• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Thanks whoever donated those keys, looking forward to playing Dirt 2.

Let me know if you ever find any issues with GFWL, I found none and finished both Dirt 2 & 3 last month.

My best advice is to opt Out of Steam Beta. That fixed my problems with the game and GFWL for good fellow GAFfer! :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why did you buy a key from a Chinese key reseller? Did you really need to have more than one version of that particular game on steam?

Haha, Tecmo only published it in a few countries so it's still super expensive, but luckily Atraveller hooked me up with a retail copy for a little less than what I'd found by browsing online shops (not resellers). For reasons known only to Tecmo, the game has never been available on Steam itself. Other region-specific retail copies I need to buy are the various Korean Football Managers, the Asian version of FM 2013, and Japanese SKUs of a handful of games (FEAR 2, Risen 2, Dead Island, Homefront and... something else, I think). The older versions of FM aside, I'm looking at $30~$40+ per game, so they're not something I'll act on until next year -- I'll probably buy one or two a month depending on how my general Steam spending unfolds.

Doomedfool

I am completely broke until Christmas, and I have 88 cents in my steam wallet, yet I am still excited for the sale to start for some reason.

Jawmuncher

Thanks a ton Anon.

__________________________________________________________________________-

Can't wait for the sale to start i'll finally be able to make this badge.

Zeliard

Thank you friendly benefactor for SpaceChem, and for that great giveaway in general

I look forward to frying my brain over the holiday. :)

topyy

have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Organ Trail Director's Cut -- MB-62F5EB2294202202 - Taken by maneil99
Aquaria -- MB-37C6599315707699 - Taken by wazoo
Cognition Ep.2 -- MB-551A05F930F193BF - Taken by Mikurden
Cognition Ep.1 -- MB-7E5F6CD6B489B884 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-2B37D732458727D6 - Taken by Fuu
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-2DCE691AACB6970D - Taken by chronomac
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-B6B6B8C10DA2C864 - Taken by Htown
The Showdown Effect -- MB-3AB02B350B03ABBE - Taken by GaussTek
McPixel -- MB-C73117CC9D0DD9CF - Taken by Purkake4
Star Wolves 3 Civil War -- MB-6EFDF5B1EBDD2006 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by freshVeggie
Two Worlds II -- MB-1E15FBBC1CB6207F - Taken by Servizio
Fractal -- MB-29C3C2B24771225A - Taken by SSPssp
Nightsky -- MB-21A143F35704006D - Taken by Arthea
Waking Mars -- MB-5A677617D3C5C162 - Taken by afternoon delight

It will be. GAF's Konami rep confirmed as much before he was told off and forced to edit his posts, haha.

haha holy shit, seriously? I missed this. I'll have to go and check my thread with his posts. That's hilarious

edit : awesome. he edited the posts, but since everyone quoted it...doesnt matter too much

It's pretty weird to think over that many PC gamers are wondering if Aliens: CM is worth 1,99$ when the console only people will probably never get anywhere near that price.

This is a ridiculous statement and can be said about any game ever.

JakeD

*secretly hopes all these people winning modbot giveaways and disqualifying themselves leads to my inevitable Brothers victory*

W1SSY

Let me know if you ever find any issues with GFWL, I found none and finished both Dirt 2 & 3 last month.

My best advice is to opt Out of Steam Beta. That fixed my problems with the game and GFWL for good fellow GAFfer! :)

Thanks for the tip. I will have to make sure I do that before I start playing it.

Tagyhag

Thank you anon for Hard Reset! All this kindness makes me want to do a giveaway too.

Time to save up for a Summer Sale giveaway!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarfs?! -- MB-AE36855D8141BF1A - Taken by topyy
Zeno Clash -- MB-2AC525B2BDD506CA - Taken by Nzyme32
Killing Floor -- MB-6EC07AF123FDDB85 - Taken by trailmix16

My first ever giveaway! Snagged Zeno Clash 2 but didn't have any use for the others. They're steam gift links from the humble bundle, so make sure you've got your login info handy.

Acccent

Crap, I won the SpaceChem Corvi DLC but didn't realize I already had it :/ I'm super super sorry.

Since it was given anonymously I've gone ahead and nuked it and I'm going to give it away again in a sec

Actually thinking about it I believe I just have a soft spot for Aliens and or Predators.
Because I enjoyed AVP immensely as well. Which most people dislike though not nearly as much as A:CM.
Aliens vs Predator 2010 got too much undeserved flack. Single player campaigns were passable albeit with good performance and visuals, but the multiplayer held up nicely once the devs sorted out its initial issues. Peer-to-peer and automated matchmaking only at launch was a bit of a buzzkill, but it was so much fun after they patched in dedicated servers with browser. Playing Marines was scary and intense, controlling the Aliens felt so smooth once you understood how they worked (and learned about their hidden nuances) and Predators in the right hands were quite methodical if you knew the map layout (as well as how to reduce cloak static). Provided you were playing in a team-based mode; none of that braindead Deathmatch hocus pocus.

I wouldn't mind another multiplayer-only AvP from Rebellion since now it's easier than ever to release a budget-priced game digitally, but I'm afraid this'll never happen.

The hell is a snowglobe?

That crystal ball with famous parts of the world in it, that you shake and it seems to fall snow inside, I think...

It's coming...

international-playthings-snowglobe-seal-nc34768.jpg

Thanks, anonymous benefactor

I am giving away an Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin key) -- MB-096C896716E2DD3C

Jawmuncher

Aliens vs Predator 2010 got too much undeserved flack. Single player campaigns were passable albeit with good performance and visuals, but the multiplayer held up nicely once the devs sorted out its initial issues. Peer-to-peer and automated matchmaking only at launch was a bit of a buzzkill, but it was so much fun after they patched in dedicated servers with browser. Playing Marines was scary and intense, controlling the Aliens felt so smooth once you understood how they worked (and learned about their hidden nuances) and Predators in the right hands were quite methodical if you knew the map layout (as well as how to reduce cloak static). Provided you were playing in a team-based mode; none of that braindead Deathmatch hocus pocus.

I wouldn't mind another multiplayer-only AvP from Rebellion since now it's easier than ever to release a budget-priced game digitally, but I'm afraid this'll never happen.

I would love a MP centric AVP title. that the series bread and butter and it's just so great.
I agree AVP 2010 got unfairly shit on. Though at least it wasn't drug down to A:CM reviews level.

Acccent

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC -- MB-19F1D788C164D193 - Taken by MMBosstones86

Here's the SpaceChem DLC key. It's not mine, don't thank me! It's was initially given anonymously in this post.

Enco

I got Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition from modbot. Thanks to whoever uploaded it.

I thought it was a different Sword of the Stars game but this looks pretty interesting too. I think it's time I give something back. I'll have a look at any spare codes I have and post them up.

A fantastic way to spend <5$ when it's on sale. The campaign is 40% cringe-worthy in terms of substance but the execution and actually playing the game were really damn fun and intuitive.

And thank you topyy for Waking Mars, I've been interested in it ever since finding it on GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom