• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Unf unf unf

xcomswagquusb.jpg

Good ass shit. I'll fart out a review tomorrow I think.
Oh hey, I preordered that and still haven't played it.

yoshizzle

Don't know if its been mentioned but if you are a collector you might want this quick, it steals assets from blizzards game and chances are it will be taken down

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263260/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxMajqcff10&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

Game looks pretty fun and is only 6.99

I made a thread about this yesterday. The game looks cool but it's actually buggy shit. I'm honestly surprised it's still on the store.

One of the developers (I assume) posted and stickied this thread on their forums 2 hours ago:

E4SeShC.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/app/263260/discussions/0/648814841548814463/

alice

Started playing Gone Home and I have this uneasy feeling while playing it, I'm just going to resume it in the morning

I played Gone Home in its entirety yesterday. It is unsettling, even though
I knew going in that it wasn't going to have scares.
I had to play on speakers because the headphones made me nervous. My cat was not a fan of the thunder sound effects! Loved it though... stayed up way too late finishing the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of the developers (I assume) posted and stickied this thread on their forums 2 hours ago:

*most likely lies*

Good find. I really get the impression that these guys don't know what they're doing when it comes to copyright infringement laws. For example "we left the original voice acting commentator at the request of fans of the game , it's ok". Is it? Really? Do you have that in writing?

The only way I'll be convinced this is legitimate is if either Blizzard makes an announcement that yes, they've been working with this team and have given them full creative license, or if they're able to provide even a shred of hard evidence that that's the case.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty sure im allowed to say the Kingdom Rush beta is in good shape and that the PC version is gonna be swell

if I dont post here tomorrow I was killed by a mob of angry uruguayan developers carrying pitchforks and mate

nah I've seen the kingdom rush devs in person

they're wimpy ass nerds

I wonder if Deus Ex HR Director's Cut will go on sale. It's $10 for me now but I want to upgrade for cheaper.

They did kind of a shitty job with the Director's Cut. It's just a lot of small things that kind of add to detract from the overall experience, like the reflection of a roof in one of the lower floors of the FEMA building where you encounter the first quadruped military robot missing its texture and having a default placeholder texture grid that they use to double check UV's. Wish I bothered to document the issues with screenshots, none of them make the game unplayable by any means but it's just kind of sloppy.

I'd almost recommend getting Human Revolution and Missing Link over The Director's Cut.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys - I already know that the Winter Sale is going to be great. I think the Winter Sale will always hold a place in my heart since Enhanced Steam was conceived of and originally coded during the Winter Sale 2012. The first version of the code was a Greasemonkey script with less than 100 lines.

Fast forward one year, and Enhanced Steam has absolutely changed my life. As of a few minutes ago, the total download count for Enhanced Steam is 431,031. It's used by over 100,000 people (on average) every day. While it's true that I've had help from sites like Kotaku and Lifehacker in spreading the word, I know none of it would be possible without the support of Enhanced Steam users like you.

Last summer I even got to tour Valve's headquarters in Seattle and it was an amazing and surreal experience I'll never forget.

I just wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and let everyone know that I am truly grateful for your continued support and encouragement.

graywolf323

Guys - I already know that the Winter Sale is going to be great. I think the Winter Sale will always hold a place in my heart since Enhanced Steam was conceived of and originally coded during the Winter Sale 2012. The first version of the code was a Greasemonkey script with less than 100 lines.

Fast forward one year, and Enhanced Steam has absolutely changed my life. As of a few minutes ago, the total download count for Enhanced Steam is 431,031. It's used by over 100,000 people (on average) every day. While it's true that I've had help from sites like Kotaku and Lifehacker in spreading the word, I know none of it would be possible without the support of Enhanced Steam users like you.

Last summer I even got to tour Valve's headquarters in Seattle and it was an amazing and surreal experience I'll never forget.

I just wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and let everyone know that I am truly grateful for your continued support and encouragement.

I remember using said Greasemonkey script, Enhanced Steam is why I can never browse the store from inside Steam itself

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

No no, thank you good sir.

denx

It sucks to be super busy with stuff when the Winter seal is just around the corner. I won't be around tomorrow when the seal starts. :(

On the other hand, I finally got payed today for some part-time stuff I did in October and November. Just in time! Also I finally got to see Thor 2 today.
I liked it.

So can someone give me the tldr version of what happened in the last 40 pages? I see MGR PC is releasing in January. Anything else of note?

Salsa

talk about bad timing with rising coming out for like a full-on winter sale budget (yes I can actually control myself) on the same day it starts

revenge me kojima

Booted up my first uplay game, Driver: San Fransisco (got it 1€ from viagame sometime ago). After frustrating battle with uplay I managed to get in the game and after initial "meh" I'm maybe warming up to it a little. We'll see.

...Then I fell for my curiosity to delve in my steam backlog and booted up Call of Juarez: The Cartel...yeah... and damn. Benjamin McCall in the concenration mode, I even can't.. hilariously bad, though boring game. I probably should uninstall it now but I think I'll give it another go tomorrow and then uninstall it. Don't know what the developers where thinking when developing that game. Don't know whether Bound in Blood (only CoJ that I don't have) is more like the original.

In more positive side I'm now step closer to install Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. Really liked the demo and no doubt it's going to be the best of the bunch.

The_Monk

It's great that you are part of this Community. I believe many of us helped improve your work with some advice, tips or suggestions but it was you that kept listening to all the good and bad feedback people gave it to you. Thanks for making something useful for this Community and for many Steam users, but most important thanks for being a friendly GAFfer because it's people like you who make me proud to be part of Steam-GAF (or GAF, in general). Anything else, you know who you can count for.

Fucking stellar work mate, glad you're getting so much enjoyment out of it :)

Jason Momoa aka Ronon Dex aka Khal Drogo

When you and JaseC interact in the thread I always just kind mentally file it away as two actual famous pretty people flirting.

If you have it installed, it should be updating automatically within the next 60 minutes.

This never happens to me. :( Every sale I wind up uninstalling and reinstalling just to get the updated version working.

[*]Added an option to hide trademark symbols in game titles

Based jshackles

jshackles

It's great that you are part of this Community. I believe many of us helped improve your work with some advice, tips or suggestions but it was you that kept listening to all the good and bad feedback people gave it to you. Thanks for making something useful for this Community and for many Steam users, but most important thanks for being a friendly GAFfer because it's people like you who make me proud to be part of Steam-GAF (or GAF, in general). Anything else, you know who you can count for.

It's totally mutual, fellow GAFfer. :)

Fucking stellar work mate, glad you're getting so much enjoyment out of it :)

Thanks. It has opened a lot of doors for me. For example, someone just let me know that Call of Juarez: The Cartel isn't showing a DRM warning for Uplay. I told them that the store doesn't mention it so there wasn't much I could do. But I have a contact at Techland that actually reached out to me a few months ago about their WSGF medals not displaying correctly in Enhanced Steam for Gunslinger.

So I fired off an email to see if they could update it. I'm not holding my breath, but it'll be exciting if they actually follow up and follow through with that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How buggy was it, if at all?
Not at all actually. The only issue I ended up having was the teammates occasionally leaving the places I picked for them during a battle (usually getting themselves downed in the process on the hardest difficulty). I doubt this would even be noticeable on normal.

Ehh I actually preferred games delaying updating until Steam has been up and running for a while, they should add some more options for auto updates. Delay period setting (from start of Steam) and a global only update on launch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

E4SeShC.jpg

Wasn't the game originally supposed to be free? Even assuming the devs got the go-ahead from Blizzard I would assume that it doesn't apply now that they're profiting from sales.

Cheers indeed

<3

Literally the only good thing the Blingee website has produced. ;)

Thanks for making my licensed game list exponentially easier to put together. ;) I wouldn't have bothered if there weren't an easy way to filter out the games I already own.

When you and JaseC interact in the thread I always just kind mentally file it away as two actual famous pretty people flirting.

Shh, you'll blow our cover. :p

where's enhanced gaf

smileys, animated avatars and JaseC's avatar gets swapped for an actual human female

yourestupida2s3d.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom