• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

They did kind of a shitty job with the Director's Cut. It's just a lot of small things that kind of add to detract from the overall experience, like the reflection of a roof in one of the lower floors of the FEMA building where you encounter the first quadruped military robot missing its texture and having a default placeholder texture grid that they use to double check UV's. Wish I bothered to document the issues with screenshots, none of them make the game unplayable by any means but it's just kind of sloppy.

I'd almost recommend getting Human Revolution and Missing Link over The Director's Cut.

Nah dude, the Commentary alone is great

They did kind of a shitty job with the Director's Cut. It's just a lot of small things that kind of add to detract from the overall experience, like the reflection of a roof in one of the lower floors of the FEMA building where you encounter the first quadruped military robot missing its texture and having a default placeholder texture grid that they use to double check UV's. Wish I bothered to document the issues with screenshots, none of them make the game unplayable by any means but it's just kind of sloppy.

I'd almost recommend getting Human Revolution and Missing Link over The Director's Cut.

It's too bad the other version plus DLC is gone from Steam :(

Also I wanted to play with fixed boss fights.

xBladeM6x

This is not me asking, but I had heard the sales were starting today? (19th) I has buying to do. Also, for anyone who has it, how is Blockland? (Indie title recently released on Steam, and looks like LEGO)

Also, for anyone who has it, how is Blockland? (Indie title recently released on Steam, and looks like LEGO)
I have no idea what the game is like but seeing that one of its badge rewards is

O6UDORPCqLlFDzCBWh4_mYPpyYhXsqb5kcHjm774dz7yrjTCSt7uq-XWLH98fnETjvzQmwLw5OGazP6Dv_t2Of-qJ4JU1v2p5ItgeWU0bxTEr4jIXqm5u8fDvsyo7zRspvsgmAzaq_ywwCkkdDdhXomvi81b_LCnw5y9zKjpYWy9qTTK

makes me just groan forever.

Atomski

So Im having a strange ass steam issue right now. I can not install, update or validate anything right now..

Edit: got rid of beta version of steam and everything works now..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam has stopped defaulting to Grid View but now it's developed the habit of disabling icons in Detail View. I just can't win.

JaseC

I won't use anything but list view because Steam won't sync your alternate game images to the cloud. :(

Custom categories should also be backed up to the almighty cloud. Non-Steam shortcuts, too, I suppose, but considering they're local to the machine Steam is running on they're not overly important.

I'd probably have a meltdown if I lost all my custom images for grid view. I would continue to keep making them but there's little chance of me setting 500+ images all over again.

JaseC

category is on the cloud. for me its always there.

I don't think so. I just ran a quick test and my "Test" category didn't appear when I signed in on my laptop (I was sure to restart Steam on my PC after setting the category to force a sync effort).

I don't think so. I just ran a quick test and my "Test" category didn't appear when I signed in on my laptop (I was sure to restart Steam on my PC after setting the category to force a sync effort).
strange,for me i had the same categories for years even with reinstalls

Guess I have been selling too many cards since Steam is asking me for extra information like my Social Security Number and if I am a resident of the US. :///

I kinda wish Steam had a third option for reviews besides "Recommended" and "Not recommended." I've been playing 99 Spirits and it's okay, but it can get terribly grindy--and not in a good way, either. They seem to be adding things to the combat system as I play through the game, but the fundamentals of attacking and defending are still pretty mindless. Too bad, because I like the idea of having to guess the identity of the spirit you're fighting before you can hurt them.

Basically, it's a good podcast game--listen to the Bombcast or Idle Thumbs, knock out another chapter of 99 Spirits, get some Steam cards, hurray.

feel

Turns out Orcs Must Day 2 is indeed great! Looked so shit in the videos but had a blast playing a few hours with a friend. Thanks humble bundle.

Am I the only one that would always take time to be at my computer for the flash sale updates?
I bet hundreds here, including myself, plan their day around these deal flips.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What's the Just Cause 2 multiplayer about? Is it just competitive?

You can get people together to do competitive things, such as races or shoot outs or anything else to your heart's content with a large number of people in such an environment of an open world title with the amount of tools at your disposal.

I highly recommend trying to get a few zone people or more (the more the better) into a helicopter death match. Even if your helicopter is about to be destroyed, while not bail out and hijack someone else's helicopter?

If you don't want to fight friends, I also recommend three or more people trying stunts together. Two people with jets and one person trying to stay on at least one of them as they fly around the islands between buildings, under bridges, doing a barrel roll, etc.

It's really up to you and whomever you can work together with, and it's amazing.

Guys - I already know that the Winter Sale is going to be great. I think the Winter Sale will always hold a place in my heart since Enhanced Steam was conceived of and originally coded during the Winter Sale 2012. The first version of the code was a Greasemonkey script with less than 100 lines.

Fast forward one year, and Enhanced Steam has absolutely changed my life. As of a few minutes ago, the total download count for Enhanced Steam is 431,031. It's used by over 100,000 people (on average) every day. While it's true that I've had help from sites like Kotaku and Lifehacker in spreading the word, I know none of it would be possible without the support of Enhanced Steam users like you.

Last summer I even got to tour Valve's headquarters in Seattle and it was an amazing and surreal experience I'll never forget.

I just wanted to thank you all from the bottom of my heart and let everyone know that I am truly grateful for your continued support and encouragement.

We have just as much to thank you for, you've helped so many of us and it's truly appreciated.

Is this a good time to ask when it will work on SeaMonkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom