• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

thanks for these resources.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what I would actually play soon if the price is right instead of just buying everything and working out playing them later.

I realize this is antithetical the general steam purchasing philosophy on steamgaf.

Since iBuyPower showed their Steam Machine prototype I'm wondering if Valve is going to release more info about the OS/streaming/controller etc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How long has it been since the last JaseC avatar update? Feels like forever!

Only a few days, so I'll probably change it in 3-4. :p

thanks for these resources.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around what I would actually play soon if the price is right instead of just buying everything and working out playing them later.

I realize this is antithetical the general steam purchasing philosophy on steamgaf.

Buy licensed games ASAP and purchase everything else later down the track. ;)

Since iBuyPower showed their Steam Machine prototype I'm wondering if Valve is going to release more info about the OS/streaming/controller etc.

If nothing else, we're almost in December and Valve said it wanted to ship beta units to users before the end of the year, so we can't be more than two weeks away from an announcement there.

Valve said they want to discuss what they've learned from the beta at SDD which will be on the 15-16th Jan, so I'd like to think by that time the beta will be under way for a month. I don't think they could conclude anything substantial from a week or two.

JakeD

hey guys whats the file you should backup to ensure offline mode will work properly?

google says "winui.gcf" but im not seeing it anywhere...im assuming an update moved it or changed the name?

anybody know? sorry to bump this but my internet has dropped mysteriously a few times in the last couple days and i want to be prepared

JakeD

I thought offline mode just... worked... these days?

i thought so too..but one of the times my internet dropped i tried to switch to offline mode and got a "steam can't connect to network" message. i didn't really get a chance to try to fix it, because my internet came back. but it has me paranoid now

Jawmuncher

anybody know? sorry to bump this but my internet has dropped mysteriously a few times in the last couple days and i want to be prepared

I thought offline mode just... worked... these days?

Steam offline mode is very odd beast. Not to mention very tricky.
For it to work correctly your password needs to be set to remember me.
But regardless of that I have had a 50/50 chance with it. Really hope Steam simplifies it for Steam Box. Sadly Origin has a better offline mode than steam.

Jawmuncher

You'll get your wish if GameFly drops it to $15 ($15 - 20% = $12).

Sounds good to me.
12 and less for any game is my "might as well" price. At least for games that were 40 or more.

Also I just got Steam Offline to work.
Just disabled Steam from connection online at all. guess even when offline here Steam kept thinking it was connected.

some dude has nascar 2013 for $5....i know it's nascar, but how is it, anybody play it? i do like my fix of professional racing once in a while, and $5 is a sweet spot for it; just don't like having absolute shit games i'll never want to play twice in my list, unlike most of the people here :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this the reason why there is no weekly deals?

It's a safe bet, yes.

some dude has nascar 2013 for $5....i know it's nascar, but how is it, anybody play it? i do like my fix of professional racing once in a while, and $5 is a sweet spot for it; just don't like having absolute shit games i'll never want to play twice in my list, unlike most of the people here :p

Rectify your (lack of) enthusiasm with a $5 Nascar game!

bloke

In case someone don't have it yet...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dirt 2 -- MB-FAE806B0C9F6AE24 - Taken by Jusoni

haha, i just meant, if it's an awful game, i don't want it. if it's a passable nascar game i'm down to drive in some donuts, turn the rules off, and ram everyone off the road (as i saw in the entire trailer on steam; it's 80% crashes lol) once in a while. wondering if it's decent for what it is?

Arthea

NASCAR in GT5 counts? If yes, no, don't buy it
just kidding

Addnan

haha, i just meant, if it's an awful game, i don't want it. if it's a passable nascar game i'm down to drive in some donuts, turn the rules off, and ram everyone off the road (as i saw in the entire trailer on steam; it's 80% crashes lol) once in a while. wondering if it's decent for what it is?

It's an awful game

Armacham facility is pretty much a worse segment than the much criticized HL vehicular segments combined. I thought it was never going to end! There was just no sense of progression in it and Monolith acknowledget that in the recent RPS feature. They had few artists working on it and it showed.

It's an awful game

4 rlz? that sucks, i love wrc 4 and i enjoy playing f1 2012 every now and then. i totally forgot GT5 even had nascar stuff in it. the load times in that game just made me puke so i played it for about 2 hours. which is less than the time it took to install the game along with the 50 updates i needed before i could boot up my disc of the game (lol).

i loved GT2, 3 was eh, 4 at least was the best looking ps2 game ever made, but damn i could not stand the formula by 5.

Arthea

4 rlz? that sucks, i love wrc 4 and i enjoy playing f1 2012 every now and then. i totally forgot GT5 even had nascar stuff in it. the load times in that game just made me puke so i played it for about 2 hours. which is less than the time it took to install the game along with the 50 updates i needed before i could boot up my disc of the game (lol).

i loved GT2, 3 was eh, 4 at least was the best looking ps2 game ever made, but damn i could not stand the formula by 5.

holy smoke, you reminded me how long it takes to install GT5, download and install updates, kills all will to actually play a game afterwards.

I liked more or less all GT games, 5 might be my least liked too. I'm not sure I can blame nascar for it though.

Ahh good morning my dear SteamGafers.

When is the sale? :D
hahaha, been playing Blades of Time, is not as bad as many people make it sound.

I plan to play it next year or year after that, good to know it's not too bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom