

Nobody said anything about my Christmas avatar. :(

Anyway, putting the finishing touches on the new version of Enhanced Steam. Hoping to push it out before the sale starts.

I was going to make a joke about you look handsome with your santa hat, but I completely forgot. Just pretend I didn't. :p

The_Monk

great work. did you happen to cut off his tail? you can make a pretty cool weapon with it.

Thanks! Didn't cut off the tail :( I was too nervous. This game and the soundtrack (which is amazing, I even have the physical CD) is a test to my high blood pressure.

You'll be fine. I'm just thinking of one annoying area, but no worries.

I need to re-cap what bosses I killed and which ones I didn't because I know I might have not been doing them in the "proper" order. I have no idea where to go now.

cicero

okay so we can have psa threads about certain games being super cheap on steam but can't talk about the greatness of the service overall for those that are on the fence?

I admit that I chose a poor thread title but if you couldn't tell by the tone of my post I was absolutely not on a warpath.
You may have desired something completely different, but the tone of your thread and title came off as ridiculous and jerk-faced. Insulting members of a community that don't necessarily share your passion while apparently trying to seriously advocate for it, and then playing it off after a backlash as merely being misunderstood light humor isn't too realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom