• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, it worked for me before. But sometimes I can't buy from the online store ; if that happens, I use the app and it seems to work. Once in a while, it doesn't work at all. I don't remember the last time it failed to make a purchase. And if I use a credit card to make up the difference in the case that my Steam wallet isn't enough, the purchase will always go through.

It's odd that you can purchase from the US store at all as the payment method needs to match the region (this is also true of Steam Wallet -- e.g. I can't purchase from Steam US despite Steam AU also using USD).

It's odd that you can purchase from the US store at all as the payment method needs to match the region (this is also true of Steam Wallet -- e.g. I can't purchase from Steam US despite Steam AU also using USD).

I have also been able to buy things off the US store, but it might also that like in my case I use a U.S card and my account originated in the U.S when I made it years ago so steam wallet cards don't change that aspect even though I live in Japan now.

MNC

Seen already?
http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/25/commercial-steambox-prototype/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedly
prototype design

steammachines837ibuypower.jpg

After having seen the beauty of the PS4's internals, this somehow strikes a pretty bad/standard feeling to me. Like it's 'My First Casemod' or something. Oh well, prototype.

I have also been able to buy things off the US store, but it might also that like in my case I use a U.S card and my account originated in the U.S when I made it years ago so steam wallet cards don't change that aspect even though I live in Japan now.

Same here. I made my account when I was still living in the States with my US credit card. But on rare occasions I can't make purchases with wallet funds only. Does this ever happen to you?

Arthea

Oh I see.
Well anything to get more Japanese games on the system.
We're getting Neptunia next aren't we?

I very doubt that
But if we get, it'll sell no worries. (><)
Neptunia isn't a good game, but some jokes are funny

JaseC

In your case it makes perfect sense since you're using a US payment method and your Wallet is US-based, but I inferred from famicom's earlier posts that he was at some point using the JP store.

The Sershvation. Join up.

saoirsepattycake7ojy8.gif

After having seen the beauty of the PS4's internals, this somehow strikes a pretty bad/standard feeling to me. Like it's 'My First Casemod' or something. Oh well, prototype.
As long as it gets good airflow and isn't a total pain to repair (most laptops are terrible for repairs), I really don't mind.

sapsari

Morning GAF. I noticed I have an extra king from IndieGameStand. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for sapsari:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King Arthur's Gold -- MB-5D2688EFBA2A97FA - Taken by Knurek. 10 entrants total.

t1385460384z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yeah, I can relate to this but I'm in total agreement with Seanspeed here. Using ice + wrench is a really satisfying combo. The Bioshock series is absolutely worth experiencing for the story alone.

The combat peaks in part 2 but overall I would say that Infinite has the most compelling story out of the three.

Press on friend.
Oh, I will. As said before, the game is really well made but it's just that if there wheren't so much enemies, I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more.

Now that i've found some more plasmids the game seems to have "clicked". The exploration and discovery of hidden goodies is really enjoyable. I haven't received the Ice Plasmid yet, though. But telekenisis is fun. Lethal tennisballs. :p

And, uhm...
...I like the hacking mini-game. :/

My apologies for the late response.

In your case it makes perfect sense since you're using a US payment method and your Wallet is US-based, but I inferred from famicom's earlier posts that he was at some point using the JP store.

I generally have tried to stick to using the U.S store to not cause any confusion, but now that I think about it on a few occasions(two) I have accidently used the Japanese store using steam wallet funds from a gift card my mother sent me from the U.S and the purchase went through.

Knurek

Just a question to all people who played Bioshock - are there any permanently missable collectibles? I hate it when a game does that.

Milamber

Yes, missable Tonics, audiologs and some weopon upgrades.

Worst is on my first playthrough I was very thorough and yet I missed some audiologs still. I don't even feel like going through again.

My man! One of these days I should start reading again, got a bunch of sci-fi books I haven't touched yet.
Shame on you If you didn't read the entire Foundation series.

Arthea

I was so badly addicted to Peggle, I'm afraid to buy it again for steam, then again I can buy it and not play! Sounds like good keikaku, no?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Worst is on my first playthrough I was very thorough and yet I missed some audiologs still. I don't even feel like going through again.
And there's no way to return to places you've already been?
It's not so much that I want to find everything. If you find something that's cool, if you don't, well, you don't. But I like to have the possibility to get everything without consulting a guide or replaying the game a couple of times.

JaseC

That too.
Too scared of all the spiders to try

Just stay away from towels and you'll be okay.

I generally have tried to stick to using the U.S store to not cause any confusion, but now that I think about it on a few occasions(two) I have accidently used the Japanese store using steam wallet funds from a gift card my mother sent me from the U.S and the purchase went through.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I am not sure whether this would distinct JaseC

Yeah, I think I should be given a red name instead. :p

Yes, missable Tonics, audiologs and some weopon upgrades.

Can't you backtrack? Bio2 disallows this but, IIRC, it's possible in the original.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Shame on you If you didn't read the entire Foundation series.
Only the first one. I love Asimov and I own two other books in the series, but I want to read them in release order. I haven't been able to track the ones I'm missing yet.

I haven't read anything by Ray Bradbury either, though I started The Martian Chronicles thrice.

Just let me know if you need more recommendations. Loads more where this came from. :)
That would be great! Can't promise you I'll read them, as I've been out of the habit for a long time, but it'd be good to keep them in mind for when I eventually go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom