• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I bought all the games with achievements during the summer sale back in 2011 was it? If I had known that the hat would be worth hundreds now...

Anteater

You can get people together to do competitive things, such as races or shoot outs or anything else to your heart's content with a large number of people in such an environment of an open world title with the amount of tools at your disposal.

I highly recommend trying to get a few zone people or more (the more the better) into a helicopter death match. Even if your helicopter is about to be destroyed, while not bail out and hijack someone else's helicopter?

If you don't want to fight friends, I also recommend three or more people trying stunts together. Two people with jets and one person trying to stay on at least one of them as they fly around the islands between buildings, under bridges, doing a barrel roll, etc.

It's really up to you and whomever you can work together with, and it's amazing.

We have just as much to thank you for, you've helped so many of us and it's truly appreciated.

Is this a good time to ask when it will work on SeaMonkey?

No, it's just chaos. Hundreds of people grappling around the world and helicopters crashing everywhere, it's great.

Ahh I see, I guess I'll jump in and see what it's like!

DasFool

Is this new? Save an uncompressed copy of a screenshot?

jmEEq1MCXG178.PNG

Vibranium

Banned
HEY GABEN, PLS BRING THOSE XMAS ACTIVITIES AGAIN

I know that feeling man. I'm tempted to visit Valve just to tell their customer service reps how much I miss the Winter achievements and rewards. All they have to do is rework it so it can't be exploited this time.

Hell, give users a chance at rare TF2 items if they don't want to lose money on games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I know that feeling man. I'm tempted to visit Valve just to tell their customer service reps how much I miss the Winter achievements and rewards. All they have to do is rework it so it can't be exploited this time.

Hell, give users a chance at rare TF2 items if they don't want to lose money on games.

Hell, make it so that you need to own x amount of games to participate so that it won't be exploited.

DocSeuss

Combining the generosity of 2010's treasure hunt with the crafting system of 2011 would be amazing... too amazing, so it's not going to happen.

I don't remember what happened in 2011, but yeah, coal's never going to happen again. Valve's an evil company at heart.

Thezez

Banned
One before the storm...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Thezez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Garry's Mod -- MB-281FAD54156E9240 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.

t1387437665z1.png

feel

Combining the generosity of 2010's treasure hunt with the crafting system of 2011 would be amazing... too amazing, so it's not going to happen.
Does anyone know of a place where I can read about what went on in these sale events? I joined PC gaming in mid 2012 and it seems like I missed out, I keep hearing about how great they were and seeing hints of them in people's inventories.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you bring tears to my eyes

;_;

I was going to post a gif of the scene in HILN where Saoirse breaks down, but it would have weighed in at 7MB, so iknowthatfeelbro.jpg.

I wish I bought all the games with achievements during the summer sale back in 2011 was it? If I had known that the hat would be worth hundreds now...

I hate myself for not buying Game of Thrones during the 2011 Winter Sale as that 2XP forfeiture is going to haunt my profile forever.

I don't remember what happened in 2011, but yeah, coal's never going to happen again. Valve's an evil company at heart.

The Winter Sale of 2011 is when coal made its debut.

Does anyone know of a place where I can read about what went on in these sale events? I joined PC gaming in mid 2012 and it seems like I missed out, I keep hearing about how great they were and seeing hints of them in people's inventories.

2010 Winter Sale: http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Steam_Treasure_Hunt
2011 Summer Sale: http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Steam_Summer_Camp
2011 Winter Sale: http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Gift_Pile

Today I set up a steam account for my daughter. I then logged in on the laptop and enabled family sharing.
From there I set about 10 games to be in the family group and enabled parental controls with a pin. It all works pretty nicely.

She then spent a couple of hours this afternoon playing Faire solitaire. Tomorrow she'll see the steam sale pop up.

I've started something here.

Today I set up a steam account for my daughter. I then logged in on the laptop and enabled family sharing.
From there I set about 10 games to be in the family group and enabled parental controls with a pin. It all works pretty nicely.

She then spent a couple of hours this afternoon playing Faire solitaire. Tomorrow she'll see the steam sale pop up.

I've started something here.

Better guard your credit cards.

Smash88

Banned
I would totally get DayZ at $20ish. $30 just seems too high for the current state the game is in.

Hell, not even Dunder can get a good deal for DayZ.

morning guys,

what the hell is going on with Amazon digital games's storefront? it's displaying the Max Payne bundle for 6,99$ and Alien Colonial Marines for 1,99$ but when I click in the Shop Now button the prices are different :\

sheaaaa

Castlevania Lords of Shadow is unavailable on the Steam store in my region (Singapore). Anyone know if it would work if I were to buy it through Amazon? SteamDB doesn't seem to indicate any restriction. Thanks!

Anteater

gamersgate dailies:
Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition -75%
Saints Row: The Third -26% WTH? (><)
Legend of Grimrock -75%

that was stealthy release, what can be expected of Konami (><)

Did they even announce the game officially? lol

I thought all of the news were from kojima's podcast or something.

Dmax3901

I'll never forget the steam sale a couple of Christmases ago that added all the achievements to great little games that I probably wouldn't have played otherwise, and GAF did a great bingo thing that was a lot of fun :)

Grief.exe

Did they even announce the game officially? lol

I thought all of the news were from kojima's podcast or something.

The release leaked through Amazon actually, specifically Tony over on CAG.

I'll never forget the steam sale a couple of Christmases ago that added all the achievements to great little games that I probably wouldn't have played otherwise, and GAF did a great bingo thing that was a lot of fun :)

That was so much fun.

Arthea

TF2 items for winter badge crafting? Is it confirmed?
so disappointed now :(

edited: dunno what I expected, not unicorns and rainbows, but not TF2 items too

Onionkid

Yes! Loved actually engaging in the games for the tied-in rewards system. Even if they don't do that specifically again, I hope they make the actual sale more interactive like they used to in some other way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
TF2 items for winter badge crafting? Is it confirmed?
so disappointed now :(

edited: dunno what I expected, not unicorns and rainbows, but not TF2 items too

Maybe you'll be able to trade the items in for games/DLC, similar to the 2011 Summer Sale with its tickets. This would explain why they have their own inventory group instead of just being thrown into the general TF2 category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom