• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Gross. Not only did my internal clock force me to wake up early for the sale, it did so 2 hours early.

Fucking Steam...

GuiltybyAssociation said:
I'm really hoping Divinity II: TDKS goes on sale

I've been wanting this for awhile but now I'm wondering if I should just save my money and wait for Two Worlds II since everything I've seen on it looks great and its out before the middle of Jan isn't it?

John

BarrenMind said:
Built a new PC over the weekend for the first time in more than 10 years.

That means one less excuse, Steam. Please be gentle.
10 years? dude you are going to be fucking smothered

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LovingSteam said:
Boys, I'm ready!
My body isn't.

BarrenMind said:
Built a new PC over the weekend for the first time in more than 10 years.

That means one less excuse, Steam. Please be gentle.
Partially the reason why I don't have a huge list of things to buy on this sale is cause my graphics card is shit. 8GB of ram, i5, and a crappy graphics card :lol

My shortlist:
Half Life 1
Super Meat Boy

..and the rest will be deals that just tempt me :lol

BlueMagic said:
I'm new to this whole Steam thingy. How long does the sale go for?
As long as it can go without ripping your wallet into pieces.

I think till early January?

BlueMagic

enzo_gt said:
As long as it can go without ripping your wallet into pieces.

I think till early January?

Nice, that gives me enough time to buy from home.

I was hoping to get L4D & L4D2 for cheap. It's probable that they put them on sale, right?

Krakn3Dfx

Simply Put:

spongebob.jpg

Dynoro

BlueMagic said:

I was hoping to get L4D & L4D2 for cheap. It's probable that they put them on sale, right?
Bear in mind that a lot of stuff last year got a special discount for a day only

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
BlueMagic said:

The daily sales are where it's at. Most things get a deep discount but the daily sales can be insane. It pays to keep up with it.

confused

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
I have a feeling The Oddbox will be the big star of the first day. Not sure if there will be any other big games for sale today.

:lol :lol :lol
You have no idea. Expect 33-66% off a huge list of items (Last year it was 400 games) Daily deals 6-10 a day. Games at 75-90 % off. Full publisher catalogues for like $50. Your wallet will be raped.

fallout

oxrock said:
The daily sales are where it's at. Most things get a deep discount but the daily sales can be insane. It pays to keep up with it.
Right. The trick is to wait for the daily sales. Then, on the last day, buy whatever you wanted that didn't get a daily sale.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
confused said:
:lol :lol :lol
You have no idea. Expect 33-66% off a huge list of items (Last year it was 400 games) Daily deals 6-10 a day. Games at 75-90 % off. Full publisher catalogues for like $50. Your wallet will be raped.
fuck. how does valve get away with this goddamnit.

webrunner

enzo_gt said:
fuck. how does valve get away with this goddamnit.

The economics of online are a lot different then that of retail.

Really, the only reason that the games aren't usually cheaper than retail is that the retailers threaten to cut off the publishers if they sold cheap that way.

The trick is that there's very little cost to distributing an online copy: no worrying about stock levels or printing discs or distribution and everything else. It's basically all profit, going up the chain.

Dascu

Fallout-NL said:
Ask yourself this before you pull the trigger though: 'Am I really going to play this anytime soon?'
Nah. I bought Half-Life 2 and its Episodes in last year's sale and only started and finished them last week. The Steam Christmas sale is a fantastic opportunity to create a backlog of amazing games for an equally amazing low price. You can buy enough fun games to pretend that it's holidays all year long.

Dynoro

webrunner said:
The economics of online are a lot different then that of retail.

Really, the only reason that the games aren't usually cheaper than retail is that the retailers threaten to cut off the publishers if they sold cheap that way.

The trick is that there's very little cost to distributing an online copy: no worrying about stock levels or printing discs or distribution and everything else. It's basically all profit, going up the chain.
Unless you run out of keys..not like Steam would ever do that though :D

eznark

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
I have a feeling The Oddbox will be the big star of the first day. Not sure if there will be any other big games for sale today.

Pretty much all I want today.

When do the Back to the Future games hit?

teiresias

I already own vanilla Oblivion (on PC and PS3 ironically), but never really played far into it, and I've never played Morrowind at all. I'd pick both up at the right price though.

I'm also hoping the elusive Bloodlines goes on sale!

teiresias said:
I'm also hoping the elusive Bloodlines goes on sale!

ztd63o.jpg

Seldom, and not usually for very much. It's a 7 year old game that only finally dropped down to $20.00 this year.

Also, I was just browsing the Steam store for some games and noticed that Doom 3 no longer shows Activision as the publisher anymore. I wonder what is up with that.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd go for (cheapskate Christmas prices on) Bloodlines, Mass Effect 2, the Longest Journey games, RUSE, and the SURPRISE CHRISTMAS RELEASE of Grim Fandango, Neverhood, and Half-life 2: Episode 3.

I am not expecting the last three to happent, though. ;(

Dennis

Banned
All I really care about is Vampire: Bloodlines. I think I have most everything I want already.

Really Valve, why so few games?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
eznark said:
Not the appropriate thread I know, but are they coming to the ipad the same day?
The PR announcement for the release date only reference the PC/Mac release.

I <3 Memes said:
Also, I was just browsing the Steam store for some games and noticed that Doom 3 no longer shows Activision as the publisher anymore. I wonder what is up with that.
Id probably owns the rights to the series. In fact they probably own all their IPs. They no longer use Activision as a publisher. Edit: Just checked, Id is listed as the publisher for Doom 3 confirming it.

enzo_gt said:
The first episode or something is free, is it not?
The free first episode becomes available in February.

UrbanRats

I'm interested in Mafia 2, Lost Horizon and 007:Bloodstone, mainly.
Could go for Force Unleashed 2 and Mass Effect 2 for SUPER cheap.

Akia

I'm in the market for the Complete Bethesda Pack, Crysis1+Warhead, Super Meat Boy, Mass Effect 1+2 and Dragon Age Ultimate.

Stallion Free said:
Id probably owns the rights to the series. In fact they probably own all their IPs. They no longer use Activision as a publisher. Edit: Just checked, Id is listed as the publisher for Doom 3 confirming it.

Last year it still listed Activision as the Publisher. I dont buy Activision games so I was asking to make sure none of my money goes to them now.

BlueMagic said:

Both of those games have been on sale like every 2 weeks since they came out. How do you not have them yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom