• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
snowglobe%20helmet%201.jpg

Also thanks for the organ trail

I prefer this ornament:

:p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC wants to own every game available on Steam just to collect them. His intent is not to play them. He buys them to collect them. The most valuable stuff for him is stuff that's rare or likely to be pulled or can't be obtained normally, not the games that are the best. So if you analyze his purchasing decision within those parameters, it's a good one.

Precisely! $65 may seem excessive, but when you consider that the game never made it outside of select Asian countries and literally the only alternative to having somebody buy it for me was import it myself at a greater cost (approx. AUD$82.50), it was, relatively speaking, a good buy.

I would love a MP centric AVP title. that the series bread and butter and it's just so great.
I agree AVP 2010 got unfairly shit on. Though at least it wasn't drug down to A:CM reviews level.
10 - 15 dollar Aliens vs Predator team- or objective-based multiplayer sequel with free patches and scheduled new maps at a low price. Give it to me now.

It, Chrome Hounds 2 (by FROM Software) and another MP Shadowrun are secretly some of my most-wanted sequels.

A fantastic way to spend <5$ when it's on sale. The campaign is 40% cringe-worthy in terms of substance but the execution and actually playing the game were really damn fun and intuitive.
Crying shame there isn't too much competitive multiplayer activity anymore though. At least I don't think there is, but there's still the possibility of playing the Survival co-op (think Horde Mode) with friends. Hell of a lot better than Aliens: Colonial Marines (even graphically) either way.

Dr Dogg

You have to craft a badge to get a card, damn. That's why I didn't know anything about it, haven't craft anything for ages.

That and it will probably be like the Summer event were you get a random card drop for every time you participate in the community vote. Well at a guess.

The_Monk

Precisely! $65 may seem excessive, but when you consider that the game never made it outside of select Asian countries and literally the only alternative to having somebody buy it for me was import it myself at a greater cost (approx. AUD$82.50), it was, relatively speaking, a good buy.

It's your Collecting hobby. As long it's not an addiction it's fine. In my opinion there are no such thing as a silly hobby when it comes to Collecting. Some people collect coins, stamps, bottles, etc. The important thing is that you are happy are like to do what you do. :)

Keep it up Jase!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Thanks to the anonymous benefactor (in the giveaway before THIS anonymous giveaway) for Brutal Legend, and thanks to topyy for Stealth Bastard!

edit: lemme see if I can get my own giveaway going so I don't feel like an ass

The Cowboy

Noooooo, I missed out on Aliens CM, dam my stupid self for jumping the last page instead of viewing first unread.

I actually wanna try it, I just don't wanna buy it :D.
---
Anyways, heck of a giveaway whoever it was - thanks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's your Collecting hobby. As long it's not an addiction it's fine. In my opinion there are no such thing as a silly hobby when it comes to Collecting. Some people collect coins, stamps, bottles, etc. The important thing is that you are happy are like to do what you do. :)

Keep it up Jase!

I do it with the hope that, one day, I'll be able to buy Anno 1404. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom