• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I had frog legs once a million years ago and loved it. I think I'll just start eating every animal I come across.

Oreoleo

Is DLC Quest worth getting or is it another one of those games built upon a joke that quickly wears thin?

It's pretty short, but I found it to be very clever. I don't think the game overstays it's welcome at all.

Edit: Do you see it on sale right now somewhere? $3 is basically nothing, but I think it was $1 or $1.50 in the last sale, and Thanksgiving is like a week away..

Played Rage for a good 30 minutes so far. The gunplay is a little weird, and there's screen tearing all over the place. I'm going to look up some kind of fix for the screen tearing part, but gameplay so far is pretty decent.

Yes. Those PC games won't play themselves or magically transform themselves to meat.

Not a huge fan of frog legs. Tastes like rubbery chicken.

Escargot is the rubberiest thing I have ever eaten. I felt like I was chewing a tire. Frog legs slathered in a butter sauce is great. (Well back when I could have butter.)

I had frog legs once a million years ago and loved it. I think I'll just start eating every animal I come across.
Speaking of frog legs, I remember something really dumb from high school. Some genius got the dead frogs from biology class, and cooked it during break time, and then more geniuses joined and ate them. The smell of ethoxyethane is insufferable.

AsylumX

Does a cow looks tasty to you? A black and white creature chewing grass and constantly farting?.

The ones that make chocolate milk are not black and white...

Milka_Cow_by_miki3d.jpg

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Is DLC Quest worth getting or is it another one of those games built upon a joke that quickly wears thin?
It's definitely built on a joke, but it's not as moronic and single-note as, say, McPixel. Being only about an hour long, it doesn't really last long enough to get old. (Live Freemium or Die is slightly longer...and weirdly enough, has improved jump physics.)

The one thing that makes it slightly less of a farce is that it is timed and there are leaderboards. I have a soft spot for that kinda thing. Though to be frank, if that piques your interest you may want to look into Half-Minute Hero...which is more of a game that has some jokes as opposed to a joke game, if that makes any sense.

Overall it's not bad (which was a pleasant surprise, as my expectations were set pretty low) but it is inconsequential. If you're going to get it you might as well wait until it's $0.75 during the sale in a few days.

Card Boy

Banned
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is amazing guys, go and get it you love Diabloesque Loot games. It's one of the best out there.

It's like Titan Quest: Immortal Throne x Torchlight 2 and has the best of both worlds.

I am having a nerdgasm here. SOOGOOD.GIF

Better than Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 and even PoE.

Caerith

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is amazing guys, go and get it you love Diabloesque Loot games. It's one of the best out there.

It's like Titan Quest: Immortal Throne x Torchlight 2 and has the best of both worlds.

I hear the Adventures of Van Helsing is (are?) incredible.

JaseC

I was going to jump into Helsing a couple of months ago, but I figured I first ought to finish the Grim Dawn alpha... and Torchlight 2, both of which have returned to the backburner in favour of AssCreed.

That's my strategy.

I think my first order of business will be penguin... then panda. :p

Card Boy

Banned
I was going to jump into Helsing a couple of months ago, but I figured I first ought to finish the Grim Dawn alpha... and Torchlight 2, both of which have returned to the backburner in favour of AssCreed.

They have made a shittone of changes, improvements and fixes since release. I'm in love with this game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I completely agree. Although I'm waiting for a sale on the DLC before I do my 3rd playthrough.

waiting_skeleton.jpg

You can now go back to discussing games while I try the new tf2 mvm maps
Ew, MVM. :(

At least they added a community map I enjoy to official rotation!

It's pretty fun, but I find it limited in scope to truly compare to the greats of the genre. It's worth playing for the price and length, I enjoyed it. Definitely better than the Torchlight series though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
According to the internet, you have a week to wait.

I wish. But in reality it probably isn't true. There was some drama on the official game forum on Steam where user outcry (that the DLC wasn't on sale and never has been) was met with the developer saying:

there will be no discount on DLC separately as we are focusing only on a sale for the complete pack at this point.

The thread devolved into much nerd rage and was subsequently removed.

There's even a new thread discussing the removal of the old one.

So - I seriously doubt we'll see a sale on the DLC any time soon... maybe never according to the devs

JaseC

I wish. But in reality it probably isn't true. There was some drama on the official game forum on Steam where user outcry (that the DLC wasn't on sale and never has been) was met with the developer saying:

The thread devolved into much nerd rage and was subsequently removed.

There's even a new thread discussing the removal of the old one.

That rationalisation doesn't even make sense; even if the DLC were discounted the Complete Pack would still be of better value to new customers.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for Fox318:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you past.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-6C45EFC68D047B43 - Taken by trailmix16. 8 entrants total.

t1385104145z1.png
3AQmK.gif

jshackles

That rationalisation doesn't even make sense; even if the DLC were discounted the Complete Pack would still be of better value to new customers.

My understanding of the mindset they're operating under is "We developed the DLC so that people who already own the game will pay full price." In the aforementioned deleted thread, they basically said "C'mon guys, the DLC is so good. And buying all three is still cheaper than buying the complete pack".

$0.03 cheaper.

EDIT: Also, this is new and I actually think it's a very welcome improvement.

G7V3aL7.png

FOX_

Neo Member

I think my first order of business will be penguin... then panda. :p

JaseC, looks like Mad Max: Fury Road finally has a 2015 release date! Can't wait to return to the land down under- loved the first two with good ol' Mel!

Well I'm playing Arkham Asylum and I'm having controller issues. I installed x360ce and put the proper hook modes into the ini to make my old Logitech work with the game, but for some reason holding down on the right analog stick readies the batarang. This is the only problem after I set it up.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Earlier tonight I beat English Country Tune. Recommended to puzzle fans of virtually all stripes. Weirdly, it pulls its punches toward the end when
all of the mechanics are finally utilized simultaneously
, but I don't think I can hold that against it when the rest of the game kept me so engaged.

...Now I gotta think of something else for lunch breaks at work that is undemanding and playable in very short bursts.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe, any good? Not sure if it looks good or basic.
I would say both. It's not stealing any crowns from SMB3/SMW, but it's a solid platformer with precise controls and catchy music. You get three hearts and infinite lives. The PC version decreases the difficulty of the main game by adding a mid-level checkpoint, expanding your view of the playfield and taking away the time limit, but adds tougher "Ghost" versions of each level. (I have only played the 3DS version.)

Renegade Kid calls it "12-bit" but I think a rose-tinted version of GBC games would seem more apt.

I would say both. It's not stealing any crowns from SMB3/SMW, but it's a solid platformer with precise controls and catchy music. You get three hearts and infinite lives. The PC version decreases the difficulty of the main game by adding a mid-level checkpoint, expanding your view of the playfield and taking away the time limit, but adds tougher "Ghost" versions of each level.

Renegade Kid calls it "12-bit" but I think a rose-tinted version of GBC games would seem more apt.

Thanks for that. Might wait for a bigger discount.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kangaroo tastes like deer mixed with fish. I did not like it at all. :/

I've had kangaroo before (only in burger form, never steak) and that's... not how I'd describe it. It's definitely a game meat like deer or moose. Fairly lean. I have no idea where you'd get fish from. You should try it again :p

Ostrich is unusual because I thought it would be like chicken or turkey but it's a red meat but it's still kind of like a white meat. Really weird. I enjoyed it though.

Horse is very similar to beef as well.

Y'all gotta eat more weird stuff.

Thanks for that. Might wait for a bigger discount.

I would if I were you. It's a fun game (great visual stuff too) but I don't think it ever rises above basic.

I've had kangaroo before (only in burger form, never steak) and that's... not how I'd describe it. It's definitely a game meat like deer or moose. Fairly lean. I have no idea where you'd get fish from. You should try it again :p

Correct. I have Kangaroo steaks quite often because it is cheap and quite tasty. The main problem I find with it is that it is very inconsistent, sometimes it is just too tough and isn't great to eat. As you said burger form is a good way to do it.

I would if I were you. It's a fun game (great visual stuff too) but I don't think it ever rises above basic.

Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom