• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Yup, what you described is what I experience here. Same temperatures, same humidity.

A couple decades ago, the room where I currently have all my stuff set up (which is also my bedroom) had a wooden painting frame warp from the heat in the room. So, yeah, I'm not overclocking anything.. :D

Almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter?

JakeD

Groupees Holiday Helpings is active.
2 game minimum.
  • QUBE
  • Blood of the Werewolf
  • Driftmoon
  • Gateways
  • Gentlemen
  • Avernum Escape from the Pit
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter
  • Doctor Who Adventure 1
  • Draw a stickman Epic!
  • 9.03m

hmmm. the dev for Ethan:MH was on reddit complaining about poor sales (like 150 games sold type poor sales) and i suggested to him getting it in a groupees bundle, because us crazy folk in here will buy greenlight bundle games simply on the possibility of future keys. seems he took my advice! (now i have to buy it dammit)

textonly

Neo Member
Humble Puppy Bundle (Weekly bundle) coming soon.
http://www.girlgamersuk.com/2013/12/the-humble-puppy-bundle/

e2WxgEA.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Remember Depressurizer, the thing that would automatically create and sort games into categories for you?

Why didn't that continue to be made? It's better than Steam's own category manager, but not by much...

derExperte

FUBAR is just another old-fashioned World War II Zombie anthology featuring 15 stories from a virtual army of Small Press creators. This Zombie-Nazi smashing book spans the entire European theater from Sussex to Stalingrad as the Allies come face to face with the walking dead

In the Groupees Bundle. Okay, I'll take that.

How's Omerta: City of Gangsters? GOG.com's offering it to me for $8 as a special offer.

Boring.

cicero

Today I set up a steam account for my daughter. I then logged in on the laptop and enabled family sharing.
From there I set about 10 games to be in the family group and enabled parental controls with a pin. It all works pretty nicely.

She then spent a couple of hours this afternoon playing Faire solitaire. Tomorrow she'll see the steam sale pop up.

I've started something here.
oh how nice. I hadn't even tried checking out the family sharing specifics until now.

Humble Puppy Bundle (Weekly bundle) coming soon.
http://www.girlgamersuk.com/2013/12/the-humble-puppy-bundle/

e2WxgEA.jpg

We’re proud to announce our crowning achievement, the Humble Puppy Bundle. On sale for the week commencing 19th December 2013 only, Puppygames entire current catalogue is up for sale at any price you care to pay, as is traditional. Customers may buy all our games for themselves or as special gifts this Christmas, and choose whatever amount they would like to donate to our chosen charity, which in this case is Gamesaid.org. Our catalogue includes Ultratron, Droid Assault, Titan Attacks, and Revenge of the Titans; also included is Sandbox Mode for Revenge of the Titans, and the Ultratron OST, the 14-track LP debut of Allicorn’s most banging hardcore electronic dance music (complete with sinister overtones and special appearances from Central Nexus); and the Revenge of the Titans EP, six tracks of awesome guitar/synth classical music from Strange And Delicious.

I feel like this was already a bundle?

Jawmuncher

Thanks for the Recommendations guys.

Game Wise I went with

Avernum
Qubed
Dr. Who
Driftmoon
Gentlemen
Draw a Stickman Epic.

All had pretty good reviews and for 3.50 it's a pretty good deal.
Steam key isn't loading for Dr. Who though. Actually clicking on it does nothing.
Anyone else have the same problem?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What do you mean "you should"? Hahahaha we're not all crazy you know.

Sorry, I meant "you will". :p

Also, Merry Sparemas:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

9.03m -- MB-E15D99DCFC743B7F - Taken by Cheddahz
Draw a Stickman Epic -- MB-DEC416B9184D4B6E - Taken by Chairmanchuck
QUBE -- MB-6B00EE0ED1D54972 - Taken by Zeliard
Gateways -- MB-9BD746055C62C846 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-D98813FB85B2AA60 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Avernum Escape from the Pit -- MB-E7A69B5F46272696 - Taken by topyy

nexen

I bought a bunch of games on that Groupees bundle and all redeemed successfully except Doctor Who - it didn't give me a key. There is a picture and a link on my personal web page, but clicking it does nothing. Hard to get too worked up for how little I paid but would still like to get a copy...
edit: oh wait, I is idiot. Preorder. ok then.

Jawmuncher

I bought a bunch of games on that Groupees bundle and all redeemed successfully except Doctor Who - it didn't give me a key. There is a picture and a link on my personal web page, but clicking it does nothing. Hard to get too worked up for how little I paid but would still like to get a copy...

Had the same issue was Joe Molotov answered earlier.
Its not up on steam yet thus no key yet.

It's not released yet. Says in the description on the page, "Steam key will be given as soon as the game is released on Steam!"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You Literally didn't have to buy these games, as you could not select them when buying the bundle.

You do have issues, don't you?

My issue is that I care too much.

tumblr_inline_mk6d3cevyfal.gif

Thx for QUBE Jase :)
2 games I got from modbot today (thanks JaseC)
Looks like I need to throw up some games in a give away again.
Thanks JaseC :)
Thanks for 9.03m JaseC!

No worries. :)

Merry Sparemas Jase. :)

<3

Jawmuncher

Here's a pretty meh leftover giveaway.
I'll chalk something up better in a bit.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Farm -- MB-C8A14F10736C5890 - Taken by Sarcasm
Chainz 2: Relinked -- MB-BC50D95842DEE66C - Taken by arts&crafts
Luxor Mahjong -- MB-74FC68B560FAAC67 - Taken by Ingueferroque

JakeD

was THIS close to accidentally buying the groupees bundle for $80. now i'll have the "we noticed you tried to blah blah" text on my account page for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom