• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Eh.
It's better than just a random background, but we probably won't be able to trade or sell them.

The items are marked as giftable and tradeable, but not marketable (I think).

dani_dc

Been playing Race The Sun, it's an entertaining game, the gameplay is pretty simple, just avoid obstacles and pick up certain objects.
The levels seem to offer some variety, but since you always start in Region 1 after you die, it takes awhile to get to the more interesting parts of the game.

In terms of level variety, the game has different "worlds" per day (a world being the set of levels that you play in that particular day), but since I bought the game today I can't really comment on how much variety that will introduce into the game.

The game also features a leveling up system where you level up by doing certain challenges the game sets you up to (such as moving X miles, doing two perfect regions).
By leveling up you'll gain extra abilities.

Oddly enough they decided to lock several base game features off level 1, which you'll be missing a few base game features the first time you play, it's not a big deal since you'll gain access to them in a few minutes, and it serves to pace the player learning. So I can understand what their aim was with that decision, ultimately it still is an odd choice since it makes the first interaction with the game be less interesting than the game really is, and first interactions with games (especially Indie games) are important to capture people attention.

All in all, from the near hour that I've played the game, I would say it's rather enjoyable game and that I can see myself playing it a lot to kill time or just challenge myself, $10 might be a bit too much for it, I feel $5 would probably be a more adequate price for the experience.

Damn, I thought a kidney is worth more than that.

From what I hear, GPU's around that areas of the world are just that expensive.

Sarcasm

I'm having a great time even if I'm a bad player. And I know it's not a hard game, it's my own choices and the way of dealing with the enemies that gets me killed most of the time. I also believe I must suffer from some sort of depth perception that affect my gameplay in this game.

If on PC..unlock the FPS it helps. Especially with parrying.

Missed a couple.

War on Smissmas Battle Hood
soldier_hood.738fefaa0dd762a18ab6a49352a2a0495a6d08f9.png

Randolph the Blood-Nosed Caribou
xms_braindeer_rare.0308b089c087f52205de92e39b081c3cfe54b5ea.png

Looks like I might actually craft a badge!

I was going to craft the badge before, but now I'll be in my bunk.

So I was playing some Skyrim and it turns out I have access to Dawnguard even though I didn't buy it and it doesn't appear under my DLC. Looks like something went haywire a few months backs so should I delete it or just keep going?

Also I only have one person on my Race to the Sun leaderboard, add me if anyone wants more.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So I was playing some Skyrim and it turns out I have access to Dawnguard even though I didn't buy it and it doesn't appear under my DLC. Looks like something went haywire a few months backs so should I delete it or just keep going?

Also I only have one person on my Race to the Sun leaderboard, add me if anyone wants more.

Did you mention this before? I think someone else had the same thing happen to them, but I think it was more than a month ago.

I...would keep it.

FloatOn

okay so we can have psa threads about certain games being super cheap on steam but can't talk about the greatness of the service overall for those that are on the fence?

I admit that I chose a poor thread title but if you couldn't tell by the tone of my post I was absolutely not on a warpath.

The_Monk

okay so we can have psa threads about certain games being super cheap on steam but can't talk about the greatness of the service overall for those that are on the fence?

I admit that I chose a poor thread title but if you couldn't tell by the tone of my post I was absolutely not on a warpath.

That might have been the reason fellow GAFfer. I know you were not looking to offend anyone but there are more polite ways to grab someone's attention to Steam in my opinion. The main reaction of everyone was based on the title, hence why I believe you could have chosen better words to express your feelings about Steam. ;)

Levyne

Banned

To be honest, the PSA threads have gotten a bit annoying.

Your thread is okay maybe just a bit directionless? I dunno, not a big deal either way.

bonesquad

Not good. I've already dropped a bunch of cash on a PS4 and Xbox One this year. Why? I don't seem to remember anymore with the Steam sale staring down my soul...

Dr Dogg

Black Flag got a PhysX patch about 12 hours ago. Here's a video.

Ohhhh nice. How big by the way? I bet Uplay will fuck this up for me regardless.

Surprised there's no mention of cloth simulation. Thought that would be a given with the sails and flags. Regardless there goes my stable 60fps until I get another card for SLi.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah new avatar, so much better than the last one.

Nice to know you approve. ;)

Ohhhh nice. How big by the way? I bet Uplay will fuck this up for me regardless.

Surprised there's no mention of cloth simulation. Thought that would be a given with the sails and flags. Regardless there goes my stable 60fps until I get another card for SLi.

603MB. Two MP maps were also updated.

VaJ5E9Y.jpg

I like it. She looked like a girl I met in Spain at the end of HILN, and I will say nothing more of that.

I'd love to travel around Europe one day (something my mum did years ago with one of my brothers, who'd moved to the UK). In terms of international jet-setting I've never been anywhere other than Bali, but I do intend to go to TIFF at some point within the next few years.

The_Monk

If on PC..unlock the FPS it helps. Especially with parrying.

Yes, on PC fellow GAFfer. I'm just stuck at Seath the Scaleless and with all the curses I need a break. I also need to check what bosses I still need to kill since sometimes I just don't know where to go. I also need more Humanities to summon some players to help me, I was close one time where I had 2 people helping me, it felt great.

I'd love to travel around Europe one day (something my mum did years ago with one of my brothers, who'd moved to the UK). In terms of international jet-setting I've never been anywhere other than Bali, but I do intend to go to TIFF at some point within the next few years.

Having family in places sure does help. I get free room and board with my family in Spain. I wish I could travel more but the costs, man.

Don't forget to visit SoCal and the Best Coast

Oh yeah, games. I sometimes play those.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I made the thread, I asked Opiate to move a post I made into a thread tomorrow when the sales were up since im gonna be working but apparently he misunderstood.

shit happens. not sure how to move forward?
I think we should erase GAF and start it from scratch.

FloatOn

That might have been the reason fellow GAFfer. I know you were not looking to offend anyone but there are more polite ways to grab someone's attention to Steam in my opinion. The main reaction of everyone was based on the title, hence why I believe you could have chosen better words to express your feelings about Steam. ;)

Fair enough but if people get offended by the word "jerk" then....

plane-taking-off.jpg

I've also had too much wine I think.

Here we go!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Leon Belmont:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor -- MB-B0FBF2FECA03EDA1 - Taken by JDHarbs
Zeno Clash -- MB-40561BCAB70AB13A - Taken by Lobogris
Dwarfs!? -- MB-A0552572630853B1 - Taken by skullmuffins

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
She just need a santa hat.

I lack the necessary skills but if anybody wants to give it a crack then go right ahead, though bear in mind that my Steam avatar will need the very same treatment. I don't stick my head into the Christmas avatar thread because I figure popping in every week and asking people to add some Christmas cheer to two avatars would get annoying. :p

I usually approve :)

<3

Having family in places sure does help. I get free room and board with my family in Spain. I wish I could travel more but the costs, man.

Don't forget to visit SoCal and the Best Coast

Oh yeah, games. I sometimes play those.

I'd like to do my filmmaking MFA in the US, because if I stayed here I'd probably just wind up directing episodes of Home & Away, and have been putting pennies away with that in mind.

Yeah I saw that thread.

It.....didn't go so well. sorry steambro

RIP Iseeyou

lol what was the final straw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom