• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
:eek:

Thank you so much Jørdan! :D

When I saw you post this I thought to myself how lovely it was that you are able to actually post ModBot giveaways now thanks to Stump being awesome. I think it must have been that which swung fate in my favour!

I have never played a single Elder Scrolls game before so I'm really quite excited by this :D. Thank you :).

You sir are in for a treat.

The_Monk

When I saw you post this I thought to myself how lovely it was that you are able to actually post ModBot giveaways now thanks to Stump being awesome. I think it must have been that which swung fate in my favour!

I have never played a single Elder Scrolls game before so I'm really quite excited by this :D. Thank you :).

Thank you Jordan and I'm just happy it went to a good home!

Have fun! :)

FloatOn

On the subject of Virtua Tennis, with the success of Sonic Racing Transformed on PC my hope is that SUMO find it in their hearts to port Sega Superstar Tennis. During my short lived experience with 360 back in the day that was one of the first games I played on it and it was a ton of fun.

Ben652

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lucius -- MB-03ADAF2097DCAAEF - Taken by skullmuffins

I took a key from the anonymous give away without realising I already owned it!

Jørdan

Your very welcome, great to see it will be appreciated. It was also my first Elder Scrolls game, I hope you fall in love with it as I did. Still remains the best game I've ever played. Enjoy!

Dr Dogg

Thank you, you fine gentlemen :).

As a relative noob to pc gaming still I have a lot of catching up to do! Morrowind seems like a good a place as any :).

It's a bit creaky in places (well it is 10 years old) but still has one of the most immersive worlds to get lost in. Plus being a bibliophile I was caught up in the amount of lore in some of the books in the game.

wazoo

On the subject of Virtua Tennis, with the success of Sonic Racing Transformed on PC my hope is that SUMO find it in their hearts to port Sega Superstar Tennis. During my short lived experience with 360 back in the day that was one of the first games I played on it and it was a ton of fun.

Sega Tennis is on mac, that the worst part of it.

Acccent

IT IS TIME

Giveaway, Please!

Here are the entrants again:
woo and indeed hoo, C4rter, Lord British, zkylon, Shagrath, Ogedai_Khan, The_Super_Inframan, corrosivefrost, kulapik, Rickenslacker, Letters, intheinbetween, keit4, scorpscarx, yoshizzle, chronomac, snoopeasystreet, MakeshiftChef, ussjtrunks, Cheddahz, Knurek, Jørdan, AsylumX, Nabs, alr1ght, bigwinnerx, tylergregg, The_Monk
If your name isn't in there you are not eligible for this giveaway, sorry

To win one of 10 Papers, Please codes* follow those instructions:
  1. Get your pencils and some ***paper*** (you can also use MS Paint if you must)
  2. Forge a fake passport! Make up a fun name and take inspiration from the passports shown in the game
  3. Please don't use your real name and don't include your real passport's number.
  4. Feel free to create more papers to increase the probability of your admission into Glorious Arstotzka if you want! But remember that sometimes, quality > quantity...
  5. Take a picture (or just save the Paint file) and send it to me via PM. You can also post it here if you're particularly proud of it I suppose!
  6. You have roughly one hour to complete this herculan task
  7. The 10 foreigners whose passports I deem the most convincing and/or funny and/or generally suitable for entry into Glorious Arstotzka will win the game!

Countdown until the border closes (and the contest ends):
t1387476000z0.png

I'll post the results shortly after, with links to the images.

*as stated previously if you win I won't send you a key right away, as I'd like to wait to see if it isn't discounted during the Steam Sale :) but you'll get the game in any case!

If you have a half-way decent PC there are a lot of graphical overhaul mods to make the game look even better.

Thanks very much, bookmarked :).

Jørdan;94141477 said:
Your very welcome, great to see it will be appreciated. It was also my first Elder Scrolls game, I hope you fall in love with it as I did. Still remains the best game I've ever played. Enjoy!

Wow, that's quite some praise. If I take to it anywhere near like you I shall be happy :).

It's a bit creaky in places (well it is 10 years old) but still has one of the most immersive worlds to get lost in. Plus being a bibliophile I was caught up in the amount of lore in some of the books in the game.

Sounds like my sort of game! :)

Right, I must go and eat!

Be safe out there [in the Sale] boys and girls :).

EDIT:

Clear a month from your schedule right now.

Noted!

^^^^^^^

Welp! I should have paid more attention in Art Academy!

Right, om nom nom time!

Just a reminder for Brothers A Tale of Two Sons (not to be confused with Two Brothers)

Thank you kindly, sir. This is one of those games that I wanted to play before the GOTY voting but it just wasn't a priority when I had so much other stuff to buy. Now I'll make sure to play it before voting ends.

So 52 minutes until Steam Sale, right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone notice or mention that Warframe and Path of Exile have their own market headings now?

I really hope PoE doesn't go the Diablo III way and turn the Steam marketplace into a way to buy in-game items for real dollars.

7E0FvL4.png

Asharakk

Thank you kindly, sir. This is one of those games that I wanted to play before the GOTY voting but it just wasn't a priority when I had so much other stuff to buy. Now I'll make sure to play it before voting ends.

So 52 minutes until Steam Sale, right?

Aye! Got my Steam wallet ready and waiting. Really hoping for great deals on Saints Row 4 and maybe perhaps Metro Last Light.

curlycare

Wow so jelly, you'll get to taste the game of the decade for the first time! :D

Jørdan

IT IS TIME

Going to be a great contest, looking forward to seeing the
hilarious
results. I don't own a digital camera so I really appreciate being able to embarrass myself with MS Paint instead. Thanks again, hopefully something recognizable will emerge in an hour.

Dr Dogg

A teardown of a Steam Machine:

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Steam+Machine+Teardown/20473

I got bored and priced it out (or something similar at least) at pcpartpicker:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2mNHx

I think everything matches, but the case.

A decent HTPC case would work
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product_case.php?tno=0&case=c_htpc&area=en

There are some dual slot/mATX ones there that should be discrete enough.

Hahaha I'll probably set you off on a adventure now looking at slimline cases.

derExperte

I wanted to complete TWD S2 E1 but playing a depressing zombie game while thinking happy thoughts about the upcoming sale doesn't feel right. Too much cognitive dissonance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom