• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Okay,

for those that played it, i Got Fallout: New Vegas today for steam and got a few minutes before it is done.

Had on Xbox 360 and pretty much finished everything minus old world blues and lonesome road.

What is the best graphics mod for the game? and on vanilla, is it optimized well?

kurahador

Spent $5 buying steam trading cards...what the hell is wrong with me?

Also...stop giving me booster pack Feep!!
Got them for Sequence twice...in a row.

Grief.exe

Okay,

for those that played it, i Got Fallout: New Vegas today for steam and got a few minutes before it is done.

Had on Xbox 360 and pretty much finished everything minus old world blues and lonesome road.

What is the best graphics mod for the game? and on vanilla, is it optimized well?

You are going to have to do some research, they may have a mod pack now like with Morrowind, but when I played NV it took a while to get all the mods synced up.

But Fallout 3 with mods looks amazing. Welcome to PC gaming.gif

2eys3i.png

439s40.png

Milamber

Okay,

Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition is a very comprehensive bugfix mod.

New Vegas Stutter Remover is great if you're seeing stuttering.

Fallout Mod Manager to reign in all your mods.

NMCs Texture Pack For New Vegas for your super Hi-Res textures.

MTUI for a better menu system.

For everything else, there is the New Vegas Nexus site.

wazoo

However, with Steam Machines, they have the form factor and accessible price of consoles, but will be updated every year. They will be constantly changing and improving, so they will rapidly outstrip consoles within a couple years, while remaining competitive in terms of price.

Your price assumption is not based on any facts. Considering that steambox sellers will not get any royalties from software, there is not any incentive to make efforts on the price like Sony/MS do.

wazoo

Anticipation of steam sales.

ModBot said:
Instructions for wazoo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem | Steam Key -- MB-F2FBD29B41469BBD - Taken by Tolerance
Really Big Sky | Steam Key -- MB-B2A43E95A27DB553 - Taken by rainking187
Data Jammers: FastForward | Steam Key -- MB-FA58595E614966DA - Taken by Milamber
SpaceChem: 63 Corvi DLC (add-on) | Steam Key -- MB-22B37CD283CEF46C - Taken by Deques

Anteater

You are going to have to do some research, they may have a mod pack now like with Morrowind, but when I played NV it took a while to get all the mods synced up.

But Fallout 3 with mods looks amazing. Welcome to PC gaming.gif

How well does it run with those graphics? :eek:

Seanspeed

Banned
Okay,

NMC's textures, like milamber said.

But also Nevada skies.

This one just completely changes the atmosphere of the game. I love it.

Weapon Retexture Project will also change most weapons from awful looking to decent.

You can also get away with just having the Nexus Mod Manager(that works for multiple games) instead of the specific Fallout Mod Manager. Its super easy to work with.

Two recent pics of mine:

You just need to look into an HTPC case, those usually take the guess work out for you.

Throw in a smaller form-factor mobo like a m-atx, possibly a boxed watercooling unit, and fans rated for an extremely low noise factor.

Yeah I've just had bad experiences with trying it because it gets really hot here. If anybody is volunteering I'm happy for the help, but otherwise I want somewhere I can throw it back to when it causes me problems.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
My go to recommendation for Fallout: New Vegas mods is: A World of Pain

Done with vanilla assets (and a bonus if you have Dead Money) so the download is tiny, but it adds some beautifully done levels to the game. The redoubts are just really well designed, the guy is a crazy talented mapper/designer. It's all kosher with the tone and setting of game too.

Hip Hop

Thank you for the Fallout suggestions. Gonna have a look through a few of those. NMC and Nevada Skies are looking like a must.

@Servizio.

I do have the "Ultimate Edition" so I guess it is compatible with your recommendation. 114 new locations it says? Crazy. It will make my replay of the game a whole lot easier now.

Starting up steam today after I got back home from work in the Update News pop up for Steam, Steam wallet codes are now able to be purchased here in Japan via convenience stores. This will be very nice for the upcoming fall and winter sales.

But the thing of importance to everyone who doesn't live in Japan, the official steam website advertised in the update news selling the steam wallet codes, says when the sale begins and ends.

https://steam.degica.com/
To those who can't read Japanese the website lists that the sale will start at 3 a.m on the 28th here in Japan or 10 a.m Pacific Standard time on November 27th, and it will end at 10 a.m PST on December 4th.

Starting up steam today after I got back home from work in the Update News pop up for Steam, Steam wallet codes are now able to be purchased here in Japan via convenience stores. This will be very nice for the upcoming fall and winter sales.

But the thing of importance to everyone who doesn't live in Japan, the official steam website advertised in the update news selling the steam wallet codes, says when the sale begins and ends.

To those who can't read Japanese the website lists that the sale will start at 3 a.m on the 28th here in Japan or 10 a.m Pacific Standard time on November 27th, and it will end at 10 a.m PST on December 4th.

As a member of JapanGAF, this pleases me greatly! I've been using the Steam store with the "cc=us" at the end of the web address, if I take that out I'd get rerouted to the regional store determined by my IP address, right?

Edit- funny how the wallet codes are for $dollars and not yen.

As a member of JapanGAF, this pleases me greatly! I've been using the Steam store with the "cc=us" at the end of the web address, if I take that out I'd get rerouted to the regional store determined by my IP address, right?

Edit- funny how the wallet codes are for $dollars and not yen.
Yes.

Arthea

GamersGate's new Daily is 50% off Nihilumbra ($5).

Is it better deal than one with coupon?

.... and Eryi's Action went to "Nope" category/folder. Seriously, why do I try platformers at all, I like one in 50 or something like that and even then it's mostly nostalgia.

about Mini Motor Racing EVO, I tried to find a game online probably 10 times now: nothing, none, nada, zilch, zero, nobody is playing it.

Caerith

I just installed Nevada Skies for my eventual replay. Gonna pass on NMC-- I'm all for high res textures, but IMO everything looks too "new" with the updated textures.

AWOP looks interesting...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The site will just default to the last cc value you used, but http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=jp will return you to the Japanese store.

Is it better deal than one with coupon?

Well, technically, it's 1c worse. ;)

The Japanese store prices everything in U.S dollars, but if you buy a steam wallet gift code here, it still should be usable on the U.S store, and you probably will get much better pricing than what is offered on the Japanese side, and quite a few games are not available on the Japanese store.Oddly enough no Sega games for example, which just makes me laugh at the absurdity of that. Or Square Enix published games which will probably be close to $80.00 new.

Oh, taking a quick look at the site, it looks like you can purchase Steam wallet codes from that site, then to make the payment you can go to a convenience store or make a bank transfer (which are common ways to pay for things online here, I even pay my utilities at 7-11). I will stop by a convenience store later and see if they have Steam wallet code cards there.

The Japanese store prices everything in U.S dollars, but if you buy a steam wallet gift code here, it still should be usable on the U.S store, and you probably will get much better pricing than what is offered on the Japanese side, and quite a few games are not available on the Japanese store.Oddly enough no Sega games for example, which just makes me laugh at the absurdity of that. Or Square Enix published games which will probably be close to $80.00 new.

Yeah, I might stick with the "cc=us" and use the American store since the code is in $$$.

Arthea

Well, technically, it's 1c worse. ;)
Whoa 1c! (><)
Well every cent helps when wintersale is coming.

That's outrageous! Surely, not $80
If Japan could play games in English and buy online, may be local prices get better with time

I doubt that they have the physical cards right away. Visa gift cards for internet shopping are just finally showing up in Convenience stores.which I suppose you could use to buy said steam wallet cards though.I was in a Family Mart the other day and noticed them next to the various gift cards for other online services.

The website says that it will email the codes to you after payment is received via convenience store or bank transfer. PC games are no where near popular enough in Japan for an average Convenience store to carry these things I would think but I would love to be wrong about that. This is a step in that direction though.

Call of Duty:Ghosts is $79.99 new as we speak for example.

I doubt that they have the physical cards right away. Visa gift cards for internet shopping are just finally showing up in Convenience stores.which I suppose you could use to buy said steam wallet cards though.I was in a Family Mart the other day and noticed them next to the various gift cards for other online services.

The website says that it will email the codes to you after payment is received via convenience store or bank transfer. PC games are no where near popular enough in Japan for an average Convenience store to carry these things I would think but I would love to be wrong about that. This is a step in that direction though.

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I live a few minutes away from a Mini Stop and a Family Mart, so it won't hurt to take a look :)

Have you used your wallet to purchase something from Steam US before?

Yeah, it worked for me before. But sometimes I can't buy from the online store ; if that happens, I use the app and it seems to work. Once in a while, it doesn't work at all. I don't remember the last time it failed to make a purchase. And if I use a credit card to make up the difference in the case that my Steam wallet isn't enough, the purchase will always go through.

Knurek

I find it terrifying that a mere 40% off of a terrible game is enough to push it into top three revenue-based list on Steam.

Well, if it means more JRPGs on Steam, I'm all for it...
Oh right, &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388; Squeenix, Give Final Fantasy 8

Arthea

I find it terrifying that a mere 40% off of a terrible game is enough to push it into top three revenue-based list on Steam.

Oh right, &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388; Squeenix, Give Final Fantasy 8

FF8 is given and bought, but we really and I mean really should buy the hell out of Trails when it hits steam, I want Falcom to see that PC is where their money are still.
I hope we can we do this ;)

Tizoc

What game are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom