• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk SE

EDIT: Wrong thread

I wish Steam would advertise that BTTF is now on Steam. However, anyone who would want to know probably already knows.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Instro said:
At the end of of the dungeon it just shows you everything you collected in the dungeon, more importantly it also identifies all the unidentified items you picked up. That confused me at first too, the only time you have to pick something is if you die in the dungeon.
Ah makes sense, thanks. I also need to figure out the little bonuses you sometimes get from selling stuff.

Fraeon

Finally got Beat Hazard and Bit Trip using that indie pack sale.

This outright confuses me though:

rndPC.png

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Fraeon said:
I should've rephrased myself.

Even if you did know what the Sixense was, it still isn't any less of a caricature of an achievement.
Yeah that's kinda bullshit.

Joe Molotov

Can wait for more devs to jump on that bandwagon; "Beat a level using an Nvidia video card" or "Score 100,000 points on an Alienware laptop".

Joe Molotov said:
Can wait for more devs to jump on that bandwagon; "Beat a level using an Nvidia video card" or "Score 100,000 points on an Alienware laptop".
It's already been done. Rainbow Six: Vegas has an achievement for using the Xbox Live Vision Camera. Few other games do it too.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can I bother someone to take a look at the size of HL2 and HL2 Ep1 in steam? I have a fairly limited free space on my laptop and I hate how Steam doesn't let you know how big the download is unless you pay for the game.

dream

Lord Error said:
Can I bother someone to take a look at the size of HL2 and HL2 Ep1 in steam? I have a fairly limited free space on my laptop and I hate how Steam doesn't let you know how big the download is unless you pay for the game.

5.2GB for HL2. 6.1 for Episode 1.

Nabs

Zefah said:
I think I'll double dip on Darksiders at that price. I haven't heard great things about the PC port, though.

I might check out Patrician IV, too. I hope it's not overly complicated/user unfriendly.
The port is a lot better than people were making it out to be. I haven't had a problem with the lack of AA either, and I usually do. I haven't tried to force it through CCC yet, and I'm not sure I'll bother just yet.

Joe Molotov said:
It's stupid, but what's wrong with that? It's just an achievement.

Fraeon said:
I should've rephrased myself.

Even if you did know what the Sixense was, it still isn't any less of a caricature of an achievement.
I just assume all other versions had some sort of motion controller achievement and instead of getting rid of it they picked a PC motion controller. Which no one has. Which makes it pretty bs.

Fraeon

Jay Shadow said:
I just assume all other versions had some sort of motion controller achievement and instead of getting rid of it they picked a PC motion controller. Which no one has. Which makes it pretty bs.

Nope. Neither the Wii or the iOS version have any achievements at all meaning that thing was clearly added there.

What makes it even more hilarious is that the thing hasn't even been released. :lol

1-D_FTW

Stumpokapow said:
ads suck
ads in games you pay for suck
ads tied to content of any kind in games you pay for suck

You forgot to add the part where it's most likely vaporware at this point. It's highly likely it'll never be achieved by anyone.

ZZMitch said:
I want to gift my stepbrother Civ IV on steam, is there anyway to do this without him getting an email right now?

Yup. Send it to your own email. When you want to send it to him, go into your 'Manage gifts and guest passes' and then resend it to him.

Joe Molotov

ZZMitch said:
I want to gift my stepbrother Civ IV on steam, is there anyway to do this without him getting an email right now?

When you checkout, tell it you want to send the game to an email address, and then put in your own email address. Later you can go to "Manage Gifts and Guest Passes" and then resend the game to your stepbrother.

Danj

Not sure if this is the Steam official thread but figured it's worth asking here anyway.

My mum is going to buy me something in the Steam sale, but since the last time she used her Steam account was last Christmas, she's forgotten her password, and the answer to the secret question doesn't seem to be working. How likely is it that Steam will respond to a support ticket so we can get it sorted out, before the end of the sale? Are they usually slow or quick to respond to support tickets?

CiSTM

Banned
Danj said:
Not sure if this is the Steam official thread but figured it's worth asking here anyway.

My mum is going to buy me something in the Steam sale, but since the last time she used her Steam account was last Christmas, she's forgotten her password, and the answer to the secret question doesn't seem to be working. How likely is it that Steam will respond to a support ticket so we can get it sorted out, before the end of the sale? Are they usually slow or quick to respond to support tickets?

I don't even bother to write down my steam passwords and I have forgotten my password more then dozen times and same goes for secret question and every time good people at steam support has reseted my password. I have always gotten new password with in 24h.

IrishNinja

hey, prolly should've asked here first - if your windows/program files partition doesn't have enough room for some of the bigger games you bought on steam, how can it be setup to work off another drive for certain titles, or is there a better way of doing this?

IrishNinja said:
hey, prolly should've asked here first - if your windows/program files partition doesn't have enough room for some of the bigger games you bought on steam, how can it be setup to work off another drive for certain titles, or is there a better way of doing this?

Start off on the last page of the steam sale and work your way back. It's on one of the last few pages.

ArjanN

CiSTM said:
I don't even bother to write down my steam passwords and I have forgotten my password more then dozen times and same goes for secret question and every time good people at steam support has reseted my password. I have always gotten new password with in 24h.

Maybe it's time to start writing down your steam password...

Or just email it to yourself, that way you can easily find it again.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
guys guys guys is there a Blood Bowl GAF League going on? Please say yes!

Danj said:

1. You have a freaking AWESOME mom.

2. Valve takes a bit to respond to tickets, especially on weekends. You'll most likely hear back by Tuesday.

deleted

I think I have a problem...

I can't buy anything via paypal or my credit card right now and Commandos 2 is missing. I didn't want to play it, buy I saw it in the wrong category during the holidays, so I changed it. Now its completly gone. Its one of those games I cannot buy in my region (germany), so I don't know if contacting Steam-Support about it would change anything.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So as someone who often likes to use a controller, I have been really annoyed when windows calls 360 controller buttons something other than their actual name (really, Microsoft? With your own controller?) so I went and found this information and figured it might also be useful to some of you making custom configurations for the 360 controller.

3fGhx.jpg

AxisX(<0) Left Analog Stick: Left
AxisX(>0) Left Analog Stick: Right
AxisY(<0) Left Analog Stick: Up
AxisY(>0) Left Analog Stick: Down
Axis3(<0) Right Trigger
Axis3(>0) Left Trigger
Axis4(<0) Right Analog Stick: Left
Axis4(>0) Right Analog Stick: Right
Axis5(<0) Right Analog Stick: Up
Axis5(>0) Right Analog Stick: Down
POV1:UP D-Pad: Up
POV1:RIGHT D-Pad: Right
POV1:DOWN D-Pad: Down
POV1:LEFT D-Pad: Left
Button 1 A
Button 2 B
Button 3 X
Button 4 Y
Button 5 Left Bumper
Button 6 Right Bumper
Button 7 Back
Button 8 Start
Button 9 Left Analog Stick: Depress
Button 10 Right Analog Stick: Depress

Danj

LovingSteam said:
1. You have a freaking AWESOME mom.

2. Valve takes a bit to respond to tickets, especially on weekends. You'll most likely hear back by Tuesday.

Steam support have responded today. They've reset the password and my mum is back in the system. Seems she can't add me as a friend unless she has a non-free paid game in her own account though, which kind of sucks, but she's been able to gift me the Square Enix complete pack using the email option. Awesome.

Danj said:
Steam support have responded today. They've reset the password and my mum is back in the system. Seems she can't add me as a friend unless she has a non-free paid game in her own account though, which kind of sucks, but she's been able to gift me the Square Enix complete pack using the email option. Awesome.

That's weird. It could work as a method to keep people from gifting a game then canceling the order just to lock people out of their steam accounts, but as you said she was still able to gift you a game. Just tell her to buy Bejeweled or Peggle.

Danj

I <3 Memes said:
That's weird. It could work as a method to keep people from gifting a game then canceling the order just to lock people out of their steam accounts, but as you said she was still able to gift you a game. Just tell her to buy Bejeweled or Peggle.

Do they have any brain training type games? She said she'd be interested in one of those.

Volcynika

Cdammen said:
Bought F.E.A.R. and I'm installing it... it's 17GB (expansion seem to be a mandatory install)! Goddamn!

Yep, both expansions are in the download. Don't try to uninstall an expansion either, it'll take the base game and the other expansion with it :lol

Cdammen

Volcynika said:
Yep, both expansions are in the download. Don't try to uninstall an expansion either, it'll take the base game and the other expansion with it :lol
Thanks for the warning. I just wanted to see it run on my new rig. Last time I played it was back in 2005 and it ate a lot of system resources.

Rektash

All these sales are nice and so on but:

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support.

For 2 days now, I just can't buy shit. And the steam servers are slow as @#!& atm.
Come on it can't be that hard to upgrade server capacitys for the holiday sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom