• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A kidney could probably pay for a 660ti down there in South America!

I haven't played MGS:R, but I think it's safe to assume that the game is worth that much.
Can I sell a lung instead? I don't smoke, so I have no need for two of them.

I'm sure the game is worth $20 too, it's just that I won't be able to play it.

Dr Dogg

Personally I find it pretty exhausting and I don't enjoy steam sale time.

Totally with you on that. Not only do I get some strange looks at home when I get out of bed at 2 in the moring to check the updated deals but popping on here and seeing a wall of " should I get x at x%off" and "is x going to get cheaper than x" is enough to send me round the bend.

Thankfully we're away for crimbo so I'm sol getting to either gawp at the store page or here for much more than 5 mins at a time.

Acccent

Just leave the thread open during the sale so we can all hide in here.

The other one can be a decoy.

yeah this thread is more comfy :( we just need to make sure to avoid talking about the sales and all the recent acquisitions in here, and only talk about stuff like game experiences and mini-reviews and giveaways and saoirse etc

It doesn't matter if it crawls to an extremely slow pace because most posts go into the sale thread, I feel lost without the normal steamgaf :( sale thread is too ADHD

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have no idea whether to move ModBot over to the new topic or not. This is not how we normally do things :/

Well typically another mod doesn't go ahead and make the thread :/

9VF2XUY.png

dani_dc

Can I sell a lung instead? I don't smoke, so I have no need for two of them.

I'm sure the game is worth $20 too, it's just that I won't be able to play it.

Well, you're free to sell whatever I want.

I mean the game was probably worth selling your kidney, I didn't think it was needed to say it was likely worth $20.

I've just won Toki Tori from a ModBot giveaway - Thank you to MNC, I'm extremely grateful - and something has just occurred to me.

Hopefully, we all want to want to show our gratitude when we pick something up, but it becomes problematic when the thread is clogged up with too many "thanks for whatever" posts.

Obviously, private messaging is the way to go under these circumstances but it's not always easy to work your way through pages and pages to find the guy who provided the game that you've just acquired. As an extreme example, imagine tracking down somebody who hosted a 24-hour raffle during a sale period.

Would it be possible to provide a link within the "you win..." message, so that we can PM the person who made the giveaway from there?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Quick q, when you delete local content, and then reinstall, do your old saves come back

Only if the game supports Steam Cloud saves.

Salsa

I made the thread, I asked Opiate to move a post I made into a thread tomorrow when the sales were up since im gonna be working but apparently he misunderstood.

shit happens. not sure how to move forward?

The person's name is in the PM you get, though.

Sure. But, unless I'm missing something, you're going to need to find a post that they've made (by trawling through the thread), before clicking on their name & selecting the relevant option, if you want to PM them. It would be nice if we could streamline that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I mean I don't see why we don't just lock this one up and throw away the key til after the GAF Steam Thread New Years Party, thread's already made and the sale is pretty much right here.

I hear morning's got some hella delish yerba mate ready for the hungover ones.

Sure. But, unless I'm missing something, you're going to need to find a post that they've made (by trawling through the thread), before clicking on their name & selecting the relevant option, if you want to PM them. It would be nice if we could streamline that.
You're already in your inbox, so just click on send new message on the left and paste their name into the recipient box.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I made the thread, I asked Opiate to move a post I made into a thread tomorrow when the sales were up since im gonna be working but apparently he misunderstood.

shit happens. not sure how to move forward?

You just going to let him take your free games without a fight?

Do you really want them going to BINGO instead so a bunch of old people can win them?

I'd be pissed.

Salsa

yeah if someone could just close the thread and re-open it tomorrow i'd be grateful. I wanna edit the OP and whatnot and opiate posted it rather than moving it so im not the thread creator, thus cant

again; not blaming opiate, could have worded my PM better

Dr Dogg

yeah if someone could just close the thread and re-open it tomorrow i'd be grateful. I wanna edit the OP and whatnot and opiate posted it rather than moving it so im not the thread creator, thus cant

again; not blaming opiate, could have worded my PM better

Don't worry about it dude. Mistakes happen, we're only human after all. At least you got work, which is always a good thing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
well then. we'll put this here
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarfs? -- MB-C7F25175F8DBFB17 - Taken by tylergregg. 4 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-7466AC0540A9134F - Taken by fengshuifever. 2 entrants total.

t1387414084z1.png

cicero

GOG sale has been kind to my wallet thus far, so perhaps I'll indulge in the Steam sale.

Honestly though, I think that GOG could have done another crazy type insomnia promo, or at least expanded the whole game packages being offered. It doesn't feel as good as last year or that crazy sleepless weekend around thanksgiving.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So apparently, there will be a Winter Holiday 2013 badge and upon crafting it you'll be given the chance to win a random TF2 item.

Recently added items include:

The War on Smissmas Battle Socks
Description: "Granted by crafting the Steam Holiday Sale 2013 badge."
xms_nade_socks.fb44d1f8b568b2cb5bda4d482aec30014bb9233a.png

The Smissmass Caribou
xms_braindeer.45de3da857e89798385162f986325c602162056d.png

The Sack Fulla Smissmas
xms_santa_sack.aba68f6e9ef90691f0faa3e0814a8aad3293e1c5.png

The Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser
xms_backpack_snowglobe.873597d71b2bbb197eca6730a0cc4b2a8e08332c.png

Source

Dr Dogg

Giftable and/or tradable TF2 items I wonder. If they end up being limited to only badges crafted during the sale could go for a bit on the market.

So apparently, there will be a Winter Holiday 2013 badge and upon crafting it you'll be given the chance to win a random TF2 item.

Recently added items include:

The War on Smissmas Battle Socks
xms_nade_socks.fb44d1f8b568b2cb5bda4d482aec30014bb9233a.png

The Smissmass Caribou
xms_braindeer.45de3da857e89798385162f986325c602162056d.png

The Sack Fulla Smissmas
xms_santa_sack.aba68f6e9ef90691f0faa3e0814a8aad3293e1c5.png

The Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser
xms_backpack_snowglobe.873597d71b2bbb197eca6730a0cc4b2a8e08332c.png

Source
Missed a couple.

War on Smissmas Battle Hood
soldier_hood.738fefaa0dd762a18ab6a49352a2a0495a6d08f9.png

Randolph the Blood-Nosed Caribou
xms_braindeer_rare.0308b089c087f52205de92e39b081c3cfe54b5ea.png

Looks like I might actually craft a badge!

I wonder if Metal Gear Rising's 33% off pre-order will get any special highlighting in the sale - it may not be a coincidence that its page will be up the same time the sale starts. I hope it does!

Speculation is that it will be a daily deal. Konami guy (can't remember his name) said it would be a 48 hour deal @ $20 and was very koy when asked if it was going to be a daily.

33% off for 48 hours, 20% off until Jan. 9th

Personally I find it pretty exhausting and I don't enjoy steam sale time.

oh god yes. I usually go 5 pages at a time because its such a nightmare. cue the steam thread / sale thread image

Hmm..I want to bite on Shadow Warrior for $9.99. Will it be cheaper during the sale?

it's already 75% off. what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom