• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

My main purchases for today'll be either just the flashes or flahses+expiring deals on tomorrow.
Either way i am prepared for the winter seal.

milena87

Just a reminder for Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (not to be confused with Two Brothers)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers -- MB-23F9725C89A74D99 - Taken by LiquidSolid. 47 entrants total.

t1387472313z1.png

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm really hoping the Steam pre-order for Metal Gear Rising is the same as Amazons pre-order, as I traded in some crappy anime my ex got me and I have the money to get MGR from Amazon and still have a few bucks left

fantomena

It's pretty weird to think over that many PC gamers are wondering if Aliens: CM is worth 1,99$ when the console only people will probably never get anywhere near that price.

I purchased from groupees Q.U.B.E. and Doctor Who: The Adventure Games - Season 1 but Doctor Who has no key attached to it. I click on its icon and nothing happens (unlike Q.U.B.E.)

Anyone else?

MNC

Just a reminder for Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (not to be confused with Two Brothers)

Hehe, the thumbnail says otherwise.

Would really love to try it. Probably will end up in my top 11 of games.

You cannot say no or you can not say not no?

Fuck man, I don't even know anymore. I usually can't say no to the Alien license, but even at 2, I can't say no to the fucking up of the Alien license.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I got Doctor Who, Gentlemen, 9.03, and Blood of the Werewolf on the Groupees deal since those seemed like the least over-exposed so far in terms of bundle availability.

I haven't been keeping up with things. Why is it assumed that the Christmas sale starts today?

1. Because a leaked developer email which confirmed the dates of the fall and holiday sales gave today as a date.

2. Because a magazine article that mentioned Steam games as a holiday gift gave today as the date.

3. Because the daily deals are 24 hours right now instead of 48 and there are no mid-week deals.

Jawmuncher

It's pretty weird to think over hat many PC gamers are wondering if Aliens: CM is worth 1,99$ when the console only peopel will probably never get anywhere near that price.

Yeah it is pretty funny.
If I saw A:CM for that price on consoles i'd be there in a heart beat.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thanks !

Enjoy!

1. Because a leaked developer email which confirmed the dates of the fall and holiday sales gave today as a date.

2. Because a magazine article that mentioned Steam games as a holiday gift gave today as the date.

3. Because the daily deals are 24 hours right now instead of 48 and there are no mid-week deals.

You're thinking of weeklies.

webrunner

I got Doctor Who, Gentlemen, 9.03, and Blood of the Werewolf on the Groupees deal since those seemed like the least over-exposed so far in terms of bundle availability.

4. Because the mid-week deals currently running end at 10am pst instead of the usual afternoon time.

So I bought Driftmoon from the Groupees bundle (aswell as everything else) and registered it on steam. When I added it, it said "Steamapp #______ added to account" but neither Driftmoon or steamapp are in my library.

And thanks Jawmuncher for chainz. I love a good puzzle game.

Dr Dogg

Brilliant, now I've got "Let It Snow" stuck in my head and conversely Die Hard.

Time to pace up and down the office waiting for the Seals to come.

Coooomme on, come on!

nexen

So I bought Driftmoon from the Groupees bundle (aswell as everything else) and registered it on steam. When I added it, it said "Steamapp #______ added to account" but neither Driftmoon or steamapp are in my library.

Same thing happened to me with Stick man, but it appeared in my library. Try re-adding or restarting or both.

Zia

Man, I chose a baaaaaaad week to spend all of my disposable income on gifts of Speculoos.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but I should take it as a "YOU SHOULD STOP SPENDING SO MUCH ON GAMES YOU'LL NEVER PLAY YOU FOOL. ALSO YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF YOUR CHAIR AND CLEAN THE GRAPHICS CARD. ALSO YOU SHOULD STOP SHOUTING AT YOURSELF, BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL THINK YOU ARE CRAZY" advice and stop buying so many games.

I'm probably going to buy MGR anyway, sales are like a drug at this point.

Its a title worth the money!

Turfster

It doesn't have a store page yet either.
Relax, you'll get it once it goes live (probably later today, which would make the most sense)

Restarting Steam should fix that.

Jawmuncher

Game actually isn't released on Steam yet.
So basically you put in a preorder key.
It'll show when it's on the store page.

derExperte

It's pretty weird to think over hat many PC gamers are wondering if Aliens: CM is worth 1,99$ when the console only peopel will probably never get anywhere near that price.

See, PCs cost 2000$ per year to maintain, we can't just go and buy a 2$ game without thinking long and hard about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey now, it's not as though I paid AUD$65 for a retail copy of a Steam game I couldn't play even if I wanted to because it's entirely in Traditional Chinese.

Oh, wait.

nexen

Tried readding said I owned the game, also restarted steam.-------and nvm Jawmuncher is correct :p

oh, I didn't realize. I saw it pop up in my account history so I figured it was good to go.

You know what, just ignore me today. I'm not operating on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom